CW's The Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    Besides, almost every time travel story has the results of time travel effect the time traveler differently than everybody else. They even mentioned that at some point, IIRC. So that doesn't bother me much. I'm more bothered by the fact that they apply whatever rules they've made up for time travel so inconsistently (i.e. Thawne disappears almost immediately when Eddie kills himself, but Savitar takes forever).
    Well, they established that "the more you time travel, the less the rules apply to you." And, the rules they've applied are sketchy and horribly inconsistent at best. The most ridiculous being that if Barry forgets certain events, Savitar no longer retains said memories, therefore causing Wally to lose his speed.

Think about how silly that sounds- like if Flash punched someone in the face and then forgot about it, that event never happened. If that were the case, all the lives that Wally saved along the way as a speedster would fade out of existence when Flash forgot... AND Wally has saved Flash's bacon on a few occasions. Doesn't that mean Flash should cease to exist? Then, when Barry remembers and the lives are restored, everything returns to that status quo? Time would collapse upon itself or worlds would merge... or the dead would rise like in Blackest Night.

This show is a mess, but I can't stop watching it.

Comment

• I just hope that the upshot of all this is to get Barry to lay off the time travel. Because the way these shows handle time travel is the stupidest part of them, IMHO. If they'd just stop doing that, I'd be rolling my eyes a lot less, that's for sure.

Comment

• One thing I thought was really dumb is that they had HR reveal Iris' location to Savitar directly, then had everybody telling him it wasn't his fault, since ANYBODY could've been fooled by Savitar in that fashion.

In fact, it totally WAS his fault, since they already established that the REAL Barry shouldn't know where Iris was, since Savitar knows what Barry knows, so he shouldn't have told him even if it WASN'T Savitar pretending to be Barry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post

This show is a mess, but I can't stop watching it.
          That's exactly how I feel!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            One thing I thought was really dumb is that they had HR reveal Iris' location to Savitar directly, then had everybody telling him it wasn't his fault, since ANYBODY could've been fooled by Savitar in that fashion.

In fact, it totally WAS his fault, since they already established that the REAL Barry shouldn't know where Iris was, since Savitar knows what Barry knows, so he shouldn't have told him even if it WASN'T Savitar pretending to be Barry.
            what they should of done was have Cisco, AND ONLY CISCO, take Iris and move between Earths til the day and time she was gonna die had come and gone, to stay ahead of a speedster you need to be moving at all times and going to other Earths helps even more

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
              what they should of done was have Cisco, AND ONLY CISCO, take Iris and move between Earths til the day and time she was gonna die had come and gone, to stay ahead of a speedster you need to be moving at all times and going to other Earths helps even more
              You should've been a part of 'Team Flash'. That makes a lot more sense than letting HR sacrifice himself.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                One thing I thought was really dumb is that they had HR reveal Iris' location to Savitar directly, then had everybody telling him it wasn't his fault, since ANYBODY could've been fooled by Savitar in that fashion.

..........H.R. 4 LYFE!!

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• WALLY IS THE FLASH IN SEASON 3!

When he's in all red he should have the opened cowl. Can't wait for this...!

~//V\\~

Comment

• Yo.

http://tvline.com/2017/07/31/the-fla...ibny-season-4/

The Flash Season 4: Hartley Sawyer to Play Stretchy Superhero Elongated Man

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• My guess would be that Ralph Dibny won't have his powers when he appears on the show and it will be a few episodes before he gets them.

It will be interesting on the special effects when Dibny gets his powers; whether it looks cheesy or not.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I liked the premiere, though how much I continue to like it will depend on whether all the mysterious junk that happened gets a good explanation down the line. I'm really hoping that this season will take a break from the time travel stuff.

Comment

• Yo.

I think Barry should change his name to "The Streak"......

Tazer

Comment

• Iris standing directly in front of and talking to a crazy, speed-forced Barry did nothing, but it took Joe saying, "Iris is in trouble" for Barry to snap out of it? *scratches head* The less you think about things on this show, the better off you are.

I'm just glad there are no speedster villains this season, and hopefully, a moratorium on time travel. I hope they address how Caitlin regained control of her abilities without an amulet. Looks like she made some kind of deal with the Thinker. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be like the last baddie.

Comment

• Yo.

wow, who knew that fragments of a grenades metal shell were the only thing ya had to worry about when it explodes 5ft from yur position..... :/

also, how'd Barry not know that Kwon had left an attempted murder scene?

loved the Ollie -mention

thnx to that 2nd couples therapy session, Iris goes right back towards being the most annoying gf on tv......ever; that aside, claiming that shes also the Flash, along w/Barry, becuz "she put on that ring" is horrible writing & gives her a COMPLETELY AWFUL sense of entitlement.

lastly, am VERY disappointed in that they apparently took the "extraterrestrial-ness" out of Kilg%res origin, and decided to make the Turtle into some kind of low-rent Metron; this is gonna bug me all season, I just know it.
                              :/

Tazer

Comment

• The Turtle? I thought it was The Thinker.

Comment

Working...
                                X