Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys summed up my feelings, too. Yeah, the movie sucked, but I still enjoy it. At the end of the day, that's really all that matters, right?

I actually found it hilarious that so many bloggers and news sites were claiming "Worst superhero movie ever!" last summer, as if they had collective amnesia.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
      I actually found it hilarious that so many bloggers and news sites were claiming "Worst superhero movie ever!" last summer, as if they had collective amnesia.
      This was the thing that got me too, all of the sudden, everyone forgot about movies like Steel, and Catwoman >_<

Comment

• I watched it a couple of nights ago with my son and got about halfway through it before he conked out on me. It was just then getting back to Earth when the movie starts to fall apart so I took it out.

So many great things about the movie, but they just couldn't pull it together. Not a terrible movie though.

Comment

• Another big problem I have with the movie is when Hal first gets his costume and meets Tomar-Re. His working knowledge base kicks in and thoughts automatically come to him, but then he starts asking all sorts of questions that he should already know considering his working knowledge base is functioning. He asks what the central battery is and what's with all the green. I mean damn, the script couldn't stay consistent even for a few seconds? I can't believe I keep finding out more stupid stuff about this movie. What a terrible piece of garbage.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• did no one see these

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
            i just want to say

SUCK IT HATERS!

a friend of mine at work the other day (i friend that doesn't like comics or understands why i like them) pulled me off to the side and asked me if i've heard anything on GL2, i sadly had to say no but when i asked him why he would ask me that he said i seen the GL movie the other day and really like it and cause he knew i like GL i'd more then anyone else would know if another movie was in the works
            a non-comic fan liked the movie so must he's looking forward to a 2nd one

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Maybe their first child will be called Sequel.

Best wishes, you two. Now let's fly some planes.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

• To trail off what IonFan said, I too recently had an interesting experience with a random person in a super market. He was ringing me up and noticed my GL shirt, he started talking about the fact that he'd always though GL was kind of goofy and cheesy, but that he loved the move and was really blown away by how they presented everything. I was kind of surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                  he started talking about the fact that he'd always though GL was kind of goofy and cheesy...
                  You know, I think alot of people had that thought of Green Lantern. I know I did when I was a kid because my only experience with the character was on The Super Friends where he just made giant fly swatters or fists. I think that's why the initial script was written as a comedy for Jack Black.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo
                    It was originally written that way because WB is a studio full of fuck-ing morons who couldn't see a good script if it hit them on the head.
                    It's a good thing they didn't just produce 3 great Batman movies. Otherwise that statement would seem a bit shortsighted

Comment

• Also why they're the biggest studio and the studio with the most Academy Awards, and the most respected studio.

Comment

• Okay their not a bad studio.

I just don't think they get comic book movies very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                          You know, I think alot of people had that thought of Green Lantern. I know I did when I was a kid because my only experience with the character was on The Super Friends where he just made giant fly swatters or fists. I think that's why the initial script was written as a comedy for Jack Black.
                          Funny; I first saw GL/Hal in Superfriends as well but had the exact opposite reaction. Maybe it was an imagined thing but when I heard he could do "anything" with his ring I immediately thought "this is the best super hero ever!" From there, I got into the comics.

Comment

• Green Lantern has always been kind of perceived as being sort of a childish concept. I mean in Roger Ebert's review he points out how silly the concept of will conquering over fear really is.

It's only in recent years that the franchise has been seen as being more serious (thanks in part to Geoff Johns, although the movie took it back to the basics).

It doesn't help that Julie Schwartz believed that comics were for kids and they shouldn't have complicated characteristics (one of the reasons why Marvel got better sales than DC during the 60's).

Comment

• I don't get that. I mean, will is pretty much what conquers fear. If you're gripped by fear and you're able to overcome that, it's will power.

Comment

• Or hope.
                                The last fan of 1990s comics
                                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Working...
                                X