X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    Damn, that's savage, but true.

Comment

• Although, it sort of perpetuates this myth that if only everybody did the right stuff, nobody would die of COVID. There's no reason to believe that is true, and lots of evidence that it is not. The precautions were ALWAYS expected to "flatten the curve", not prevent all cases. Maybe this guy wouldn't have died, maybe he would have, you just can't really say with any certainty. That said, I am perfectly willing to cut grieving families a lot of slack about how they express their grief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Although, it sort of perpetuates this myth that if only everybody did the right stuff, nobody would die of COVID. There's no reason to believe that is true, and lots of evidence that it is not. The precautions were ALWAYS expected to "flatten the curve", not prevent all cases. Maybe this guy wouldn't have died, maybe he would have, you just can't really say with any certainty. That said, I am perfectly willing to cut grieving families a lot of slack about how they express their grief.
        Agreed and agreed. Masks aren't even close to 100% (the virus is smaller than the spaces in the material, which is why you see CDC guys in hazmat suits, not surgical masks) and there's all kinds of ways it can legitimately spread from people and to people following the guidelines. But I'm sure it would be aggravating to lose someone to it and see all these people who don't follow the guidelines simply because they don't want to.

Comment

• https://deadline.com/2020/07/harry-c...ng-1202994418/

Harry Clein, a veteran film publicist who wrote the original press notes for Star Wars and helped develop the innovative internet campaign for The Blair Witch Project, died June 18 of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder in Atlanta. He was 82.

His death was announced by spokesperson Mark Pogachefsky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Although, it sort of perpetuates this myth that if only everybody did the right stuff, nobody would die of COVID. There's no reason to believe that is true, and lots of evidence that it is not. The precautions were ALWAYS expected to "flatten the curve", not prevent all cases. Maybe this guy wouldn't have died, maybe he would have, you just can't really say with any certainty. That said, I am perfectly willing to cut grieving families a lot of slack about how they express their grief.
            The thing though, is that while not everyone's trying to spread the disease, it's just that there are a lot of people, especially in the U.S. who basically live by a "It's fake" policy, that doesn't help at all, and just makes it more frustrating, so I absolutely understand the families grievances at the same time.

Comment

• I can fully understand the frustration. I just don't think it is accurate to say "He'd still be alive today if it weren't for those people that don't wear masks!" Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. The disease isn't ONLY spread by people ignoring precautions.

That said, while the belief that mask wearing doesn't help and the belief that mask wearing would STOP the spread of the disease are both equally false, one is clearly more dangerous.

Comment

• People need to wear masks. Period. The ones who refuse to are stupid or jerks.

Comment

• https://variety.com/2020/tv/obituari...ry-1234724490/

Reni Santoni, who played Poppie in “Seinfeld” and appeared in “Dirty Harry” and other films, died on Aug. 1. He was 81.

According to a Facebook post written by his friend and TV writer-producer Tracy Newman, Santoni died on Saturday morning. He had been “sick for quite a while.”

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/08/05/pete-h...or-dead-at-85/

Pete Hamill, the consummate New York newspaperman and novelist whose 15-year career at the New York Post included stints as a columnist and editor, died Wednesday, his family said. He was 85.

Hamill fell at his Brooklyn home Saturday after returning from dialysis, his brother, writer Denis Hamill, told The Post.

Comment

• https://www.thecut.com/2020/08/daisy...y-suicide.html

Daisy Coleman, the survivor at the center of the 2012 Maryville, Missouri, rape case and whose story was later featured in the Netflix documentary Audrie & Daisy, died by suicide on Tuesday evening. She was 23 years old.

Damn, this is incredibly depressing.

Comment

• https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...was-84-1306078

Billy Goldenberg, the Emmy-winning composer who collaborated with Elvis Presley, Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross, wrote the theme songs for Kojak and Rhoda and provided music for Queen of the Stardust Ballroom, Helter Skelter and Steven Spielberg's Duel, has died. He was 84.

Goldenberg died Monday in his Manhattan apartment, friend and screenwriter Gary Gerani, who is doing a documentary about the composer, told The Hollywood Reporter.

Comment

• https://www.lastampa.it/spettacoli/2...olo-1.39176203

The first true autonomous female voice on the Italian scene. With the death of Franca Valeri today a symbol disappears, as well as a great actress and a cultured, ironic, tasteful lady. She had just turned 100, she was born on July 31, 1920 in Milan, from a good family of Jewish origin, real name Franca Maria Norsa. Since its debut in 1948, with the stage name, derived from the French poet Paul Valery, "because my father did not want me to do theater", he had interpreted the vices, changes, weaknesses of a society in transformation and then decay, creating popular icons such as Signorina Snob or Sora Cecioni, an amazing success of which she has long felt a prisoner.

Comment

• James Harris (wrestler Kamala) dies at age 70.

He had not been well for some time and had both legs amputated. I gotta re-watch some old matches. His gimmick is very dated now to say the least. Interestingly, when he started in pro wrestling, he was shocked to find out the matches were predetermined.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 08-11-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Raymond Allen, the actor known for his roles as Uncle Woody on "Sanford and Son" and Ned the Wino on "Good Times," died on Monday after a battle with respiratory issues. He was 91.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

James Harris (wrestler Kamala) dies at age 70.

He had not been well for some time and had both legs amputated. I gotta re-watch some old matches. His gimmick is very dated now to say the least. Interestingly, when he started in pro wrestling, he was shocked to find out the matches were predetermined.
                                Maybe this is a tribute from Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ick/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X