Interview with Marz and Banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Marz and Banks

Classic GREEN LANTERN Duo MARZ & BANKS Return to Shine the Green Light On KYLE RAYNER's Rookie Year

I never get tired of hearing about Ron & Darryl creating those moments. When I read this interview, I was excited to see a high-res image of Alex in the fridge with the door open. I immediately contacted Darryl and asked him to sign a copy for my nerd cave.
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

"I wrote a story thirty years ago that wiped out a property's entire history and got to replace it with my own stuff, which was much cooler and still prevails today. I'm so cool. Oh wait, it doesn't still prevail, does it?"

As Bruce Springsteen might say, you've got nothing left mister, but boring stories of glory days.

Comment

Are you still hung up on that nonsense? That's neither what happened, nor what he says in the interview.

Comment

Marz thinks the fans are responsible for his not being mentioned in the same breath as John Steinbeck. That's true, but only in the sense that they stopped buying his comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
            "I wrote a story thirty years ago that wiped out a property's entire history and got to replace it with my own stuff, which was much cooler and still prevails today. I'm so cool. Oh wait, it doesn't still prevail, does it?"

As Bruce Springsteen might say, you've got nothing left mister, but boring stories of glory days.
            I hate to break this to you (or maybe I don't), but Marz's influence on the comic book industry hardly ended with Green Lantern. His name is not only connected with many of the biggest characters in Marvel and DC history, but also cultural staples like Star Wars, Aliens, and Tarzan. That's a legendary career from any rational point of view. His glory days are far from over.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Hey, you know what? Maybe Ron could write a Jessica Cruz comic and make her impossible to flush, the way he did Kyle!

That would be a dream come true, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                Hey, you know what? Maybe Ron could write a Jessica Cruz comic and make her impossible to flush, the way he did Kyle!

That would be a dream come true, wouldn't it?
                Marz could write a story about G'nort teaming up with Streaky and Krypto and probably make it interesting.

Comment

Working...
                X