The demise of Toys 'R' Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo.

to quote Rev. Jesse Jackson......KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/13/news...bid/index.html

Billionaire CEO behind Bratz makes his bid for Toys 'R' US

The CEO behind Bratz dolls and Little Tikes toys is officially making his bid for Toys "R" Us.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I wonder if they were expecting something like this, since the "sales" at our TRU have not been what you would expect for a store that is literally going away. I haven't seen anything over 10% off (and a lot of things below that), even though the window signs insist that things are "up to 30%" off. So many things are still more expensive than you would find them elsewhere NOT on sale.

Comment

Bratz maker, huh? Will Geoffrey get sexied up?

Comment

Yo.

https://www.journal-news.com/busines...xd8yuPwraUPkO/

No redemption: Toys ‘R’ Us rejects bid submitted by billionaire

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

They were asking for their demise. Shame, I have so many good memories going to Toys R. Us on the weekend, and using my gift cards, and getting some awesome toys. The memories man!

Comment

Yo.

I said it b4, and I'll say it again: KEEP HOPE A L I V E!!!!!!!:
              https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...-revive-brand/

Toys ‘R’ Us cancels bankruptcy auction, plans to revive brand

Tazer

Comment

don't see how being that every store is closed now

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  don't see how being that every store is closed now
                  Well, I highly doubt it will mean them going back in to all their old stores (if any). Here's the relevant portion:

The bankrupt retailer’s debtors aim to open a new Toys "R" Us and Babies "R" Us branding company that maintains existing global license agreements and can invest and develop new retail shops. The lenders also plan to expand its international presence and further develop its private brands business.
                  Notice, though, that means total new management (a kind of in-name-only deal). It's in the hands of the bankers.

Comment

Toys R Us would definitely need to only operate a handful of brink and mortar stores and focus more on their online sales, to cut down on overhead and leasing costs. I'm sure they'll look at Amazon on how to better connect with their costumers.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

First step would be to not mark so much stuff up over MSRP.

Comment

Which means they would drastically reduce their operating costs. I'm sure they know their prices have to be competitive with the online retailers. Thus, I don't think they have Toys R Us in every city. Probably just in areas where there's alot of foot traffic or in areas that showed consistent profits.
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Its back.... sort of..?!

https://www.cbr.com/toys-r-us-geoffr...kroger-pop-up/

Comment

Yo.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/18/busin...res/index.html

Toys 'R' Us is coming back to the United States

Tazer

Comment

This coupled with the "Geoffrey's Toy Box" is all very confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X