• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

....gomen nasai, Im mistaken.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

best thing about this eps was Harry coming back

Barry wouldve skidded past that truck off-loading the marbles, not almost dead-stop right in front of it.

cant Barry just fix the house, pipes and all, for nothing?

isnt Blue Valley where Max Mercury lives?

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Barry is fast, but that doesn't mean he's got plumbing or carpentry skills. If we assume that he can just read a book real fast and get those skills, then we have to ask why he isn't just an expert in everything.

Comment

• I'm kind of glad Wally is leaving. Two speedsters on the team is redundant and they always make him look like a weaker, lesser sidekick anyway, especially when it comes to stopping metas. Perhaps he'll end up in LoT. He would be a better fit on that team.

Comment

• What made me cringe most about the last episode is that ONCE AGAIN, we are going to have a season where the driving force of the ongoing plot is that there's some problem Barry and his pals CAUSED that they have to work to fix. I'm a bit tired of the underlying motivation of guilt for Flash.

Comment

• I stopped after the season premiere. The writing is just so bad on the show. I mean, it always HAS been, but it's just worn me out. I have been recording the show to watch with my son, and he walked out of the room 15 minutes before the end, bored. I figured, if he isn't up for it, I'm not sitting through this dreck alone. Haven't watched it since.

Comment

• Yo.

Machete? FUCKING WIN!!

making Sisko piss his pants over Machete? lame. Im tired of him choosing flight over fight since he has powers..... :/

Im SOOOOOOO not a fan of them giving Ralph a shitty backstory, but the nose wiggle was a nice touch

WHY DA FUCK DOES BARRY ALWAYS NEED TO SOLICIT HELP FROM OTHERS BY REVEALING HIS IDENTITY!?!??

they got "Cynthia" right, but "Josh" wrong; I wonder if they just didnt bother after *whoever* looked up Gypsy's name?.

wow, so Ralph has stretching AND super-strength....or atleast, logic-negation powers?? :/

why didnt Barry capture those 2 enforcers after him & Joe picked up Ralph?

lastly, I thought the cigar scene was pretty well done....

Tazer

Comment

• I thought it was cool to acknowledge that Marvel Comics exists in the CW DCTV Universe when one of the characters referenced that Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost is like the Incredible Hulk.
                  Darth_Primus
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Darth_Primus; 11-20-2017, 08:26 PM.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• And getting out of the current cement mixer would be a breeze for Ralph Dibney, if Ralph were being written like he really was Ralph. The murder weapon could NOT have been wielded by Barry Allen. Sure, his fingerprints were all over it. He picked it up with his right hand. His thumb was toward the blade. To plunge it into the bad guy's chest, he would have to have held it with his thumb AWAY from the blade. Grasped. With leverage. A twelve year old could be writing this plot line. Any competent CSI would have seen that in a second. He's got to be in his dad's prison cell for a reason. Only a GL can rescue him now.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
                      And getting out of the current cement mixer would be a breeze for Ralph Dibney, if Ralph were being written like he really was Ralph. The murder weapon could NOT have been wielded by Barry Allen. Sure, his fingerprints were all over it. He picked it up with his right hand. His thumb was toward the blade. To plunge it into the bad guy's chest, he would have to have held it with his thumb AWAY from the blade. Grasped. With leverage. A twelve year old could be writing this plot line. Any competent CSI would have seen that in a second. He's got to be in his dad's prison cell for a reason. Only a GL can rescue him now.
                      I kept waiting for somebody to point out that Barry had no injuries of any kind that would explain the DNA under the victim's fingernails. You don't get measurable DNA under your nails from just patting somebody on the back, you need to actually scratch them hard enough to make a mark, surely?

It seems like Barry, as a CSI, should have had the expertise to at least cast a bit of doubt on the forensic evidence, since we know it WAS planted. It almost seems like Barry just gave up, figuring that DeVoe was just too smart for him.

Also lacking from the prosecution's case was any hint of a real motive. Sloppy.

Comment

• I was just about to say that the prosecution's case didn't reveal any motive for the murder. Also the defense didn't try and destroy the credibility of any of the witnesses or even offer an alternative suspect. Anyway, it was just a means to an end to where Barry would end up in jail.

In thinking that, being in prison technically wouldn't prevent Barry from fighting crime as he could easily vibrate in and out of prison at will.

At least Barry is fighting a speedster this season.

Happy Joe didn't do something stupid, too bad his daughter isn't that smart.
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Heck, from what we SAW of the trial, Barry's defense lawyer did such a bad job that I'd expect it to hurt her standing professionally.

(For that matter, isn't she the DA of Central City? Does the DA even DO criminal defense? Wouldn't it at least raise eyebrows to have her in that role?)

Doing a quick Google search, I've found people pointing out SO MANY problems with the trial. Like why didn't anybody determine the time of death, thus giving Barry an alibi since he was with a bunch of other people at that time? Where was DeVoe's wheelchair, if he had really gone to Barry's apartment on his own initiative? Also, Cecile could well have moved for a mistrial based on the judge demonstrating pre-judgment by telling Barry to "be there for the sentencing" when there hadn't even been a verdict yet.
                          Mister Ed
                          Horse of a Different Color
                          Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-17-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• The trial was ridiculously rushed and all over the place. Cecile seemed like the worst defense attorney of all time. She didn't even provide a statement of Barry's character or call character witnesses; during the whole trial, she looked incompetent and completely unprepared. I would guess that the trial was seriously edited for time as Barry probably won't be locked up for more than two episodes anyway.

The best part of this episode was Ralph using reverse-psychology when Joe was thinking of planting evidence.

Comment

• They almost would have been better off not showing the trial at all (or showing it as a montage with little detail) because what we got was so stupid it made Central City's justice system look like a joke. No point in showing us how he was convicted if it is going to be that slapdash.

Or better yet, they should have shown Cecile mounting an effective defense, but have him be convicted anyway in a twist, because DeVoe had found a way, using his towering intellect, to ensure the verdict he wanted no matter what happened at trial. (Something like "Sherlock" did with Moriarty's trial, if you've watched that show.) As it stands, it looks like DeVoe isn't particularly clever, just lucky that everybody else is behaving so stupidly.
                              Mister Ed
                              Horse of a Different Color
                              Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-18-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Wow, maybe I ought to start watching this.

But I saw a pic of the Elongated Man and he looks like he's about 12, so...

Comment

Working...
                                X