Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Rambo is bad ass in mk . Plays very smooth. Rains agile as hell . Milleena is fun
    Popped in the disc to see how much it cost. Decided I will download it but might wait a month or so to knock down some more credit card charges first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Popped in the disc to see how much it cost. Decided I will download it but might wait a month or so to knock down some more credit card charges first.

For 15 bucks not a bad deal for all 3. Im exstatic they got sLy to voice rambo. I Cant Even imagine what that cost to cut a check was since he made a huge comeback. Hes also in james gunns suicide squad. He announced it on twitter. I know Arnold didnt voice terminator. They got a voice actor to do it. The voice is meh. Having Peter weller voice robocop is fantastic
      TazzMission
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by TazzMission; 11-18-2020, 02:48 AM.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Two sales were expiring soon on PSN, so I scoured what was available for anything I liked and found some hidden gems.

Super Star Wars, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Jydge, Cat Quest, Tesla vs Lovecraft are all mine now. The first I think I still have for SNES, but I want to be able to play it on a working console (god knows if I'll ever beat it, those games were hard as hell). Octodad was something I'd been waiting forever on (despite it always being very cheap during every sale), and I'm glad to finally have it. Cat Quest was something my dad and I watched Shubble play on PC maybe a year ago, thrilled that it's available on PSN.

But the biggest surprises are the top-down twin stick shooters Jydge and Tesla vs Lovecraft. Both are by 10Tons Ltd, the first being a straight-up tribute to Judge Dredd and the second being a hilarious send-up of science vs superstition.

Only a couple weeks left in the season for Division 2, and I decided I would try and do all the stuff required to find and eliminate the prime manhunt target. I've also started to (finally) finish the collectibles and have completed a few sets but there's a lot left to go, and part of me is tempted to actually revisit the absolute slog that is Kenly College just to find the last few items I need from there. We'll see but I probably won't have time to waste on that until the next rotation.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I wish star wars bounty hunter would get a remaster

Comment

• Manhunt for Bardon Schaeffer has been completed!

At first using my sub-machine gun build for some of the progress, I eventually switched to an assault rifle build so that I can use the Chameleon (still trying for that perfect FAMAS and a proper build to pair with it, but that'll come in time). I tried to kill the mystery Hunter that appeared, died to him once, tried a second time but he apparently is scripted to disappear after a minute (this particular double-attempt was during the Wraith bounty). I was much more cautious during the Dusk, Belfry, and Shade bounties but things got wild anyway: Hunter would appear and start shredding into rank mobs and then vanish.

Actually, during the Dusk bounty, the Hunter was really kicking the pre-boss mob's collective ass. Even crazier was during the Shade bounty, because the pre-boss mob spawned out of a closet...and immediately turned around and fired every bullet they had into said closet, because the Hunter spawned in the very same closet right behind them. I spent a minute watching them clash and I won't lie, the Rikers got shredded at first but then one of them set up a mounted machine gun and actually started to slowly peel the Hunter's armor off. For a second I thought I was going to see the mob gradually win, but then the boss appeared and then Hunter despawned and I managed to take her out. The final mission to fight Schaeffer was enjoyable, and I can't believe that I managed to complete it on challenging difficulty (that fight against the Hunter was something else). Might have to do the mission several more times to get all the audio logs from the seasonal manhunt, but I'll drop the difficulty to make it less repetitive.

In the process of hunting down Shade, I was required to do ten floors of the Summit mode. It's just as mediocre as people insist. That mode needs a lot of attention (as does Hardcore, which I still need to get back into), and really the only thing of note was that I picked up one piece of the Ridgeway's Pride exotic chest piece, but without getting the other pieces and completing the Summit the one piece is borderline useless. Maybe one day I'll do the legendary missions and also have a proper build for Summit, but that's down the line.

Still farming SMG zones to get the Lady Death exotic. And still experiencing a glitch where my arm patch changes, now it's pretty frequent. Super annoying.

Looking forward to hunting down Faye Lau in season 4.

Comment

• Did the Schaeffer mission three more times for the extra audio logs, lowering the difficulty from challenging to hard. Shockingly I did worse each time against the Hunter, never beating him again. Oh well, I still beat him on challenging first try.

Doing the Belfry League now and I only knocked out the missions on required difficulties, ended up getting more than half of the grand total required for the entire leagues marks so earning the backpack trophy won't be hard at all. But honestly, Massive really needs to adjust some of the time requirements (Manning Zoo needs an 18-minute run for a perfect time trial, which is difficult at best solo because I've got a good build and I was almost ten minutes over; Potomac and Bunker both have lengthy end battles that drag out their own time trials).

The discounted games on PSN this time around are a decent selection, but I think I'm only really going to get The Outer Worlds; it's around 60% off and that's a damn good deal. I did also see the Tiger Shark skin for Maneater was free so I grabbed that. Sadly, neither Super Empire Strikes Back nor Super Return of the Jedi nor Octodad 1 are on PSN, and I doubt they ever will be.

Comment

• Spent Friday evening, Saturday afternoon/night, and most of today farming in Division 2 for the Vile mask, the Lady Death SMG, and assorted gear pieces. Barely scraped together the pieces into a mediocre skill build so then I focused on the gun and mask.

Hours later still no luck with either so I gambled on a weekly project's exotic cache and got the mask. Fucking finally! Of course I still need the SMG and who knows when that will feel like dropping.

Destiny 2 -- I decided to do that first couple season missions with my Warlock and Titan but beyond that I still have a yet to get Beyond Light (probably not until next year).

My new controller hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Comment

• New controller arrived yesterday, I let it charge while I played wirelessly with my main one. Using it today and it feels a hell of a lot better. Need to get a second new controller so I have a reliable spare and can toss the old one for good. The "real test" will be playing Division 1 without the camera going awol on me (but it likely won't with a brand-new device, after all).

But the best news of all is that Disney's Aladdin/The Lion King bundle is back on sale on PSN. It's been probably six or more months since it was last on offer, and for barely 2 gigs, you get remastered classics from multiple platforms (both the console and handheld versions!) and they come with save-anywhere/play-anywhere features (meaning you can fast-forward or rewind and pick up at whichever spot you want). Definitely getting this since I skipped The Outer Worlds again.

Surprisingly I made the decision to go ahead and buy the Season of Arrivals pin from the Bungie Store. Twenty bucks is a fair price, and I skipped on the custom shirt and another set of pins. (Plus I got two free emblems for the game).

Comment

• Beat mass effect Andromeda again. Going back to finish assassins creed Odyssey. Im pissed because i had to redo everything from a old save

Comment

• About to do a second play through of star wars jedi fallen order

Comment

• Right thumbstick on brand-new controller is definitely not working properly. I opened up my in-game keyboard and letters were being randomly selected like it was a DDR tournament. I managed to smack the controller repeatedly to get it semi-functional and even with its issues I completed both the Hornet and Jupiter manhunt missions in Division 2 (as well as a few matches of Destiny 2's Crucible) but I am going to have to set aside around $60 dollars again for another replacement.

On the upside, I did get the Aladdin/Lion King bundle.

Comment

• Kp3 rumor for mk is smoke sareena deathstroke. Havik.._.._ supposedly a second story wich the price states 25 bucks. im done with mk. The last story dlc was 40, the recent dlc was 15 for rain rambo mileena. The game before the dlc was $59.99. The game awards are i think the 18th this month so it may get revealed there
                          TazzMission
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by TazzMission; 12-07-2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Got lucky and am currently using a spare controller we had downstairs, and it works perfectly fine for both thumbsticks and keyboard issues I previously noted. Thank fucking Christ. Now I can finally burn through the Season 4 challenges for Division 2 and various activities in Destiny 2.

And speaking of Division 2, the Optimization Station made its return yesterday.

It's a roaring dumpster fire.

The cost, both resources and time, required to improve gear even the slightest is so insanely high that Massive should have just left the thing out and openly vowed to never implement it; as it stands, it is an active insult to the players and to good game design. And I'm saying this as someone who somewhat regrets not buying the Season 3 pass and actually eventually intends to buy the Season 4 pass.

Conversely, Bungie released a helluva blog post about future loot quality (Aztecross's video is stunning, couldn't believe my ears). One day I'll get Beyond Light, but for now I think I'll just settle.

Comment

• Dragon age 4 and mass effect titled will continue was announced. We get a shot of liara so i assume after mass effect 3 oh yea a evil dead game was announced
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 12-11-2020, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X