Why haven't they done this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why haven't they done this ?

I don't know about you guys but i'm suprised they haven't done this already: link Alan scott further to the green lanterns we all know and love.
    REBOOT ALAN SCOTT
    Yes,That's right link alan scott to the green lantern corps
    It would seem rather fitting too with green lantern gaining a lot of attention.
    I don't know if a thread like this has already been created and I don't really care cos i haven't seen one.

So why ?:

1.Magic ? Seriously ? kinda seems abit outdated ,let's make it pure alien technology ,the first green lantern battery ever made.

2.His costume looks shit.
    Let's face it Jay garrick and Alan scott down right have the worst damn costumes ever ,Red?Purple ? and Green ?
    No disrespect to people who have followed alan scott for long time but I think giving hiim a cool costume would just show decency to the character.
    and you look me in the eye and say the sentinel costume was any better.

I understand what dc were doing trying to make some one different but seriously , you wonder why he got cancelled ?

3.It would create in my opinion a different atmosphere between alan scott and the GLC ,and i know they're already pretty friendly , with kyle seeing alan as an almost father figure but seriously there could be a whole new storyline, involving alan meeting the guardians becoming a powerful green lantern.Maybe even give his ring an upgrade.

So basically instead of me thinking alan scott is the worst green lantern,let's make him more interesting.

What would this open up:

Loads of cool JSA story lines

Awkwardness between alan and kyle ,fighting along each other , possibly later between themselves

and of course a new earth green lantern

I don't know about you guys but he seems a bit outdated , i know he's supposed to be older but ...I think he deserves more recognition and status.

Now go ahead and flame the living daylights out of me if you want ,but all i'm saying is how would you get alan scott going again ?, perhaps a new ongoing solo series ? or expand on my idea .Disregard this thread altogether if you want , just throwing an idea out there.

Sure, and let's reboot Superman so that he's a Wayne instead of a Kent.

Because Alan Scott is his own character with his own background story that is not related to the "Green Lantern Corp"

Comment

I'm sick of all of this rebooting as it is.

Comment

They don't need to reboot him.

Just give him a GLC ring.

Comment

They don't need to do that either.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I say leave Allen as is, written well he could be a powerhouse of a charcter.

Comment

nothing needs to change with Alan Scott.....
              The Corpsman formerly known as JadeSkarab

Comment

...Realy? Dude..come on leave Alan Scott alone.. he is the original Green Lantern..we don't need to reboot him just to make him fit in the Green Lantern Corps just give him his own title finaly..hell I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Comment

I agree. There's no real problem with Alan Scott's powers being very very very loosly linked to the GLC...if he was just another GL...then frankly he'd be...just another GL...and DC is making enough of a mess with the "Fab Four" as things stand....

While it isn't that commonplace, sometimes comic book charaters of different generations will share a similar or even the same name, but the powers are completely different...and there's nothing wrong with that.

Take Starman for example...they've all been pretty different haven't they?

Comment

The Starheart was essentially forged by the Guardians. Dont really need anything else to connect him to the GLC, and there shouldnt be anything else that connects him to it.

Comment

Well, he needs to be in more than just JSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan_Black_Lantern View Post
                        ...Realy? Dude..come on leave Alan Scott alone.. he is the original Green Lantern..we don't need to reboot him just to make him fit in the Green Lantern Corps just give him his own title finaly..hell I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
                        shut up . learn to spell.
                        Disregard the post .

I said give me your thoughts on the matter not my post.

Comment

Originally posted by LanternJake View Post
                          shut up . learn to spell.
                          Disregard the post .

I said give me your thoughts on the matter not my post.
                          A reply to your post would be our thoughts on the matter though...

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                            Well, he needs to be in more than just JSA.
                            No he doesn't, if the story doesn't call for Alan Scott, Alan Scott should not be used.

Comment

Alan Scott in the Green Lantern Corps would be like James T. Kirk as a permanent crew member on Picard's Enterprise. The novelty would wear off very soon, and he would stick out like a sore thumb.

Comment

Working...
                              X