Characters Missing In Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characters Missing In Action

there are so many great characters from the past volumes of Green Lantern that havent made an appearance in a long time.....of course there are many not so great characters cough Goldface cough... but here are a few I would like to see again and I want to see them in Green Lantern not JLA or some other book.

1.LORD MALVOLIO
    2.DARKSTARS AND CONTROLLERS
    3.POWER RING(if he has been in comics lately forget him)
    4.MRWHYDDEN
    5.EVIL STAR
    6.SONARS
    7.DR POLARIS

Evil Star is appearing now, in an ugly new costume.

Power Ring is appearing now also, although one could argue whether it's even the same character.

The other characters are all figments of the minds of writers other than the ones we have, so don't hold your breath. I wonder whether Malvolio ever really existed, or whether he was a mental construct generated by Priest. Yeah, I miss Bito. He was always good for an interesting battle.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
      ...The other characters are all figments of the minds of writers other than the ones we have, so don't hold your breath. I wonder whether Malvolio ever really existed, or whether he was a mental construct generated by Priest. . .
      I would've never doubted his reality if you hadn't suggested it.

Comment

Lord Malvolio is the one I regret the most as far as being gone. That story should have been finished and was set up very well. Now the doppelgangers are a dime a dozen so there's no point in doing it now.

Comment

Evil Star is back? Cool. I would like to see him amped up. If you go around calling your self evil,you gotta be a little more vicious. Sonar It looked like Goeff was gonna do something with him then left us hanging. I would like to see the new super scarry Shark come back,or even a amped up Goldface.
          Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

SLEDGE.
            SONAR II.

Comment

I thought about GOLDFACE as well but IMO he would have to be totally changed much like gj did with BLACKHAND.

Comment

Goldface appeared in Geoff's first Flash run. He was drastically retooled and less of a threat.

Comment

He was reformed long before that, into a politician I believe. Goldface's "power" was being yellow, but after the Corps broke up, Kyle Rayner could've kicked his ass blindfolded. So...good time to hang up the supervillain act.
                  The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by TEN_RINGS View Post
                    there are so many great characters from the past volumes of Green Lantern that havent made an appearance in a long time.....but here are a few I would like to see again

2.DARKSTARS AND CONTROLLERS
                    the DSs were mostly wiped out by Grayven, and then *finally* eliminated by Starbreaker in Adam Strange: Planet Heist

4.MRWHYDDEN
                    likely killed by Appa Ali Apsa in v3

7.DR POLARIS
                    killed during Villains United by Human Bomb, and then slew his successor when he came back as a Black Ring.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                      He was reformed long before that, into a politician I believe. Goldface's "power" was being yellow, but after the Corps broke up, Kyle Rayner could've kicked his ass blindfolded. So...good time to hang up the supervillain act.
                      not *just* that, but he also wore a powered suit that let him throw haymakers @ Supes

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                        He was reformed long before that, into a politician I believe.
                        How the heck do you go from being a literal supervillain, with a fancy suit and powers and all that, to being a politician? I mean, I know Lex pulled it off somehow but I always thought that was stupid, too. I mean, the DCU must be very different than our universe if somebody with that serious of a criminal record can actually get elected to anything.

Comment

No one knew his secret identity. He wore an armored suit, remember?
                          The last fan of 1990s comics
                          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Yo.

it wouldnt have been a case of vast public knowledge, but he *did* have a criminal record; it wouldnt have been a hard to look that up if a reporter was looking to do an expose or anything on'im...........

Tazer

Comment

If I recall correctly, he had been in prison, got out and became head of a workers' union in Keystone City.

Comment

Working...
                              X