Justice League movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice League movie

Well they start filming this tomorrow so I figured I'd make a thread.

Even though I enjoyed BvS I had hoped after the dismal critical reception and poor word of mouth they would give Snyder a co-director to help improve the movie but it doesn't look like that'll happen. Instead it appears that Jon Berg (Executive Vice-President Development and Production) and Jeff Bewkes (Time-Warner CEO) are going to be more hands on with the movie. Honestly I would've preferred they go the co-director route over this since I doubt these guys will really be able to devote THAT much time given that they are high level executives with already busy schedules but I suppose that was never really realistic.

Comment

"Money = quality" is all Warner Bros. sees anymore.

I heard Affleck is refusing to do the solo Batman film unless he gets to write it. As he has an Oscar for writing, I really hope he gets what the world needs. Enough of this morbid dreck.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        . . . Even though I enjoyed BvS I had hoped after the dismal critical reception and poor word of mouth they would give Snyder a co-director to help improve the movie but it doesn't look like that'll happen . . .
        I'm trying to think of a case where a second director was added by the studio (as opposed to a creative choice) and a quality movie was still made. Maybe something obvious is eluding me, but . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
          "Money = quality" is all Warner Bros. sees anymore.
          The thing is even though the movie is making money it IS underperforming. Most of the projections now have BvS final haul being in the low 800 million range which is way under the original expectations.

Furthermore the multiplier on the domestic haul is pretty poor. Multiplier in this context means how much a movie makes total in relation to opening weekend and is a good judge of word of mouth as well, ex. 2x multiplier means that a movie's overall haul was twice as much as it's opening weekend. Right now most projections have BvS bringing in $325 to $340 domestically, that would give it a multiplier somewhere between 1.95 to 2.05. That would actually be lower than X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2.11), 2003 Hulk (2.12), 2015 Fantastic Four (2.18), Green Lantern (2.19), Hellboy 2 (2.2), Amazing Spider Man 2 (2.21), and Spider Man 3 (2.22), all of which were movies that cancelled plans for further movies.

So yea I think WB is probably concerned but they're stuck in place where plans are already in place and don't have a way to change them without affecting their stock price.

I heard Affleck is refusing to do the solo Batman film unless he gets to write it. As he has an Oscar for writing, I really hope he gets what the world needs. Enough of this morbid dreck.
          It's actually already been pretty much confirmed that him and Johns are working on script for a Batman movie.

Comment

Larry Fong will not be returning for Justice League Part One, instead Fabian Wagner will be taking over as cinematographer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              It's actually already been pretty much confirmed that him and Johns are working on script for a Batman movie.
              This is good news. Affleck's a very good writer and director, and Johns has been stellar when he isn't spread thin and actually gives a damn.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Jason Momoa hints at the Watchtower being in the movie.

Comment

That's interesting.

Is Aquaman's mom's name Martha too?
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                    Is Aquaman's mom's name Martha too?
                    Yes.

Comment

Comment

'Justice League' Adds Willem Dafoe to Cast

Comment

J.K. Simmons Reveals The Size Of ‘Commissioner Gordon”s Role In JUSTICE LEAGUE And Future BATMAN Movies
                          One of Justice League‘s most impressive casting additions to date is no doubt Spider-Man and Whiplashstar J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Jim Gordon, but it sounds like he’ll only be making a cameo appearance of sorts in the superhero ensemble. Talking in the video below, the actor explained that Batman’s closest ally won’t be spending a huge amount of time hanging out with the Caped Crusader.“I don’t get started on that until June, and my part in the first one is very small. I’m excited to be playing that iconic character in that iconic series.”

That’s slightly disappointing, but it sounds like Warner Bros. has big plans for the character, no doubt starting with Ben Affleck’s The Batman a couple of years from now. “I’m going into a thing that hopefully will be 2, 3, 4, maybe more movies for me, and my part in the first one is really very small,”he explained. “But obviously, we know who the guy is. We know his whole backstory, based on the comic book. So, I’m just gonna finish doing my research on that. And probably not watch the other actors who have played the part, because that is kind of intimidating, honestly, and I don’t think I would find that to be productive. So, I’ll do my take.”

Comment

Ben Affleck Elevates ‘Justice League’ Presence; Becomes Exec Producer

Comment

Oh no. More Buttfleck, no Green Lantern, no Martian Manhunter. None of my money.

Marvel is looking better and better every hour, in every way. I couldn't say that at the beginning of this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X