Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of Green out of print?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of Green out of print?

This is the only book of volume 4 you cannot get in any form or format. The TPB is out of print and hard to get (fucking expensive on amazon marketplace and currently unable to get on ebay in europe).

It is also the only book not available for kindle.
    I guess I could get the single issues at comixology but I'd prefer to get the paper version.

What's so bad about this book, that DC apparently feels the need to bury it?

Is that the arc with the introduction of the Corpse? Even though the idea was solid it didn't jibe with what Geoff was doing with the emotional spectrum BS and quickly forgotten about. At least until the leader showed up in the Wii GL movie game. Anyway they probably took it out of print so people would forget about it and instead support the rainbow brigade of Lanterns in every color.

~KL~

Comment

Well, the Leader of the Corpse is also, of course, playing a significant role in the current storyline, as well.

Comment

He's eating the power coins in his gimp suit and making purple-ish constructs again?

~KL~

Comment

No, because the Guardians abandoned him, so I guess he ran out of power coins.

He's definitely still supposed to have been an undercover operative, though.

Comment

What a coincidence... I'm reading these comics at the moment, on GLC#7. The butterfly chick is pretty hot. Vol 4 is a fantastic read so far.

It collects issues #7-13. Issues 12 and 13 are pretty expensive at MyComicsShop and issues 10 and 11 are unavailable. Yet you can get the whole run, near mint, for $100-200 off ebay rather easily, that's what I did and don't regret it. Gotta admit the paperback trades have the edge in some ways (no ads, extra content) but I prefer reading the individual comics. Also, seems cheaper just to buy the complete set all at once, maybe even cheaper than the trades.

Sorry can't tell ya why these ones are rare. Probably because the TPB is out of print?

Comment

The TPB was only shortly avaible from what I could find out. All other TPBs of volume 4 are still in print.
              MyComicsShop is not an option, shipping overseas is fucking expensive. I thought about getting the single issues but I've got everything else as trade and that would look stupid in my book rack.

Comment

Looks like you will have to hunt it down at comic stores or conventions. It's on ebay for ~$40 tho (plus shipping).

Comment

Looks like it was reprinted at some point: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=16429801

Comment

Check your PMs, Mogo.
                    The last fan of 1990s comics
                    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by sundrop View Post
                      What a coincidence... I'm reading these comics at the moment, on GLC#7. The butterfly chick is pretty hot. Vol 4 is a fantastic read so far.Sorry can't tell ya why these ones are rare. Probably because the TPB is out of print?
                      I really liked her way expressing two thoughts by combining words like when she told Guy, "You think-talk too much." R'amey was actually in the GL movie, although she was just window dressing like most of the Corps:

http://dcmovies.wikia.com/wiki/R%27amey_Holl
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                        R'amey was actually in the GL movie, although she was just window dressing like most of the Corps...
                        She was, but it was a good design.

Comment

Hmm. The movie version isn't nearly as appealing as the comic version. I guess I'd still hit it tho.

Comment

Ewwww

Comment

Working...
                            X