My Green Lantern Display and GL Creator Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Green Lantern Display and GL Creator Meetings

I finally have my Green Lantern display set up (mostly) after obtaining a 4th Detolf cabinet. I recently upgraded my collection after going to the Lexington Comic Con and meeting two of my favorite artists. Enjoy.

Blackest Night Busts with a Jim Lee thrown in for good measure. I still need to complete the set, but these are hard to find at reasonable prices now:

Sinestro Sideshow 1/4 statues and Emerald Knights statue:

The Hal Jordan 1/4 Sideshow statue that I reviewed here on the GLCMB on Christmas Eve:

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

1/2 Bust, Kotobukiya, and Icons statues:

Convention Exclusive Hals:

Life-sized Sideshow Hal bust:

The Corps United:

And another version:

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

The first Sideshow Hal statue, 1/6 figure, and a couple of busts:

1/4 & 1/6 movie bust collection:

14' movie statue:

URL=http://s421.photobucket.com/user/Venom49/media/20170304_091812_zps7fvcgddu.jpg.html][/URL]

Comment

Now for the recent additions. With trembling fanboy hands, I met the legendary Neal Adams and had him sign my John Stewart Retro Figure:

I then experienced the most star-struck moment of my life when I came face-to-face with the man who visually designed my favorite DC character, Kyle Rayner. Darryl asked me why I was shaking, as if it wasn't obvious, as I tried to unpack the items that I had brought with me for him to sign. I also bought three prints that he signed for a very reasonable price. A couple of frames and 5 Darryl Banks autographs later, and voila':

I have compared this experience to a hippie walking into a room where he suddenly meets the Beatles. Comic book writers and artists are "my" rock stars, and meeting Darryl was like standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Elvis.

Big Blue Lantern
        Corps Honor Guard
        Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 03-21-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

You are very lucky to have been able to meet big very very talented artists. You have a fantastic collection !

Comment

Originally posted by krona1968 View Post
            You are very lucky to have been able to meet big very very talented artists. You have a fantastic collection !
            Thank you, and I did indeed feel blessed to have met men with such rare talent. The ironic part of my conversations with them is that they both humbly insisted that the "real" stars of the Con were the plethora of TV and film stars. I respectfully disagreed.

Comment

I love this thread! Thanks for sharing pics of your GL shrine, I always enjoy peeking at other fans' collections. Very nice! I like the glass cabinets you have and the way you arranged what are some very nice pieces.

Not to mention rubbing shoulders with Neal Adams and Daryl Banks!

Comment

< link here

me after seeing your collection

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm so jelly

How come you don't have any power batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                    I love this thread! Thanks for sharing pics of your GL shrine, I always enjoy peeking at other fans' collections. Very nice! I like the glass cabinets you have and the way you arranged what are some very nice pieces.

Not to mention rubbing shoulders with Neal Adams and Daryl Banks!
                    Thanks, Dave. I knew you would appreciate it. Likewise, I always enjoy seeing other collections, even modest ones. I'm still getting the rest of my nerd cave sorted out, but the Detolf cabinets (retail around $200 at Ikea) have made for a classy display.

Also, Darryl friended me on Facebook later that night and was talking with me about the Con. I was literally jumping up and down, which amused my children to no end.

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    < link here

me after seeing your collection
                    I know the feeling quite well. When I hear Dave talking about his copy of Showcase #22 or see comic book fans with 50 Hot Toys, I drool.

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                    I'm so jelly

How come you don't have any power batteries?
                    I have a movie toy battery in there, but I've just never lucked into a 1:1 at an affordable price. Many of these pieces are trades or gifts because working in the human services field doesn't usually equate with a bulging wallet.
                    Big Blue Lantern
                    Corps Honor Guard
                    Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 03-25-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post

I know the feeling quite well. When I hear Dave talking about his copy of Showcase #22 or see comic book fans with 50 Hot Toys, I drool.
                      Thank God I picked the last few issues up like 15 years ago because I wouldn't be able to get them now. Some of the key GL issues go for ridiculous amounts now. The only things I'm missing now are GL issues from November 2016 on up.

Looking at your pics again makes me regret not picking up those two Hal busts. They are quite nice.

Comment

. . . The only things I'm missing now are GL issues from November 2016 on up...
                        So, in other words, you have a nearly complete GL collection? You're like one of those guys who goes for a master's degree and drops out three credits short.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          So, in other words, you have a nearly complete GL collection? You're like one of those guys who goes for a master's degree and drops out three credits short.

Comment

Dude your Hal Jordan collection is amazing!
                            I'm really jealous of all your sideshow collectibles GL stuff. I hope to get them all someday but so far I just have the sixth scale figure.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

I often make that face when walking into a comic book shop or toy store. I tell myself that I don't need the next Hot Toy or TPB. Then I actually see it and my resolve is popped like a balloon stuck by a needle.

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                              Dude your Hal Jordan collection is amazing!
                              I'm really jealous of all your sideshow collectibles GL stuff. I hope to get them all someday but so far I just have the sixth scale figure.

You've got a nice collection as well. I really like that hat. I've tried to find a GL cap to actually wear, but I've got a head like Gorilla Grodd (hands and feet as well), so even adjustable ones often don't fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X