Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't find time to do last week's so I'll get back on track.

I don't own this actual issue sadly, but I have it reprinted a few times. I'm using my golden age vol 1 archives.

I actually DO own this issue, but I'm using my silver age archive for that as well. Classic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
      I actually DO own this issue, but I'm using my silver age archive for that as well. Classic stuff.
      Probably a good idea not to open the Silver-Age original when you don't have to.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post

I don't own this actual issue sadly, but I have it reprinted a few times. I'm using my golden age vol 1 archives.

"Power shall be yours if you have faith in yourself. Lose that faith and you lose the energetic power of the green lantern, for will power is the flame of the Green Lantern!"

Interesting things: the will power angle is not only here but central. Also, at first, Alan's ring was only invulnerable against metals. He did, however, in his very first appearance have the ability to pass through walls.

Comment

Dude, could I be you? I wish I owned those issues.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post

Comment

Anyone want to do the challenge again? Someone else is free to pick a random issue or two.

Comment

Re the staggered publication dates. You should never compete against yourself. DC is pretty bad about doing that. ** pointing toward Marvel** The competition is over there, DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              Re the staggered publication dates. You should never compete against yourself. DC is pretty bad about doing that. ** pointing toward Marvel** The competition is over there, DC.
              I'm guessing you clicked on the wrong link. And when I saw the thread was bumped I was all excited that somebody had set another reading challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                Ron "The Refrigerator" Marz. I remember calling him that during a flame war with the Kyle Trolls.
                Then it was announced that Hal and the Corps were coming back, the Kyle Trolls utterly melted down, and I posted this on the old DC Green Lantern board to rub it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTgx_pj6m8

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

"I'm supposed to be your girlfriend, not your mother."

So, I picked this one, where Donna dumps Kyle, because nearly 20 years later I still remember her being pissed when she brings John Stewart over to formally meet Kyle and "catches" him sketching a nude model neighbor. Hilarity ensues. Although that sparks the argument, the split is because she basically accuses him of being a man child and he resents her bringing up Alice and being too demanding. This is undoubtedly the perspective of someone who was already a die-hard Hal fan when Kyle first showed up, but this is how I think of Kyle, constantly balancing being a rookie GL with domestic angst and not necessarily well.
                  I know that this is a 5-year-old post, but since this thread has pulled a Green Lantern: Rebirth, I might as well respond. This issue is worthy of purchase just for the panel of John's reaction to seeing Kyle drawing Allison. It was priceless. He nervously excuses himself to let Donna and Kyle fight, then goes out into the hall and looks like he's seen a ghost. Good times.
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I kinda remember that. Gotta pull it again just to see that art.

The reader's challenge was fun, but we don't have enough activity here to restart it.

Comment

Working...
                    X