Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a feeling there dr strange was already cast. i think itll be someone way out of left field like the douglas casting in ant-man.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

well that was unexpected

RDJ Will Do IRON MAN 4 if MEL GIBSON Directs

An extended and revealing interview with Deadline gave fans an inside look at Robert Downey, Jr.’s career and what he thinks about playing Iron Man. Oh, and it provided that surprising but true headline (that we shamelessly borrowed from our friends there - thanks, Deadline!).

The actor says that Iron Man 3 took him out of a “five year flight of fancy” that he could remain an action star. A busted ankle on the set of that movie made him feel his age, and know his time was short. “Looking back, I’m surprised and really embarrassed that some middle aged guy was thinking like that. And I honestly don’t think like that presently. But I also know that it could happen again, this bit of a hypnosis that would make someone think that way.”

"I also think about how much easier it was to remember on this last Avengers [Age of Ultron] that I’m 20 years older than pretty much everyone there," the actor said. “That’s pretty much the cast. Ruffalo and I are a little closer in age and maybe Spader has a couple years on me, but you know what I mean.”

Speaking specifically on Iron Man 4, Downey backtracked ever so slightly on his "won’t do Iron Man 4" statements of the past, instead saying that his relationship with Iron Man is "all being talked about on a bunch of different levels right now." He was first very praising of Marvel Studios and specifically their president, though.

"Marvel keeps stepping up its game, and I appreciate the way Kevin Feige and all the creatives there think. They are as in the creative wheelhouse as any great studio has been at any point," said Downey. That leads him to look at things both from his own perspective and from Marvel’s. “So it becomes a matter of, at what point do I cease to be an asset to what they’re doing, and at what point do I feel I am spending so much time either shooting or promoting these films that I’m not actually able to get off the beachhead and do the kind of other stuff that is good for all of us. Each one of those movies is spread over two years and some people fit other things in.”

Citing his age, as he’s about to turn 50, and the fact that he’ll also soon have two young children (with one toddler and another on the way), as well as the films he’s producing with his wife as all being contributing factors to the “points of departure,” Downey did seem to still indicate that his journey as Tony Stark is nearing its conclusion.

Of course, after discussing his friend Mel Gibson, who he says is both repentant for his outspoken and anti-Semitic comments and has also “changed,” Downey offered up a scenario where he’d do Iron Man 4: if Gibson directed it. “Why not? That movie would be bananas,” he ended the interview.

source

http://www.newsarama.com/22297-rdj-w...n-directs.html

Comment

I'd watch the shit out of it. Mel Gibson is a pretty solid director.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
          I'd watch the shit out of it. Mel Gibson is a pretty solid director.
          maybe im just to hard headed but i didnt like what he said to his wife at the time. all i can say is without derailing the thread look into it and youll see why i cant support a guy like gibson

Comment

Not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
              Not gonna happen.
              who knows anymore honestly? i mean if rdj can convince marvel to give him a higher pay rate for 2 non solo iron man films maybe he may be able to pull such a thing.

not saying i want it but lets not forget rdj is like the golden boy for marvel even though they never wanted him

Comment

‘Fantastic Four’ Costumes Aren’t ‘Cheesy Superhero Outfits, Michael B. Jordan Says

Miles Teller’s recent assurance that Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot will be “different in every way” from its 2005 predecessor extends to the costumes worn by Marvel’s First Family.

Asked during an interview with Wonderwall how he felt about donning the Human Torch’s tight-fitting threads, actor Michael B. Jordan said “the costume part wasn’t that bad.”

“I think we did a really good job at making it modern, new, fresh without going to the cheesy superhero outfits,” he said. “We didn’t take the easy way out at all. So I didn’t mind it so much.”

Jordan elaborated on that to The Daily Beast, recalling his first time in the costume.

“I think it wasn’t on set, but it was during the fittings when I put on the full outfit and looked at myself in the mirror, and I was like, ‘Oh shit. Game on!’” he said. “It was like, this is it! This is what it looks like. This is what it feels like. It felt good. [...] You can talk about it and discuss it and what not it. But it’s not until you get on set and put on those clothes that you become that person. You kind of check out. Mike checked out. I was playing Johnny Storm. I was doing it. No more talking about it. You gotta be about it.”

Comment

Logo Revealed For Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’ Show on Netflix

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce an exclusive “Marvel’s Daredevil” signing event at New York Comic Con on Saturday, October 11 from 3:45-4:45 p.m. ET at the Marvel Booth (#1354)

For the first time, Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), and Vincent D’Onofrio (Wilson Fisk) will meet with fans.

All fans who participate in this signing will also receive an exclusive “Marvel’s Daredevil” production concept art poster, drawn by Marvel Chief Creative Officer and legendary artist Joe Quesada.

Please note: this is a ticketed event. Interested fans should arrive at the Marvel Booth when the doors open at 10:00 a.m. ET on the day of the signing to participate in a random drawing for the opportunity to get one (1) item signed by the cast.

“Marvel’s Daredevil” follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel’s first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus,” “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer,” “Angel”) and Drew Goddard (“Cabin in the Woods,” “Lost,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer,” in addition to writing the first two episodes of “Marvel’s Daredevil”), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Smallville,” “Heroes”).

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix

For more information on “Marvel’s Daredevil,” and the other exciting new Marvel Television series coming to Netflix, stay tuned to Marvel.com

Comment

I find it odd that they just KEEP going out of their way to harp on how different their movie will be from typical superhero fare, when evidence suggests that people are kind of loving superhero fare these days (or at least Marvel superhero fare).

I mean, I guess they need to be more specific about what superhero fare they are comparing themselves to. When they talk about how this movie is going to be different than a typical superhero movie, and these costumes aren't "cheesy superhero outfits", etc., what are they setting themselves up against? What would be an example of "cheesy superhero outfits" in recent memory? What kinds of RECENT superhero movies are they trying to distinguish themselves from? Or are they just trying to distance themselves from the previous FF films?

Without specifics, it ends up with them basically telling the movie-going public, "We're going to be REALLY different from other superhero movies!" when that same public has been flocking to superhero movies in droves for the past several years...

Comment

I say go for it. If you want a trainwreck, at least go all the way to make it as amusing as humanly possible. I want this to make Batman And Robin look like the Avengers.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                        maybe im just to hard headed but i didnt like what he said to his wife at the time. all i can say is without derailing the thread look into it and youll see why i cant support a guy like gibson
                        I know what you're talking about, and I don't care. I don't need Mel Gibson to be a shining light of decency in order for me to enjoy a movie directed by him. I'm with West, though, it in all likelihood won't happen. But the man can direct a movie and that's all I care about.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I'm looking forward to the first footage of the Fantastic Four. I think because of the success of the X-Men franchise and Marvel studio films, Fox studio knows there's money to be made with FF and are making an honest effort to making a quality film. I sincerely hope they do. The last FF film was borderline Batman and Robin and taking a 180 degree turn from that film may not be sure a bad idea.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Axel-In-Charge: "Thor," "Men of Wrath" and Jason Aaron's Big Week

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                              I'm looking forward to the first footage of the Fantastic Four. I think because of the success of the X-Men franchise and Marvel studio films, Fox studio knows there's money to be made with FF and are making an honest effort to making a quality film. I sincerely hope they do. The last FF film was borderline Batman and Robin and taking a 180 degree turn from that film may not be sure a bad idea.
                              Don't get me wrong, I'd be super happy if it is awesome. Even thought I've never read ANY FF, it seems like exactly the kind of thing that SHOULD make a fun movie, but I've avoided the previous ones because everything I've ever heard about them is negative. If I had an attachment to the characters, I probably would have ignored that and watched anyway (I heard plenty of bad things about the GL movie before I saw it, but went anyway), but as it is...nah.

However, nothing I've heard about this one has me very optimistic, and I'm not talking about fanboy ranting, but the things the people MAKING the film have been saying, like concentrating on what it ISN'T instead of what exactly it is, odd casting choices (race swapping can be just fine- worked great for Nick Fury- but race swapping HALF of a pair of siblings? That leaves me scratching my head, wondering why not just do the same for Sue?), and mentions of "found footage", none of that stuff fills me with a great deal of anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                              X