View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #3707
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Division 1 --- Got the last mask I needed on my second try, and I'm going to try for some other commendations while I have a chance. That'll probably take up a portion of my weekend.

Destiny 2 --- The game is unrecognizable. In the ~18 months that I've stopped playing, the content has advanced significantly (light level is now over 600, character level cap is 50), and just navigating the UI is an adventure. I was in the game for not even 5 minutes when an old buddy hit me up, surprised I was back, and I hopped into chat with him and a third friend. We caught up and now apparently I will need to purchase the Shadowkeep expansion in October or sometime thereafter (it should include the Forsaken content so I won't need both).

The game is turning heavy into the "Fortnite seasonal craze" and it has moved from its year-based formula of old into something more en vogue. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this right now. I'm going to do what I can with some quests for now, but otherwise I'm just going to have to wait until I have the spare money to get the revamp (it isn't just an expansion, their redesigning their core elements as well).

But god it was great talking to my buddies again. They missed me and said how often they had wished for a third guy for missions. Those guys are wonderful.