Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)

"Though we may come from different countries and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of the recent events, the bonds of friendship made this year will be more important than ever."

Super Fuzz [aka Supersnooper] (1980)

"Well, what do you expect? If a man is in the middle of an atomic blast, the least he can do is drop dead!"

[Rifftrax:] Attack from Space (1965/2016)

"He's getting lumpier by the second."

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Terrifier this was a nice little slasher gem i came across on netflix
    I've seen that. It's not my favorite, but it's creepy. If you didn't know, it's a spin-off/sequel to the horror anthology All Hallows Eve.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 09-28-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• The original karate kid. Been loving cobra kai more than i thought i would. Both seasons on netflix. 3rd season next year. Before that original clash of the titans
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Mountain (2017)

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness."

Sort-of documentary or art film that philosophically (and a little historically) examines mountain climbing with video of mountains and climbers.

Snatch (2000)

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Watched again yesterday for its 20th anniversary. Always loved how Guy Ritchie's early films wrapped all the story lines like a crazy Seinfeld episode.

Siege at Firebase Gloria (1989)

"The people were friendly: we liked them, and they liked us. DiNardo knew enough Vietnamese to be a big hit. So it really hurt us to see their heads on stakes. This rotten war was getting to us."

Pretty weak Vietnam flick (as that opening dialogue probably reveals), but it had good bits.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 09-28-2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Not a film but the lucifer series on netflix. Just waiting on the other 8 episodes for season 5 its haulted do to real world issues

Comment

• Coffy (1973)

"This is the end of your rotten life, you motherf***in' dope pusher!"

Introduced a friend to this favorite.

Gamera vs. Guiron (1969)

"I'll tell you what. Remember, the next time, if you are naughty again... I'll shave your heads!"

My first choice in my just-arrived Arrow set.

The Creeps [aka Deformed Monsters] (1997)

"What is this movie?"

My full-moon werewolf pick for this month, which is ironic since it was literally a Full Moon production. Horror comedy about a mad scientist who is using old books to bring to life the archetypes of Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the werewolf, and the mummy. When he's interrupted, he gets shorter versions of all 4 and seeks revenge against the librarian and part-time detective who did so. Alright.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 09-28-2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              The Creeps [aka Deformed Monsters] (1997)

"What is this movie?"

My full-moon werewolf pick for this month, which is ironic since it was literally a Full Moon production. Horror comedy about a mad scientist who is using old books to bring to life the archetypes of Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the werewolf, and the mummy. When he's interrupted, he gets shorter versions of all 4 and seeks revenge against the librarian and part-time detective who did so. Alright.
              Ill probably pirate this._.. Something about it caught my attention

Comment

• [Rifftrax:] Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004/2008)

"Come on.
                -We've got a lot of quirky crap to get through."

[Rifftrax:] Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002/2008)

"Oh the pantsings."

[Rifftrax:] Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001/2004)

"It’s never a good sign when you leave the stall crying."

It was fun (though not hilarious) and if you know what you're getting with Full Moon pictures, it's not a bad one.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 09-29-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

It was fun (though not hilarious) and if you know what you're getting with Full Moon pictures, it's not a bad one.
                  Niiiiice

Comment

• Earth to Echo (2014)

"You know what, I lied, actually. We're gonna ride our bikes out into the desert, at night, alone. Without supervision.
                    -Okay, see you then, sweetie."

Jim Thorpe--All-American (1951)

"When he could stand it no longer, he began to run. And once again, he found relief in the sheer physical joy of running."

Meh.

Seconds (1966)

"I couldn't help it, Charlie. I had to find out where I went wrong. The years I've spent trying to get all the things I was told were important - that I was supposed to want! Things! Not people or meaning. Just things. And California was the same."

An early John Frankenheimer film about a banker looking for a change who comes across a shadowy organization that offers to fake his death and give him a new look (Rock Hudson) and life.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 09-29-2020, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Seconds (1966)

An early John Frankenheimer film about a banker looking for a change who comes across a shadowy organization that offers to fake his death and give him a new look (Rock Hudson) and life.
                      A very good movie. Highly recommended.

The fact that it was filmed in B&W as late as 1966 is noteworthy. I assume that was done for artistic reasons.

I'm posting it in the Videos forum.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-05-2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Cuties [Mignonnes] (2020)

"What are you doing?"

I'm sure Tazz will be disappointed I Netflixed this, but while I'm okay with saying something isn't my taste, I don't like to condemn something without actually seeing (reading/hearing, whatever) it. I can see both sides. The story is pretty interesting--a Senegalese Muslim girl (11) in Paris rebels against her conservative family by falling in with a pre-teen dance troupe. They clearly idolize and imitate sexualized dancing. This is ultimately rejected, but it's hard to deny the male gaze in the way the dance scenes are shot. I can't imagine the movie could actually get legally penalized since there's no nudity or overt sexual act performed by underage girls. That said, if I had a preteen daughter I wouldn't want her playing one of these parts. Thirteen, (from what I hear) Kids, and certainly Klip push more boundaries in that realm.

Memphis Belle (1990)

"Yeah Luke, why go back to the daily grind of being a lifeguard? Take it easy!"

Turned 30. I find this war pic underrated.

D.O.A. (1988)

"I don't think I like what you're inferring, Mr. Cornell.
                        -Implying. When I say it, that's implying. How you take it, that's inferring."

Movies where the main character is doomed from the start and movies where the character is framed really bother me, but the mystery here really grabbed me.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                        A very good movie. Highly recommended.
                        It's not very fast moving, but it's a real think piece. Reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode if they examined the concept for feature length. Even that ending (which I saw coming) would make a good TZ conclusion.

I meant to tell you it’s on Tubi. So, if you’re willing to watch with commercials (but otherwise uncut), you can do so legally.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 09-29-2020, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• The Strange Case of Doctor Rx (1942)

"If I hadn't lost my badge, I'd turn it in."

Another of the suggestion column films I'd seen a while back and am now finally viewing. Someone in the city is assassinating mobsters and leaving mysterious calling cards, and only Jerry Church (Patrick Knowles) can solve the case. But someone is getting the drop on him every step of the way.

Not great but I found it somewhat enjoyable, though it really doesn't live up to its horror billing (more of a talk-heavy mystery). Lionel Atwill plays a minor role that is used as a red herring throughout, and despite being perhaps the most famous name in the listing, Shemp Howard (I shit you not) is also a minor character (but he was fairly amusing, and in real life he refused to drive after crashing his car into a barbershop). Overall could have used some revision but isn't outright terrible.
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Morocco (1930)

"Every time a man has helped me, there has been a price."

The oh-so-beautiful Marlene Dietrich's Hollywood debut as a down and out night club act in the titular country when she received the attentions of a French aristocrat and a cynical French Legionnaire (Gary Cooper). Famous for the (pre-code) scene where, dressed in a man's tails and coat, she jokingly kisses a female fan. Not great, but interesting.

Beyond the Mat (1999)

"I could never get over the fact that guys could beat the crap out of each other in the ring, and be friendly outside of it."

Excellent look at pro-wrestling in the Attitude era.

Almost Famous (2000)

"Always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends."

Turned 20. Love this flick and the whole world it looks at.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 09-28-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• The Black Doll (1938)

"Never mind the initials, what do you know about the murder?"

A crooked mine owner receives a black doll with a knife in it and is shortly after murdered, prompting his daughter to ask her private eye boyfriend to investigate. At the same time a bumbling sheriff attempts to also find the killer.

Mostly serious but it has a lot of humor from Edgar Kennedy, who plays the buffoon sheriff. Donald Woods as the protag is solid, and I liked Matatesta as the butler. The rainy night shots were pretty good as well. Fairly decent B-grade detective flick I pulled off the suggestion list from YouTube but the transfer quality can be tricky at times (the cell will slide below the screen so you see the bottom of the previous cell at the screen's top, and some other mistakes). Worth a watch all the same.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Judgment Night (1993)

"All aboard!
                                -That's a conductor, not a bus driver.
                                Hey, why don't you sit down and shut up.
                                -Now that's a bus driver."

Heard about this from a Youtube show and dug it. A group of friends (including Estevez and Gooding Jr.) who detour through the Chicago slums witness a murder and then have to run for their lives from Denis Leary's gang.

Let Me In (2010)

"Are you a vampire?
                                -I need blood to live.
                                But how old are you, really?
                                -Twelve; but, I've been twelve for a very long time."

Watched for the 10th anniversary.

Goodfellas (1990)

"I didn't want to get blood on your floor."

Watched this Wednesday night with the folks for its 30th anniversary.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 09-19-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X