Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it bombs and Geoff has his name taken off the credits again, remember how deeply involved he was in this.

It looks to me as if they're doing another huge-budget CGI spectacle with lots of funny-looking aliens. And don't be surprised if Parallax is back as the villain.

Hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      If it bombs and Geoff has his name taken off the credits again, remember how deeply involved he was in this.

It looks to me as if they're doing another huge-budget CGI spectacle with lots of funny-looking aliens. And don't be surprised if Parallax is back as the villain.

Hmmm...
      All respect, but I'm not sure. Being that the movie is several more years in the making, somehow I think we're going to get effects commensurate with the insanely evolving technology. In other words, at least from an effects perspective, GLS is probably going to be incredible.

I dream of Snyder and Zimmer being involved...

Comment

• Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
        All respect, but I'm not sure. Being that the movie is several more years in the making, somehow I think we're going to get effects commensurate with the insanely evolving technology. In other words, at least from an effects perspective, GLS is probably going to be incredible.

I dream of Snyder and Zimmer being involved...
        My point was that the CGI blew the budget of the Green Lantern movie through the roof and helped make it the 11th biggest money-loser of all time -- something that Geoff didn't get blamed for. And I suspect like they're going down the same path with this one.

Comment

My point was that the CGI blew the budget of the Green Lantern movie through the roof and helped make it the 11th biggest money-loser of all time -- something that Geoff didn't get blamed for. And I suspect like they're going down the same path with this one.
          I so, SO hope that isn't the case.

Comment

Hmmm...
            How do you arrive at these points?

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
              How do you arrive at these points?
              If it's about the Corps, then I think the default mode is that it's going to have a lot of funny-looking aliens. It doesn't have to have them, but I think that's the natural tendency for that topic. I think it's going to be "big," with the "vast threat" approach of a DCU event, so there will probably be a lot of CGI-generated alien Lanterns.

Why Parallax? Again, it doesn't have to have him, but look at Hal's rogues gallery. What's there? A lot of bad Silver Age villains from Earth, mainly. Besides Parallax, who is a "cosmic" villain who could threaten the whole Corps? There aren't many. And you've already introduced Parallax in the first movie.

I suppose I'd sum up my guesses by saying that those are most obvious and uncreative things you could do in a GLC movie, so they're probably the most likely. I think the focus is going to be on everything except what really counts, which is getting a good story.

Is that cynical? Yes, it is.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-21-2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Or maybe they'll use the Anti-Monitor or Darkseid as the vast threat. But I expect something along those lines.

Comment

Or maybe they'll use the Anti-Monitor or Darkseid as the vast threat. But I expect something along those lines.
                  Those would be terrific. Sinestro, with Mark back in the role (he was one of the best parts of the movie, imo)...

Comment

• I still love the buddy cop, Lethal weapon formula idea. Hal and John as the main characters, with other GLs as part of the supporting cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                      I still love the buddy cop, Lethal weapon formula idea. Hal and John as the main characters, with other GLs as part of the supporting cast.
                      Buddy cops need to be mismatched. I don't see a lot of contrast between Hal and John.

Guy and John would work better, especially if you make John nerdish, but Geoff is doing this, so you know it's Geoff's designated "greatest Green Lantern," Hal.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-21-2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Buddy cops need to be mismatched. I don't see a lot of contrast between Hal and John.

Guy and John would work better, especially if you make John nerdish, but Geoff is doing this, so you know it's Geoff's designated "greatest Green Lantern," Hal.
                        Plus, Guy and John have definitely had their share of fistfights. In fact, now that I think of it, they'd be the perfect match.

Comment

• Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                          Plus, Guy and John have definitely had their share of fistfights. In fact, now that I think of it, they'd be the perfect match.
                          But it's Geoff, so that'll never happen.

Comment

• Good thing because I'd much rather it be Hal and John.

Hal and Guy could work too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                              Good thing because I'd much rather it be Hal and John.

Hal and Guy could work too.
                              I think Hal and John are the worst combination. As I said, not enough contrast there.

The huge bulk of people who go to this movie won't know jack about John or Guy, and the rest will have pretty much forgotten Hal from the Green Lantern movie. They won't be going to support particular characters who they have a history with. You've got to put something interesting on the screen for them, and in doing that you shouldn't depict two characters who think pretty much the same thing. That's a fundamental principle of writing.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-21-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

But it's Geoff, so that'll never happen.
                                Trey please! The wet blanket is smothering my fanjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X