Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First appearance of Mogo in 1963, in GL #24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
    Mogo has enough of a task being a "career counselor".
    Which, in turn, is a retcon in itself ("Mogo doesn't socialize").

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
      Which, in turn, is a retcon in itself ("Mogo doesn't socialize").
      Well, to be fair, other than the name of that story, what evidence do we have that he wasn't sociable? I mean, the story itself doesn't give much evidence. All he does is fail to respond to a stupid loser looking for a fight. That doesn't exactly say that he isn't social. Does Tomar Re actually say that Mogo doesn't want to socialize, or is it just a sort of, "Well, he's a planet so you can't exactly have him over for tea" kind of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Does Tomar Re actually say that Mogo doesn't want to socialize, or is it just a sort of, "Well, he's a planet so you can't exactly have him over for tea" kind of thing?
        Good question, I was wondering the same thing..

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
          What if Bzzzzd found this female planet that isnt Mogo and proceeded to hook Mogo up. I would love to see two sentient planets "DOING IT" in a comic then perhaps have a baby planet pop out !
          this would be interesting ... two planets moving out of their normal orbits would cause quite a stir to nearby planets ... mogo and the missus may even cause a black hole or two to form ... two planets "doing it" may turn the tide *pun intended* on nearby watery worlds too ...

Comment

Originally posted by bobservations View Post
            this would be interesting ... two planets moving out of their normal orbits would cause quite a stir to nearby planets ... mogo and the missus may even cause a black hole or two to form ... two planets "doing it" may turn the tide *pun intended* on nearby watery worlds too ...
            well two galaxies appeared to be "doing it" in the JLA/Avengers mini
            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

lol

Comment

If you mean Eternity and Kismet; they aren't galaxys. They are manifestations of their respective universes... and they wern't "doing it", they were just 'dry humping' if anything... can you imagine what Kismet might catch from the manifestation of the Marvel Universe?

Comment

I tend to think Mogo's suddenly increased importance to the Corps was just a way to make the various elements of Alan Moore's prophecy have more importance and to give the Sinestro War an "important" battlefront in attacking Mogo. Same with Yat becoming Ion now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                    I tend to think Mogo's suddenly increased importance to the Corps was just a way to make the various elements of Alan Moore's prophecy have more importance and to give the Sinestro War an "important" battlefront in attacking Mogo. Same with Yat becoming Ion now.
                    Possibly.

Comment

Possibly?!

Comment

That might be the longest span of time I've ever seen for a retort.

Comment

I thought the idea behind Mogo doesn't Socialize was that if Mogo got to close to Oa he would upset the gravitational field. On a side note Moose had mentioned awhile back that he had a story about a Mogo family reunion. Because why just have one sentient planet?
                          http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                          http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                          Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                          I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Originally posted by Gl Josh View Post
                            I thought the idea behind Mogo doesn't Socialize was that if Mogo got to close to Oa he would upset the gravitational field. On a side note Moose had mentioned awhile back that he had a story about a Mogo family reunion. Because why just have one sentient planet?
                            Maybe that is some way the Corps could get a replacement for Mogo.

Also I remember reading a while ago that they said they had Green Lanterns bigger than Mogo. I mean I'd love to see what Sentient thing the GLC has that's bigger than a planet.
                            No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

lets not forget, mogo is dead by The Legion of Three Worlds story arc of Final Crisis. so this could be DC's way of explaining that

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                                Also I remember reading a while ago that they said they had Green Lanterns bigger than Mogo. I mean I'd love to see what Sentient thing the GLC has that's bigger than a planet.
                                Were there actually other planets bigger than Mogo? That would be interesting to know.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

Working...
                                X