No announcement yet.

GLC: the Brightest / Power of Ion Rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very intriguing chapter (again)! Kyle adds more memories from his pre-Flashpoint past to those he already has and tries to cope with them. Where are they going to lead him? And at the same time, Kyle confronts the Tattooed Man who, as far as I remember, hasn´t met him before. Not sure where you want to go with this subplot or who’s that biker with green eyes, but it seems interesting to me.

Comment

Like I mentioned, a lot of this will mirror some of Kyle's earlier adventures. However I am using the new universe concept to tweak a character here and there. The newer Tattooed Man I used cause I love the character and I needed somebody a little more well known to introduce the bikers and their boss. I figured the Sons of Neron biker jacket would make it obvious Neron will return [he was the big bad in the Underworld Unleashed crossover] but to a much smaller extent since he'll be creating villains here and there. This one in particular [the biker with the glowing green eyes] will be a new iteration of Purgatory. Who in my head was like a prototype to Kyle's later arch-enemy Effigy.

I don't wanna give too much away but I'll be getting into which one of Kyle's women will die, his new apartment, more interaction with a couple of Titans sprinkled in here and there. If you like ANYTHING from Kyle's earliest adventures, chances are you'll see a lot of the cues I'm taking from that.

And while I never cared for the villain before, Cliff Zmeck [aka Major Force] will make himself known soon. You can scroll up for the redesign I'm working with for him. His alien metal skin was more of an accident than on purpose and he is not at his usual power levels. He still uses standard military grade weaponry as well. I'm just gonna call him Major Zmeck till I come up with a better name. Wondering if I should go the old Geoff approach and make a new villain for every two I use or reimagine...

~//V\\~
      Ωmega Man
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Ωmega Man; 08-12-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

i like where this is going, love the new symbol and look, never was a fan of the Tattooed Man (was always to small-time for my taste) but that's just me, and even though i loved Kyle and Jade together (even if she turned into a real b!tch in the end ) Donna was always good to Kyle (even if it got alittle crazy in the end )

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'll have some more early designs of enemies I've tweaked for this series posted soon.

~//V\\~

Comment

Scroll up for the Purgatory redesign!

I've got a few redesigns of some smaller side characters in future stories but I don't wanna give anything away. Things will continue to mirror part of Kyle's earlier career pre-New52/Rebirth.

~//V\\~
            Ωmega Man
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Ωmega Man; 08-12-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I'll have another post/chapter within the next few days or so for this one. Things are a little hectic at home with me needing another new job but I've already got ideas on how to move both this and Legion Rising forward. Since I used Ohm and Tattooed man already, though I'm already building up Purgatory, I think I *will* use a more original character as a villain this time around. And it might be another situation where Kyle isn't gonna get a clean victory.

Good guys don't always win, that's a real world element I think needs to be used in comics again. Too often the hero just beats the badguy and then that's that. Half the time that villain [they spent all that time making a menace] is forgotten about as quickly as he/she/it hit the scene. I would love it if Conduit [from around the Death/Return of Superman era] came back, but I doubt we'll ever even see Ulysses again and he was a more recent character.

~//V\\~

Comment

lol d@mn looks like he's powering up to go all kamehameha on some poor fool

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I didn't realize it'd been so long since I posted another chapter! I've got the plot points to hit listed and about a quarter of the next chapter written. I'm gonna shift focus back to this one since nobody's responding to the Legion fanfic.

~//V\\~

Comment

Just got done resaving all of the images related to the thread again since now the hotlinking limit for photobucket is around 40-45 pics.

I'm in the middle of moving but once I get settled back in I'll get the next chapter in the can.

~//V\\~

Comment

Working...
                    X