No announcement yet.

Green Lanten/New Gods Event: Godhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Johns wouldn't have Hal sit there, emotionally broken, deflated and defeated AND THEN allow Sinestro and his corps to leave freely. That's what bugged me most about that panel. At the very least, Hal would have called in reinforcements.

Comment

I don't care to argue over who would and wouldn't do such a thing. It seems beside the point. I don't object to it because of who wrote it...

Comment

Well, it's not really about who wrote it, but Hal's actions, or lack thereof. I was simply responding to chosen's above post. I still profess that Hal's actions are out of character, but again, I get that this is Sinestro's title, so he should best Hal in some shape or form to keep things interesting.

Comment

as in any comic, the character whose book it is can always be written to be able to conquer any foe. In the Atom's book he can beat the Flash, in Elongated Man's book he can defeat Superman. This was Sinestro's book so he came out on top. I had no problem when John beat Hal in Mosaic, because that was John's book. Hal beat Guy in Green Lantern but might not in Guy Gardner or Warrior. Would you expect Hal to punk out Kyle in New Guardians? Bruce beats Azrael in Batman but in Azrael's book, no wait we are talking about Bruce here,in DC he always wins, lol. The writers of Sinestro are not charged with advancing Hal's character, just making their main character look good, so that people keep buying that book, if that means jobbing out (wrestling term) Hal to do it, then so be it.

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
            as in any comic, the character whose book it is can always be written to be able to conquer any foe. In the Atom's book he can beat the Flash, in Elongated Man's book he can defeat Superman. This was Sinestro's book so he came out on top. I had no problem when John beat Hal in Mosaic, because that was John's book. Hal beat Guy in Green Lantern but might not in Guy Gardner or Warrior. Would you expect Hal to punk out Kyle in New Guardians? Bruce beats Azrael in Batman but in Azrael's book, no wait we are talking about Bruce here,in DC he always wins, lol. The writers of Sinestro are not charged with advancing Hal's character, just making their main character look good, so that people keep buying that book, if that means jobbing out (wrestling term) Hal to do it, then so be it.
            Very well said.
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

The problem isn't so much Hal losing, it is Hal acting so defeated, like he accepting the twaddle Sinestro was spouting about his superiority. Sinestro isn't going to lose in his own book (at least not a major loss), I get that. But it is uncharacteristic for Hal to take a defeat so meekly.

Plus I just felt like Sinestro's speech about his superiority was a load of crap, and I didn't like that it seemed like Hal was buying it...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                The problem isn't so much Hal losing, it is Hal acting so defeated, like he accepting the twaddle Sinestro was spouting about his superiority. . .
                This. He could've been defeated without being so dejected.

Comment

Sinestro is the greatest Lantern in history since 2004. Don't like it? Speak with your wallet.
                  The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Yet so many people that don't like the product, still continue to buy it. Sigh completist.

Comment

Well, in my case it is more like the things I don't like about it are outweighed by the things I still enjoy. I'm not a fan of Mary Sue-nestro, this is true, and there WAS a period where that was being pushed hard enough (along with the EEEEEVIL Guardians portrayal), that I seriously considered dropping the books, but I find that now those aspects have taken on a rather minor role. Sinestro is a non-entity outside his own book, and there, with this single exception, there has not been a big focus on how he is the awesomest ever, better than any GL that ever existed. And while it is still in continuity that the Guardians were apparently evil bastards for pretty much their whole existence, they have been killed and replaced by Guardians that are not.

Comment

Well, in my case it is more like the things I don't like about it are outweighed by the things I still enjoy. I'm not a fan of Mary Sue-nestro, this is true, and there WAS a period where that was being pushed hard enough (along with the EEEEEVIL Guardians portrayal), that I seriously considered dropping the books, but I find that now those aspects have taken on a rather minor role. . .
                        That's me too. I am one of those weird creatures called a completist when it come to GL and right now there are many aspect of GL I don't like. But, frankly, I still enjoy reading it. It's not a chore for me to finish the comic. I'm interested to see how the story will go, what construct Hal will use, etc.

But, yes, I would still buy it even if I didn't like it. I compare it to people who are fans of a TV show. Not every episode is as good. Do you skip the episodes you don't like as much? If you follow a sport, do you quit when your team is losing?

Comment

And while it is still in continuity that the Guardians were apparently evil bastards for pretty much their whole existence, they have been killed and replaced by Guardians that are not.
                          So, the Guardians that were locked up to guard the First Lantern are the New Guardians? I haven't read that title, so I don't know what's transpired. Last I remember, they went off on some space mission with Kyle, then I dropped the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                            So, the Guardians that were locked up to guard the First Lantern are the New Guardians? I haven't read that title, so I don't know what's transpired. Last I remember, they went off on some space mission with Kyle, then I dropped the book.
                            Still off in space with Kyle, yeah. So I guess they aren't specifically functioning as Guardians in the sense of running the Corps right now, but they are clearly "the Guardians" inasmuch as anybody can be said to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                              Sinestro is the greatest Lantern in history since 2004. Don't like it? Speak with your wallet.
                              and i have, after he kicked the @$$es of the big bad in the 1st story arc with little to no effort i was done with it (what's the point if everything comes easy ), H@LL HE KICKED HAL'S @$$ WITH NO EFFORT AT ALL

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                                Still off in space with Kyle, yeah. So I guess they aren't specifically functioning as Guardians in the sense of running the Corps right now, but they are clearly "the Guardians" inasmuch as anybody can be said to be.
                                To be fair, that is when that book stopped being any good. I long for the day of a spectrum book with one of each colour. Kyle can lead the team as a white. It could be like the Corps book with more than just green splash pages.
                                DC should drop Green Lantern: New Guardians as it is now and bring it back as it used to be. A team book - Green Lantern: Spectrum

Comment

Working...
                                X