No announcement yet.

JLA/JSA CROSSOVER (spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was just as soap opera-y as Kyle's old run. ♥ It made me laugh a lot. I think for good and bad reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by missferris View Post
      It was just as soap opera-y as Kyle's old run. ♥ It made me laugh a lot. I think for good and bad reasons.
      I dunno. I mean, when in Kyle's old run did he shout "you cheated on me!" while battling? It seems odd to hash out relationship problems while fighting for your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
        I dunno. I mean, when in Kyle's old run did he shout "you cheated on me!" while battling? It seems odd to hash out relationship problems while fighting for your life.
        Well she was kind of pulling the YOU LEFT ME card. It's only fair that he's like "whoah whoah whoah wait honey, let's get this straight"

Comment

Welp, read the Dark Things part 4. And, wow. Did they make Kyle a dick here. He shows up and the first thing he says to Jade is how he's ordered to kill her dad if things go really sour. And he really makes a point to emphasize this too. Way to make sure Jade remains calm here, Kyle.

And he really doesn't seem to have any problems with killing his former mentor. What about all those meetings at Warriors, man? Cold, Kyle. Cold.

It was the dumbest, most forced peice of writing I've read so far. I kinda wonder if Robinson knew about that mini where Kyle dealt with the Starheart and a nutso Obsidian with only Jade and Alan as backup. Not that he has the entire JLA and JSA as backup things are looking much better.

Anyhow, aside for Kyle's "any means" diatribe at the beginning, this issue was pretty good. And it looks lke Alan's not under the Starheart's total control which, if you're like me and read the previous "heart of Darkness" mini (think that was the name) you dig because the evil Stearheart couldn't control him then either.
          Robinson is a great idea man, but he's been struggling lately when it comes to dialogue. You can tell that he means well, and knows what the character should say, but the execution just isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            Robinson is a great idea man, but he's been struggling lately when it comes to dialogue. You can tell that he means well, and knows what the character should say, but the execution just isn't there.
            It's because Robinson is not that great in execution without a good editor that complements him. I think his dialogue has always suffered (while his ideas and grasp on characters and appreciation for them has always been great), he just had better editing before.

Comment

I thought this is issue was okay, nothing terrible or fantastic, just okay. I did like Todd and Jenny merging into one being

Comment

Well, the last issue's in. I though tthis was supposed to address how Alan fits into the whole emotional spectrum, but I must have heard wrong because it didn't at all.

Also, for a crossover that mirrored the old "GL / Sentinel" mini from a while back, it really had the opposite outcome. Both Jade and Alan became even more powerful than before. Just from how different everyone is - from the Starheart to the situation, I can't help but feel like the old freed Starheart story arc from Volume 3 has been retconned away simply because nobody remembers it.

Comment

Well, the last issue's in. I though tthis was supposed to address how Alan fits into the whole emotional spectrum, but I must have heard wrong because it didn't at all.

Also, for a crossover that mirrored the old "GL / Sentinel" mini from a while back, it really had the opposite outcome. Both Jade and Alan became even more powerful than before. Just from how different everyone is - from the Starheart to the situation, I can't help but feel like the old freed Starheart story arc from Volume 3 has been retconned away simply because nobody remembers it.

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to fit that in somewhere too!

Basically, I think this was a lackluster finish to everything. Did Kyle and Obsidian seriously just disappear offscreen? Is Obsidian once again shafted for Jade's bond with her Father? I have no idea. But all in all the arc was entertaining at best, but I feel not a lot of real development came out of it.

Comment

While it was not the best conclusion, it certainly was not the worst. I feel bad for Obsidian that he can't go near his sister now. Overall this arc was pretty good and entertaining, with Dick Grayson and Supergirl stepping up to their roles in the new JLA. I'm looking forward to the crime syndicate arc now

Comment

I think we haven't heard the last of the "Obsidian can't go near Jade" thing. After all, the vision showed us Eclipso as well.

One thing I'm wondering is ... what happened to the Starheart itself? did they just lob it back into space? Maybe that'll be addressed next issue of JLA ... JLA's not my regular pickup, so I'll probably just flip through it in the store.

Comment

Just read the last part today. I'm just glad the whole thing is over. Terrible story and I didn't like the art at all. What good is the ability to make deadlines if your work looks too rushed? The whole thing was a cluster f*ck of fight scenes. It felt like a story written for kids when the majority of the fanbase are 30 something year old men.

At least now I can stop reading JLA yet again. I was only buying it for the JSA connection.

Comment

This story really had some promise, but fell kinda flat. So Mr.Terrific had a machine built to help deal with the Starheart, but Jade was able to "hurt" it enough for Alan to regain control and become MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER! With the caveat that at any time he might loose control again. I have a feeling that this was more of a prologue to later events in Brightest Day. Overall is was not to bad but not very good either.
                          http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                          http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                          Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                          I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

I felt that the White Lantern Parts almost seemed shoe horned it, like they didnt quite fit. I mean, she got her life returned pretty quickly, but did she truly balance the darkness at that point, would've made more sense to have that happen after she absorbed the 'dark energy' or whatever from the starheart. Also, what the hell is eclipso's role in all of this?

Decent Storyline, couldve been stronger middle to end, but still enjoyed it.
                            I Bleed Green

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                              Just read the last part today. I'm just glad the whole thing is over. Terrible story and I didn't like the art at all. What good is the ability to make deadlines if your work looks too rushed? The whole thing was a cluster f*ck of fight scenes.
                              THANK YOU. Robinson needs a better artist ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                THANK YOU. Robinson needs a better artist ASAP.
                                Bagley and Scott McDaniel are two examples of artists who are known for easily making deadlines but their work suffers for it. Both guys IMO were much better years ago, but have both adopted a style that lets them fly through, I dunno, 30 pages a day. At least that's how it looks when you look at the quality of the final product. I used to enjoy Bagley's work when Ultimate Spiderman first started, but he doesn't do that quality of work any more. Now I can barely look at it. I actually skimmed a couple of these issues because I couldn't bear to read every caption and take the art in. Every page was a mindless fight scene anyway so I doubt I was missing any pertinent information.

I'd say a tight inker to reign him in might be an option, but to be honest his work is so sloppy, the inker who pulls that shit together deserves mores than a simple inking credit.

And don't get me started on McDaniel. I can't even look at his pages anymore. At least Bagley understands the concept of a layout, while McDaniel has lost all concept of what storytelling is about.

I don't want to be the guy that bashes the few guys who seem to make all their deadlines. I understand Brian Hytch quality work comes at a price I don't want to pay, waiting forever for a book. But if it looks so bad that I can't wait for a JLA/JSA crossover to end so I can drop the book, something's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X