Creed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
    Maybe alzheimers or something that furthers the brain trauma storyline.
    i believe the last film erased that if im not mistaken. if i remember correctly in the training scene it was stated he has like arthrites and other stuff wich is why they had to go a different route

also i thought apollo just had 2 girls? because when you watch rocky 2 when he says my daughters get teased because i lost when he wanted to face rocky again.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      i believe the last film erased that if im not mistaken. if i remember correctly in the training scene it was stated he has like arthrites and other stuff wich is why they had to go a different route

also i thought apollo just had 2 girls? because when you watch rocky 2 when he says my daughters get teased because i lost when he wanted to face rocky again.
      Based on the description of this film, this son wasn't born yet when he died. So if Apollo is talking about his kids, he couldn't possibly mention this one, since he never saw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Based on the description of this film, this son wasn't born yet when he died. So if Apollo is talking about his kids, he couldn't possibly mention this one, since he never saw him.
        well im hyped so i just hope this wont be rocky 5 all over again ( shudders)

im also excited for southpaw with Jake Gyllenhaal

Jake Gyllenhaal in movie

synopsis

A boxer fights his way to the top, only to find his life falling apart around him.
        TazzMission
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by TazzMission; 02-27-2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Rocky IV is my favorite as it's very comic book like. I love the soundtrack for the film as well.

My brother and I love to quote from this film, "If he dies, he dies."

"I must break you."
          "Go for it!"

I know Sylent like to quote part of this in high school, "It's time to go to school!"

And then Sylent would make punching sound effects and do his Apollo impersonation as say, "SCHOOL'S OUT! SCHOOL'S OUT!" as Apollo was getting his ass handed to him by Drago.

Darth_Primus
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Darth_Primus; 02-27-2015, 06:12 PM.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I understand the attitude that #1 is the only really good FILM of the series, but if you watch #4 and don't have fun, there's something wrong with you.

Comment

When I was a kid I was fucking furious when Drago killed Apollo. They totally worked me because I WANTED Rocky to get revenge on Drago and all of the Soviet Union.

Now it doesn't hold up for me. It's just so over the top and goofy. Same with 3. But at least with those two films they are entertaining. I really can't stand part 5. 1, 2 and 6 are still legitimately good (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                When I was a kid I was fucking furious when Drago killed Apollo. They totally worked me because I WANTED Rocky to get revenge on Drago and all of the Soviet Union.

Now it doesn't hold up for me. It's just so over the top and goofy. Same with 3. But at least with those two films they are entertaining. I really can't stand part 5. 1, 2 and 6 are still legitimately good (IMO).
                same. 1 2 and 6 are the best. i mean 3 and 4 are ok but it just dosent compare to those 3

Comment

The death of characters throughout the series ended up hurting it I think. I know they used the deaths to fuel the stories and all that, and there may be reasons why the actors didn't come back, but I think the chemistry changed for all of those actors and characters. The movies weren't just about Rocky, the supporting cast was great too with Apollo, Adrian, Mickey and Paulie. It amazes me that Rocky 6 was as good as it was considering they had to pull a supporting cast out of their ass.

Comment

The death of characters throughout the series ended up hurting it I think. I know they used the deaths to fuel the stories and all that, and there may be reasons why the actors didn't come back, but I think the chemistry changed for all of those actors and characters. The movies weren't just about Rocky, the supporting cast was great too with Apollo, Adrian, Mickey and Paulie. It amazes me that Rocky 6 was as good as it was considering they had to pull a supporting cast out of their ass.
                    That said, I really WANT Creed to be great. I just rewatched Cinderella Man again this week and would love to see Creed have a more realistic feel like Howard's film had.

Comment

i thought him vanishing at the end of the last one was to show that he died during or sometime after the fight?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

No. It was just their way of saying goodbye to the audience because it was supposed to be the last movie.

Comment

...It amazes me that Rocky 6 was as good as it was considering they had to pull a supporting cast out of their ass.
                          Indeed. I went into that movie ready to hate it and just didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                            It amazes me that Rocky 6 was as good as it was considering they had to pull a supporting cast out of their ass.
                            They didn't really have to. There was no reason Stallone couldn't have brought back Adrian (the years leading up to that, Talia Shire would always say she was 100% willing)... but I think we all know the real reason he didn't.

Also he could've beefed up Duke's part. As is, he just pops in when the training montage starts and then again during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                              They didn't really have to. There was no reason Stallone couldn't have brought back Adrian (the years leading up to that, Talia Shire would always say she was 100% willing)... but I think we all know the real reason he didn't.

Also he could've beefed up Duke's part. As is, he just pops in when the training montage starts and then again during the fight.
                              Shire said she didn't mind that they killed off Adrian when she heard what Stallone was doing. You could say she was being kind, but she didn't have to make any comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X