No announcement yet.

WonderCon 2012 (Anaheim???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be around all 3 days, mostly sight-seeing & wrangling for the wife and her co-horts as they cosplay around.

Comment

Programming at WonderCon 2012

Comment

Green Lantern Related Panels at WonderCon 2012

Below are the panels that relate to our favorite space bound ringslingers. From DC Comics panels to former Justice League writer & artist spotlight panels and even discussions with former and current GL editors, there are events each day for Green Lantern fans to enjoy at WonderCon in Anaheim,CA.

Friday (March 16th)

1:00-2:00 DC Comics: All Access
        — A lot can happen in a year! Come by for unfiltered access to DC editors as they talk all things DC! Find out what they have to share from behind the scenes at your favorite and most talked about comics publisher. Joining the All-Access party will be some of the industry's top talents, so don't miss out! Room 204

1:30-2:30 Spotlight on Mark Waid
        — WonderCon special guest Mark Waid is the author of Daredevil, Kingdom Come, Irredeemable, and much, much more. Mark will discuss his 25-year career in comics, peppering the discussion with advice, inside stories, and talk of his vision of the medium's future -- where he will announce his biggest undertaking yet! Room 211

2:30-3:30 Spotlight on Ryan Sook
        — WonderCon special guest Ryan Sook, current DC The New 52 cover artist, participates in a Q&A session about his art and career. Find out about his process in creating covers for the Justice League Dark and DCU Presents. Learn who his favorite artists are and what comics he loves, and hear what he has to say about whatever other topics you want to bring to the discussion. Room 203

Saturday (March 17th)

10:30-11:30 CAC Session 4: Focus on Bob Schreck
        — WonderCon special guest Bob Schreck (Legendary Comics) joins the Comics Arts Conference to discuss his life in the comics industry. Stanford Carpenter (School of the Art Institute of Chicago) talks with Bob about his time as an art director, writer, and editor at both Dark Horse and DC Comics, the founding of Oni Press, and his new venture at Legendary Comics -- and last but not least, his impressions of the industry as both a creative and an editorial force. Room 210

1:00-2:00 DC Comics: The New 52
        — The New 52 is comics' most talked about industry-shattering event of the last year. Although the landscape has changed, DC's not done making news! Be a part of history as DC editor-in-chief Bob Harras, executive editor Eddie Berganza, and group editor Matt Idelson are joined by Brian Buccellato (Flash), Dustin Nguyen (Batman Beyond Unlimited), Scott Snyder (Batman), Ryan Sook (DC Universe Presents), and more of your favorite top-notch talent to discuss the books that are shaping the dawn of this new era! Room 204

3:00-4:00 DC Comics: All Access Special Edition
        — Don't miss this panel about the sure-to-be most talked about project of 2012! DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio, editor Will Dennis, and writers J. Michael Straczynski and Len Wein talk about this next game-changing event. No comics fan will want to miss this! Room 204

4:00-5:00 Coloring with Alex Sinclair
        — Spend an hour talking with comic book colorist Alex Sinclair. He will show a video demonstration of how he takes a page from start to finish as well as answer any questions you may have about the process, special effects, breaking in, tips and tricks, and, of course...COLOR! Room 210

5:00-6:00 DC Nation Special Video Presentation and Q&A
        — From the pages of DC Comics to the television screens of fans across the country comes DC Nation, a new one-hour exclusive kids programming block from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation, and DC Entertainment. DC Nation stars some of the most beloved and legendary heroes of the DC Universe, brought to life by some of the most talented directors, writers, and producers working in animation today. Anchored by Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice, DC Nation airs Saturdays 10:00-11:00 AM ET/PT. Fans attending the WonderCon 2012 DC Nation panel will be treated to exclusive video content filled with plenty of sneak peeks from the DC Nation block. In addition, an all-star panel featuring Young Justice producers Brandon Vietti (Batman Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles), Green Lantern: The Animated Series producers Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) and Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), and DC animated shorts producers Lauren Faust (The Powerpuff Girls, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic) and Ben Jones (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) will take the stage for a moderated Q&A. Learn more about DC Nation at www.dcnation.com. Room 204

Sunday (March 18th)

12:30-1:30 Spotlight on Jim Lee
        — DC's co-publisher and one of comics' hottest artists, Jim Lee takes the spotlight to talk about his art, DC's New 52, his role as the executive creative director for the DC Universe Online (DCUO) massively multiplayer action game, and anything else he wants to talk about. Room 213

1:00-2:00 Spotlight on Marv Wolfman
        — Writer/editor, Eisner Hall of Fame inductee, and WonderCon special guest Marv Wolfman talks about his 45-year career in comics, animation, novels, and videogame writing. He'll discuss his work, the companies he's worked for, and the many characters he's worked on. Marv will also answer all questions (well, maybe not all!) Room 203

1:30-2:30 How to Write Action for Kids' TV
        — Writing action for kids presents unique and exciting challenges. Dani Michaeli (The Aquabats Super Show!) moderates as the secrets and mysteries are explored by veteran writers Nicole Dubuc (Transformers: Prime), James Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series), Joelle Sellner (Teen Titans), Eugene Son (Iron Man: Armored Adventures), and Matt Wayne (Ben 10). Room 208

2:00-3:00 DCE: Meet the Publishers
        — As co-publishers of DC Entertainment, Jim Lee and Dan DiDio are the driving forces behind DC Comics -- The New 52, DC's digital initiative, and much more, as well as being the artist of Justice League and the writer of O.M.A.C.! This up-close-and-personal panel gives you a chance to step up and ask questions! Room 204

3:30-4:30 Art Masters: Drawing DC
        — What does it take to remake a universe? Immensely talented artists! DC Comics artists Mike Choi, Jim Lee, and Dustin Nguyen offer a unique peek into their visual approach in shaping DC Comics! Room 210

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaTate View Post
          Yeah! I'm going on the Saturday!

...and now I'm not. I'll be back in the UK. Oh well, have fun at the show!
          All My Links JustaLottaTanya.com - My Superhero Site

Comment

I think alot more people are going to go to Wondercon now. Since alot of people didn't get SDCC tickets, they'll probably just go Wondercon instead.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

^ I'm sure that will be the case. WonderCon is a pretty good show to attend.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

So, who will actually be attending WonderCon this year?
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I will be attending.

Comment

Are you attending all three days? If so, are you planning on driving back and forth or get a hotel room?

Are you going to mix in Disneyland as well?

Comment

As of now, I don't know if I will be going all three days I have the three day pass though. Just driving there once, I'll be staying at my uncle/aunties house who lives near the area. Yes I will mix in Disneyland as well.

Comment

I'm there on Friday. Planned to go the whole weekend but have a conflict on Saturday. If something was awesome I could go back early Sunday before I got to get to LAX and back up to Nor Cal. My whole family is down there so I'll be staying with them and driving their car.

Comment

On another note, any info on cool exclusives yet for WonderCon? Last year those Marvel X-Men SF Giants World Series comics were awesome! Also liked Graphitti Designs White Flash and Batman right? What's up with this year?

Comment

I've been periodically searching for any news on WonderCon exclusives, but only found the Yoda statue.

Comment

Ridley Scott to Debut Full Trailer for PROMETHEUS at Downtown Disney Followed by Q&A [UPDATED: WonderCon Panel Confirmed]

http://collider.com/ridley-scott-pro...ler-qa/150663/

We’ve only seen a teaser trailer and a handful of images from Ridley Scott’s sci-fi pic Prometheus thus far, but the film is rightfully one of the most anticipated of the year. As if Scott’s return to the sci-fi genre wasn’t enough, Prometheus is said to take place in the same universe as the director’s horror classic Alien. It was announced today that Scott himself will premiere the first full trailer for the film on March 17th at the AMC Downtown Disney in Anaheim, California, followed by a 30-minute Q&A with the director conducted by writer/producer Damon Lindelof. Hit the jump for more, including how you can stream the event live. [Update: 20th Century Fox has now confirmed that Scott and Lindelof will be onhand for a Prometheus panel at this year's WonderCon. Thanks to reader Steve for the heads up.]
                              It’s worth noting that Fox has a panel planned that Saturday at WonderCon (held in Anaheim, not far from Downtown Disney) that will include “some very special guests.” Given the just-announced trailer premiere, Prometheus will probably have some sort of presence at the convention though whether Scott, Lindelof, or both will show up is unknown. The panel takes place before the trailer event, so it’s possible they’ll be showing the trailer to the WonderCon audience.
                              For those of us unable to attend the AMC trailer event (which starts at 4pm PST/ 7pm EST), the whole thing will be available for live streaming through AMC, Facebook, and Twitter. The trailer will go online immediately following the event, and you can go over to AMC’s site right now to submit your questions for Scott.

Comment

That's cool, because they usually don't allow film footage presented at a Con to be viewed online. Doubtful, I'll be able to stream the event at the time as I'll be at 90th birthday party.

Comment

Working...
                                X