Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Yes, pretty cool.

They have the cover for #10? When does #9 come out?
    It's out on 5/25.

Comment

• The CW Officially Picks Up Archie Comics-based drama ‘Riverdale’ For Series Order

Comment

• This is a great cover:

Comment

• s a new school year begins, the town of Riverdale is reeling from the recent, tragic death of high school golden boy Jason Blossom, and nothing feels the same. Archie Andrews (KJ Apa) is still the all-American teen, but the summer's events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music -- not follow in his dad's footsteps--despite the sudden end of his forbidden relationship with Riverdale's young music teacher, Ms. Grundy (Sarah Habel). Which means Archie doesn't have anyone who will mentor him -- certainly not singer Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray), who is only focused on her band, the soon-to-be-world-famous Pussycats.

It's all weighing heavily on Archie's mind -- as is his fractured friendship with budding writer and fellow classmate Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse). Meanwhile, girl-next-door Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart) is anxious to see her crush Archie after being away all summer, but she's not quite ready to reveal her true feelings to him. And Betty's nerves -- which are hardly soothed by her overbearing mother Alice (Mädchen Amick) aren't the only thing holding her back. When a new student, Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), arrives in town from New York with her mother Hermione (Marisol Nichols), there's an undeniable spark between her and Archie, even though Veronica doesn't want to risk her new friendship with Betty by making a play for Archie.

And then there's Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch)... Riverdale's Queen Bee is happy to stir up trouble amongst Archie, Betty, and Veronica, but Cheryl is keeping secrets of her own. What, exactly, is she hiding about the mysterious death of her twin brother, Jason? Riverdale may look like a quiet, sleepy town, but there are dangers in the shadows... Based on the characters from Archie Comics, RIVERDALE is from Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, in association with Berlanti Productions, with executive producers Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa ("Supergirl," "Glee"), Greg Berlanti ("Arrow," "The Flash," "Supergirl," "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"), Sarah Schechter ("Arrow," "The Flash," "Supergirl," "DC's Legends of Tomorrow") and Jon Goldwater (Archie Comics).

Comment

• Iconic rock band "Josie and the Pussycats" is making a return to comics in a new ongoing series from Archie Comics, under co-writers Marguerite Bennett ("DC Comics’ Bombshells"), Cameron DeOrdio and artist Audrey Mok ("Heroine Chic").

Hitting stores in September, the series will see a reimagined take on beloved bandmates Jodie, Valerie and Melody, in the spirit of the "Archie," "Jughead," and upcoming "Betty & Veronica" revamps.

Check out Mok's cover for "Josie and the Pussycats" #1 below:
            Here's the solicit text for the first issue, from an official press release:

Friends, countrymen, lend me your long tails and ears for hats—the Pussycats are back! In this series kick-off, Josie’s getting the band together to help achieve her dreams of musical stardom. But for the group to last, it needs a strong foundation of friendship and trust. Can the girls get going, or will Alexandra’s plotting put a stop to the whole thing? Don’t miss comics’ supreme songstresses’ return to the limelight in this exciting first issue!
            Bennett said in a statement, "I am incredibly grateful and outrageously stoked to be working on JOSIE...JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS is zany, high-energy, hilarious, and utterly sincere. The book can't launch soon enough."

"Josie and the Pussycats" #1 hits stands on September 28.

Comment

• Betty & Veronica Art by Adam Hughes

Josie and the Pussycats #1 Variant by Derek Charm

Josie and the Pussycats #1 Variant by Colleen Coover

Josie and the Pussycats #1 Variant by Alitha Martinez

Comment

• Almost a year later and Archie is one of my favorite comics I read per month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelous Iggy View Post
                  Almost a year later and Archie is one of my favorite comics I read per month.
                  Me too. I'm always happy when it's time for the new ish.

Comment

• Same. I love all 3 of the Archie books that I read.

Comment

• War is coming to "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina."

Archie Comics' dark reboot of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" kicks off its second arc in September's issue #7 with "Witch-War," a six part storyline by writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and artist Robert Hack

In "Witch War," Sabrina's late father, Edward Spellman, returns in the body of Sabrina's dead boyfriend, Harvey Kinkle. While Sabrina believes her old flame has returned, her aunts Hilda and Zelda sense trouble -- and they'll do everything that they can to keep Sabrina and Harvey apart. Meanwhile, Edward's ex-girlfriend, Madam Satan, reveals her dastardly plans for the Spellman family.

"Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" is the second title in the Archie Horror line, which reimagines Archie Comics' signature teen comedies as dark supernatural thrillers. "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" debuted in 2014 before going on a year-long hiatus in June 2015 while Aguirre-Sacasa developed the drama "Riverdale" for The CW. The book returned to print with issue #5 on June 1.

"Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is Archie Comics' second-longest running franchise, and was created by George Gladir and Dan DeCarlo. In addition to a number of comic books, Sabrina previously appeared in a long-running live-action sitcom and three separate animated series.

"Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" #7 goes on sale September 21, 2016 and features covers by Hack and Moritat.

Comment

• ARCHIE #12

THE END OF AN ERA FOR RIVERDALE’S POWER COUPLE!
                        The romantic rivalries and not-so-friendly competitions in Riverdale will finally come to an end as newly-crowned queen of Riverdale Veronica Lodge is sent packing once and for all! What does this mean for Archie? You won’t want to miss this one!

Script: Mark Waid
                        Art: Veronica Fish, Andre Szymanowicz, Jen Vaughn, Jack Morelli
                        Cover: Veronica Fish
                        Variant Cover: Bilquis Evely, Marguerite Sauvage
                        On Sale Date: 9/21
                        32-page, full color comic
                        $3.99 U.S.

Comment

• Betty and Veronica #1 Pages by Adam Hughes

Comment

• Bleeding Cool: Veronica Fish Leaves Archie, “Name” Replacement To Be Sought At San Diego

Comment

• Betty & Veronica #3 Covers by Adam Hughes

Comment

• Jughead #10 Variant by Fiona Staples

Comment

Working...
                                X