No announcement yet.

Geoff Johns leaves JSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Geoff is officially leaving Action as well, is the word? Maybe I'm wrong, but seemed like it was kind of a short run.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
      So Geoff is officially leaving Action as well, is the word? Maybe I'm wrong, but seemed like it was kind of a short run.
      He's leaving to do the Superman: Secret Origin mini-series. The sense I'm getting from the interviews is that he'll be coming back afterwards, as the mini-series apparently sets up stuff that will play into the Superman titles in 2010.

Comment

I'm dropping JSA not just because Geoff is leaving but partly. He really brought me into a book I didn't really care for. After reading his work on Green Lantern and 52, I wanted to read more. So I got JSA, then I trusted him enough to start reading Booster. Then I did the same with Action Comics.

I was never interested in Booster before and so after he left, I dropped that. So I'll be doing the same when he's done with JSA and Action, if only for the reason he won't be writing and the fact that I have too many books on my list right now, and with the news of price going up from $2.99 to $3.99. I'm gonna have to drop a few titles. Besides I'll be replacing JSA and Action with Flash and Superman so, I kinda have to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
          Fanboy status aside, I'd still give it Morrison, I just think he would be beyond perfect for Aquaman's return. If not Morrison, I'd give it to Mark Waid. I really want to see Ivan Reis on Aquaman, I think that would look amazing.
          you still trust mark waid after the shit job he has done on wally's current run? or ......... BirthRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!??????? or THE Kingdom????

Comment

as for me I started to pull jsa because johns was writing and thy kingdom come arc and I was gonna drop it after the next issue, so I think I'll wait until issue 26 and drop.

after he managed to make me like booster gold, I wanted to read more that he has been doing but JSA imho has been all over the place and I think its because of the amount of characters involved

Comment

I would like to see this comic become more retro now. Make it as much like the original JSA as you can while still appealing to the modern market.

Comment

Man, it's gonna be so hard to see Geoof leave JSA. He's been with the book since a few issues into the last series, and it was always a very strong book. For a JSA fan, times have been tough over the years. Geoff brought JSA up to a level that made DC realize there was a place for it in mainstream comics. I just hope the book continues to be as strong and DC stays firm behind it.

As for the next writer, my money's on Gail Simmone.

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                  you still trust mark waid after the shit job he has done on wally's current run? or ......... BirthRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!??????? or THE Kingdom????
                  Birthright happens to be my favorite Superman story of all-time at present. And as for his lackluster return to the Flash, I still wonder how much of that was editorial mandate...

Comment

Good riddance to bad garbage. Toodles, Geoff.

Comment

Wow. Harsh. Especially since this title has been so good.

Comment

BRUCE TIMM.
                        Seriously? Timm never wrote Aquaman, he wrote a blond haired Namor. Everything that is JLU Aquaman is Namor down to the very last characterization.

Comment

Working...
                        X