No announcement yet.

Blackest Night Time Capsule™

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im thinking that after blackest night the guardians die and we have the surviving corps members.. with mogo also dying... we then might see the corps move into an elite corps since there is no other way of recruiting new ones so only the tough ones will survive... also... remember in GLC there was a secret corps within the corps that guy was a part of for a couple of issues along with that butterfly chick? i wounder if they'll make a comback?

Comment

Word is that the Corpse Corps is gone. They were supposed to have a little mini-series actually, but it got scrapped. It's too bad though, because everyone liked the concept.

But your idea of an Elite Corps is a good one. Personally, I've always liked the times in history when the GLC is not running at full 3600 member capacity. Having 7200 Lanterns is even worse, simply because I don't think the comic needs that many. We don't even see 1% of the Lanterns showcased, hell we only see about .003 % in any relevant capacity at all (rough calculation of 25 lanterns out of 7200, but even that is probably high).
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
        Word is that the Corpse Corps is gone. They were supposed to have a little mini-series actually, but it got scrapped. It's too bad though, because everyone liked the concept.

But your idea of an Elite Corps is a good one. Personally, I've always liked the times in history when the GLC is not running at full 3600 member capacity. Having 7200 Lanterns is even worse, simply because I don't think the comic needs that many. We don't even see 1% of the Lanterns showcased, hell we only see about .003 % in any relevant capacity at all (rough calculation of 25 lanterns out of 7200, but even that is probably high).
        Well, having alot of cannon foder for the story works in that way. The 7200 numbers providdes enoughtt numbers withouth needing to kill some characters. I still think the Corps is too small with 7200 members.
        Orion Pax
        Iolande's Bodyguard
        Last edited by Orion Pax; 09-15-2009, 03:09 AM.

Comment

To me it is more of an irrelevant # than anything else. Why not have 4 Lanterns per sector, or 10? If they REALLY wanted order, why not a Lantern from each planet? Or 2?

I understand the need for a large # of Lanterns from an "in comic" perspective, because that is the goal of the Guardians. But from a "looking in" perspective, the one we have as readers, I think more interesting stories could be told with fewer Lanterns. It would make the ones that are there seem that much more vital to the Universe, not as "cannon fodder in the next big war".

On that note, I'd actually like to see less wars amongst the Corps and more amongst alien planets. Like the Bounty Hunter Vs. Mercenaries arc or your latest one in the Masters. To me that is much more compelling than "Green Vs. Yellow, Blue Vs. Orange" etc. etc. There is no diplomacy in Corps Vs. Corps wars, it's just war. In ones where GLs would have to play peace keepers or defenders, I think there is more room for creativity.
          sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Word is that the Corpse Corps is gone.
            I don't remember reading that. In fact, they were reconfirmed as existing in Geoff's GLC/Sinestro Corps Secret Files just after the Sin War.

The thing about the Corpse is... they're out there... but the things they do, the kind of activities they're involved in... if they're doing their job properly, you wouldn't hear about it.

Comment

O.K. I was just going by memory when we were discussing them before. But the reader could still be privy to their actions, even if the GLC is not.

But this thread is getting derailed, perhaps I'll make a new one to discuss this.
              sigpic

Comment

All great ideas everyone...I didn't read one possibility that I didn't like!!

Comment

To me it is more of an irrelevant # than anything else. Why not have 4 Lanterns per sector, or 10? If they REALLY wanted order, why not a Lantern from each planet? Or 2?
                  My theory?

Because they don't want an insurrection. The Guardians do several things their Lanterns disagree with, things that are necessary for the well-being of the universe. However, if you have a billion lanterns or some equally high number, those lanterns could start a rebellion against the Guardians. 7200 are a compromise. The Guardians could fight them if it ever came to that, but it's enough to take care of the universe on a normal day.

Comment

hmm. gonna pitch mine.

Guy Gardner will kill Atrocitus, becomes leader of the Red Lanterns, but in a good way hehe.

and after BN is done. the GLC will have these so called RESERVES, who they can trust to rise up in the call for arms.
                    Tons T
                    Alpha-Lantern
                    Last edited by Tons T; 09-15-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

i can't even begin to imagine how this will end. it can go like nothing we ever think of (which is what i'm hoping for, seeing from a while ago that i guessed correctly about nekron, i want to be surprised by the story!)

One thing for sure, nekron and krona won't die in this. you can't kill a good villain, you may need them in the future.

Comment

I believe that the only way someone can avoid being taken by a Black Lantern, and subsequently exposing their weakness and destroying them is to be "At Peace" with oneself. Most of our heroes have suffered several setbacks, or had moral or ethical issues, maybe suffering tragic events. I think the tactic of using the dead that are close to the heroes is to keep them emotionally stirred. Firstly so the Black Lantern can consume their emotion filled hearts, and to stop them from being able to somehow overcome the Black Lanterns. The heroes are going to be forced to come to terms with the messed up events they have fought through the past decade or so. Like Hal's dad's death, Wonder Woman murdering someone, or even Barry's confusion about his return. That's what "At Peace" means. You aren't devoid of emotion, but you are in control of them. We can see several heroes with conflicting emotions, Like Clark and Kyle. This is because they are faced with Black Lanterns who were very close to them doing horrible things. So as soon as Hal or someone figures out that letting go of the past and being "at Peace with oneself" will allow them to fight back, they will start dealing with their own emotions and kick some butt.

Comment

Why does everyone think that Krona is going to have something to do with Blackest Night?

Once Blackest Night is over, I'm guessing the Guardians will be dead along with John Stewart.

Comment

Maybe because Krona is Entropy?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              Maybe because Krona is Entropy?
                              Krona supposedly was trapped at the end of Trinity.

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
                                Why does everyone think that Krona is going to have something to do with Blackest Night?
                                well krona is a known associate of nekron and in nekron original appearance (tales of the green lantern corps way back in 1981) krona is nekron henchman of sort. i would be really surprised if krona didn't make an appearance in blackest night.

Comment

Working...
                                X