Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lantern- less Justice League origin. Is it ok??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lantern- less Justice League origin. Is it ok??

Justice League trailer inspired me to share this. I guess I'll see how many agree.

https://www.change.org/p/warner-brot...-no_src-no_msg

I imagine most people here would agree with you. It's not the Justice League without all of the Big 5. And it still bothers me that the Martian Manhunter is no longer one of the original 7.

Comment

I have no problem boycotting the film. I still haven't watched the new Superman set at all. Haven't watched Batman vs Superman. None of the new Batman movies either. Not my heroes. Not my generation.

The Justice League without Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter is just wrong.

Consider it done.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

I don't have a problem with that. It seems to be an admission that they don't yet know what to do with Green Lantern, and it's better to go Lantern-less than to use a Lantern badly.

Marvel built all its characters up piece by piece before they did The Avengers. That showed faith in the characters and in their own ability to make movies. DC has less faith in its characters and its movie making, and with good reason, so they went to the JLA early and left out two characters they seem to be stymied with.
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-26-2017, 11:28 PM.

Comment

You can use your characters to sell your all-star movie, or you can use your all-star movie to sell your characters. DC was forced to go the latter, less preferable route. It puts a lot of pressure on JLA to deliver the goods.

Comment

Whether or not it was a good choice, it was always WB's plan to make Justice League and then spin films out of it. Just look at the set-up for Justice League Mortal.

I think if there IS an appearance by a Lantern or the Martian in JL then they should keep it under wraps till the movie premiers.

~//V\\~

Comment

DC has Batman and Superman, and Superman is a distant number two. Green Lantern used to be number three, but we all know what happened there, so number three is now the Flash. Wonder Woman is ritually designated as number three, but she isn't.

Marvel has a stronger and deeper stable of characters. Even without the ones they don't have the film rights to, they can field a much better all-star team than DC can.

Does that mean DC can't make a great all-star movie? No. But of course their track record with movies is poor. And Batman is limited in an all-star movie because he has no super-powers.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-27-2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I'm fine with it but I would like them at least mentioned or name dropped toward the end if this leads into some sort of intergalactic conflict with Darkseid. They need to be part of this universe, but they also need to be done well. I was imagining that maybe a Hal Jordan Green Lantern already does exist in this universe, it's just that Bruce Wayne can't locate him because he has been off planet for years. When Darkseid's forces reach Earth Hal will return to defend his sector.
                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, there was internet speculation that an end credit scene to Justice League would feature Albin Sur falling to earth and the ring finding Hal. But, I don't think that will be the case because of the reports of the Green Lantern Corp movie, which features Hal Jordan and John Stewart. This would mean that they would been GLs for awhile.

But I do think it would suck if a Green Lantern does not appear in the Justice League film. However, it looks like the JL film already has its hands full with providing somewhat of origin stories for Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Not a fan, but not surprised. WB screwed the pooch on the GL film, and they simply don't want to use the character for the time being. We're probably going to have wait for the sequel to see GL in action.

Comment

Working...
                    X