Complete List of Licensed Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingdom Come Planet Krypton Power Ring Replica Gift Set

OK, so, I lied... I actually took these pictures awhile back, so I'll post them tonight, while I'm at it. This is the most recent Power Ring product DC Direct has offered. A few years ago, DC Direct decided to do a common theme on all their prop replicas, and the theme they chose was Planet Krypton. In the Alex Ross graphic novel Kingdom Come, some of the characters visit a theme restaurant loosely based on the real-life Planet Hollywood chain, called Planet Krypton. As a mecca of superhero pop culture, they feature all sorts of superhero memorabilia in their fictional establishment. So, DC Direct thought it would be cool to do a line of Planet Krypton branded prop replicas.

The Power Ring set contains retooled/reworked versions of the 4 power ring replicas previously released with the mini busts, and one new ring available nowhere else: The magical ring worn by Power Ring of the Crime Syndicate of America (who come from Earth-3 Pre-Crisis, and from the Anti-Matter Universe Post-Crisis.) These were limited to 2000 pieces, and are now very hard to come by on eBay, as they don't turn up all that often. Original MSRP was somewhere around $90, but expect to pay a lot more than that to get one on the aftermarket.

Here's some pics, showing off all the packaging, the Certificate of Authenticity, and the rings themselves.

Outer sleeve

Gift box (I really like the lovely emerald green they used! )

COA

Inside of box, with nifty metallic green PK logo!

Close-up of rings

There are several variations between these rings, and the original versions released with the mini busts, some of which will be immediately noticeable (like the much lighter shade of green used on Alan Scott's ring) and some of which will not be noticeable unless one is able to compare the 2 versions side-by-side. But that's where I'll be providing assistance in my next few posts!

That's it for tonight, gotta hit the hay.

Oh, and something I keep forgetting to mention: Jim, I of course give my permission to reuse these photos for the greenlanterncorps.com site. But I'd suggest watermarking them with a site logo, otherwise they might start getting used in eBay auctions very quickly. I'd watermark them myself, if I could figure out how to do that with my camera's photo editing software. :-/
    Jack T. Chance
    Really knows where his towel is!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-07-2008, 06:33 AM.

Comment

sweet Jack, I'm just checking in before heading to work, but no theres no need to re-package the props for photos -

also you have the Kyle Prop you bastard!
      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Helloooo.

It's been awhile since a post was made here - like a WEEK! - I still need help with this my biggest concern is T-Shirts at the moment -

I own nearly all the figures so that is the easiest for me
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
          Helloooo.

It's been awhile since a post was made here - like a WEEK! - I still need help with this my biggest concern is T-Shirts at the moment -

I own nearly all the figures so that is the easiest for me
          Oops! Sorry about that, Jim.

My mind's been on other things, I've been doing all kinds of refresher training at work the last 2-3 weeks, so that's been occupying my thoughts lately.

I've suddenly ended up with the day off from work tomorrow (last-minute schedule change) so I'll post some more pics and info tomorrow for you.

As for help with T-shirts, well... I can post pictures of the few that I own at some point, if you want. Although I own several, I know my collection is just a drop in the bucket compared to Dave's, though! He is, apparently, the GL T-shirt KING!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
            Oops! Sorry about that, Jim.

My mind's been on other things, I've been doing all kinds of refresher training at work the last 2-3 weeks, so that's been occupying my thoughts lately.

I've suddenly ended up with the day off from work tomorrow (last-minute schedule change) so I'll post some more pics and info tomorrow for you.

As for help with T-shirts, well... I can post pictures of the few that I own at some point, if you want. Although I own several, I know my collection is just a drop in the bucket compared to Dave's, though! He is, apparently, the GL T-shirt KING!
            yes he is and he needs to start posting in this thread!

*looks around* - where's my woomping stick?
            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

yes he is and he needs to start posting in this thread!

*looks around* - where's my woomping stick?
              Here, Jim, I'll let you borrow mine!

*Hands Jim the Mighty Kafunga Stick™!*

Comment

I've got a green lantern wallet. My wife wore a GL garter belt. There is a new GL hoodie too.

Comment

Oh Jack

- Look under Power Batteries
                  My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I don't know if this counts as offical but Six Flaggs sold Foam Kyle Rayner Masks. I have one as soon as I can get my brother to stop being lazy I will post a picture of it.
                    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

JACK IN THE BOX in the late 90s made some DC figs. had a decent Kyle one. he didnt move, but his ring lit up when you hit a switch in the back.

Comment

Yeah, I know, I need to get back to taking pictures of my collection. I'm off the final 3 days of the month, so I should be able to devote some time to it then... unless a miracle occurs and I find myself with a hot date or something!

Apologies for the delay, I've had other things on my mind lately... like watching Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers on DVD now that Koch Vision FINALLY decided to get off their fat, lazy asses and start releasing the COMPLETE SERIES on DVD here in the States! Volume 1 (the first half of the series) came out on the 13th, with the remaining volume due out near the end of the summer (tentatively in August.)

--Dan (who LOVES Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers! It's the best American cartoon produced in the 1980s. Period. )

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBarnes45 View Post
                          JACK IN THE BOX in the late 90s made some DC figs. had a decent Kyle one. he didnt move, but his ring lit up when you hit a switch in the back.

this pic of that Kyle fig is missing his Sheild.
                          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Jim, I know you've been waiting patiently for more info from me. I apologize for the long wait. Look for LOTS more info from me VERY soon (like, within the next week soon.)

Comment

OK, so, I lied... I actually took these pictures awhile back, so I'll post them tonight, while I'm at it. This is the most recent Power Ring product DC Direct has offered. A few years ago, DC Direct decided to do a common theme on all their prop replicas, and the theme they chose was Planet Krypton. In the Alex Ross graphic novel Kingdom Come, some of the characters visit a theme restaurant loosely based on the real-life Planet Hollywood chain, called Planet Krypton. As a mecca of superhero pop culture, they feature all sorts of superhero memorabilia in their fictional establishment. So, DC Direct thought it would be cool to do a line of Planet Krypton branded prop replicas.

The Power Ring set contains retooled/reworked versions of the 4 power ring replicas previously released with the mini busts, and one new ring available nowhere else: The magical ring worn by Power Ring of the Crime Syndicate of America (who come from Earth-3 Pre-Crisis, and from the Anti-Matter Universe Post-Crisis.) These were limited to 2000 pieces, and are now very hard to come by on eBay, as they don't turn up all that often. Original MSRP was somewhere around $90, but expect to pay a lot more than that to get one on the aftermarket.

Here's some pics, showing off all the packaging, the Certificate of Authenticity, and the rings themselves.

Outer sleeve

Gift box (I really like the lovely emerald green they used! )

COA

Inside of box, with nifty metallic green PK logo!

Close-up of rings

There are several variations between these rings, and the original versions released with the mini busts, some of which will be immediately noticeable (like the much lighter shade of green used on Alan Scott's ring) and some of which will not be noticeable unless one is able to compare the 2 versions side-by-side. But that's where I'll be providing assistance in my next few posts!

That's it for tonight, gotta hit the hay.

Oh, and something I keep forgetting to mention: Jim, I of course give my permission to reuse these photos for the greenlanterncorps.com site. But I'd suggest watermarking them with a site logo, otherwise they might start getting used in eBay auctions very quickly. I'd watermark them myself, if I could figure out how to do that with my camera's photo editing software. :-/
                              I hate you for having this

Comment

Jim, I know you've been waiting patiently for more info from me. I apologize for the long wait. Look for LOTS more info from me VERY soon (like, within the next week soon.)
                                awesome Jack! you rock bro!
                                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X