Hal Jordan's new look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sundrop View Post
    After Ch'p, they'll add Medphyll, Brik, and... Jade?

Actually the renegade/Starlord thing hasn't really been done before with Hal, or has it? If so, props for coming up with something new.
    Oh my gawd they could almost completley copy it couldn't they!

I think Guy was kinda doing the Renegade GL thing,so it would have seemed silly to have Hal doing it to back in the day.
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

After Ch'p, they'll add Medphyll, Brik, and... Jade?

Actually the renegade/Starlord thing hasn't really been done before with Hal, or has it? If so, props for coming up with something new.
      Holy crap! You might be onto something!

Somebody photoshop this!

Comment

Haha! I only said Jade because she's green and so is Gamora. But there must be a better fit, personality-wise and style-wise, I just can't think of one. Some girl more "macho" if you take my drift. Woulda said Lyssa Drak, but she's not a GL. Arisia... not rugged enough. Who?

And yeah, the thought definitely crossed my mind about Guy being renegade in Vol2/3. That was epic. There weren't any Guardians at the time tho. We'll see if Hal's run is epic or not...

Comment

Haha! I only said Jade because she's green and so is Gamora. But there must be a better fit, personality-wise and style-wise, I just can't think of one. Some girl more "macho" if you take my drift. Woulda said Lyssa Drak, but she's not a GL. Arisia... not rugged enough. Who?
          I'd say Laira, if being dead isn't a problem.

Comment

What about the leftover clones/duplicates from Convergence? Are they going to join Hal & his starship?

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
              I suppose it will depend on how many "Green Lantern Power Gloves" they sell at Walmart... (although now that I've said it... I want one!! )
              I hate that you even suggested that....although not nearly as much as I hate myself for knowing that I'd snatch the first two that I saw to have one for my display and one to play with when no one else is around.

Why did you illuminate yet another level of my geekiness, Kane, why?
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                I'd say Laira, if being dead isn't a problem.
                Since when has being dead ever been a problem in the DCU?

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                  I suppose it will depend on how many "Green Lantern Power Gloves" they sell at Walmart... (although now that I've said it... I want one!! )
                  Being a child of the Nintedo age,trust me when I tell you there is nothing good about power gloves.
                  Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Didn't mind the hood, Kinda liked it. Should have go for Black and Green in terms of color.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

I like it, but if issue #41 is any sort of preview of what the rest of this new status for Hal will be.... he either needs to keep the mask on full time when outside of his ship or leave it off. Everybody seemed to know of Hal Jordan by name and appearance anyway so it's pointless.

I think the hood is just there because a helmet would be a little too Starlord like...

~KL~

Comment

Yeah, he should drop the mask til he gets back to Earth.

Comment

Drop the mask. Keep the long hair. After all, he can't make visits to his favorite interstellar salon while he's "on the run" from a Corps that appears not to be chasing him with great enthusiasm. (If they can track the rings, why not the gauntlet?) I can excuse Tan's art for now by telling myself "he used the gauntlet to disguise his appearance..."

Robe with hood may also be a nod to a Jedi look. He should look scruffy. Like a nerf-herder.

Sidekicks? Let's start with a bad-ass computer (more about this on the issue thread).

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
                            . . . (If they can track the rings, why not the gauntlet?) . . .
                            Well, that was part of the reason for him taking it. My guess would be that being a prototype it's not "networked."

Comment

I went back to look at the first few appearances of the gauntlet but let my nephew take care of over half my collection. Seeing as how the entire planet of Mogo is gone along with the CPB, the gauntlet not being on the network makes the most sense. With the backpack acting as it's battery, it more than likely taps into the spectrum of it's own volition. The backpack, if you think about it, came before personal power batteries and the CPB both. It should very much be a prototype for the CPB as well as the personal batteries of the Corps.

I'm more into this Starlord knockoff Hal than I am dead/WL Kyle. Never in a million years thought I'd like Hal over Kyle...

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                              X