An Earth 1 Alan Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
    Ed, you're not supposed to be able to figure out how stories turns out. That's how stories work. Don't worry about Jim Corrigan. If you were paying attention, you'd have seen a clue in one of the longlines I wrote for a future story in The Flame.

JEZUS!
    See, I didn't say anything about wanting to know how the story will turn out from the beginning. That seems like a straw man you've concocted to dismiss the opinion of somebody that isn't as enthusiastic about your vision as you are.

All I'm saying is that you have to do more to try to grab readers going in, and not insist that they stick with you (an unknown writer) and just trust that stories WILL get more interesting, or that horrible stuff that you started with out of the gate will somehow get mitigated or undone. As an unknown writer, you haven't done anything to merit that level of trust, and your initial treatement of the character of Corrigan in fact works to convince fans of that character NOT to trust you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      See, I didn't say anything about wanting to know how the story will turn out from the beginning. That seems like a straw man you've concocted to dismiss the opinion of somebody that isn't as enthusiastic about your vision as you are.

All I'm saying is that you have to do more to try to grab readers going in, and not insist that they stick with you (an unknown writer) and just trust that stories WILL get more interesting, or that horrible stuff that you started with out of the gate will somehow get mitigated or undone. As an unknown writer, you haven't done anything to merit that level of trust, and your initial treatement of the character of Corrigan in fact works to convince fans of that character NOT to trust you.
      Ed... my initial treatment?

If I were allowed to write one non-GL title at DC, my choice would be The Spectre starring Jim Corrigan. That's why I used him right away. I'm telling you -- relax about him. The fact that you're baffled about how I'll do this is a good thing, not a bad one.

And don't assume that Hal will be the titular character in Green Lantern. Maybe he will be and maybe he won't.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-01-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I will tell you though that Jim wasn't being controlled by one of Geoff's mind-possessing entities!!!

Comment

And as far as shitting on Hal -- well obviously I'm not going to shit on Kyle, you can guess that I won't shit on Hal either.

Comment

I've lusted the stars of three of those six titles. Don't assume anything about the other three.

Comment

Working...
            X