Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like an exec in every studio is a Goonies fan or something.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Yo.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/wait-guardian...ost-1794399080

Wait, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Has How Many Post-Credit Scenes?!

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• One of the many reasons to love James Gunn.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Cloak & Dagger Trailer

Looks pretty good to me. I know I was the only one rooting for this cause it was on Freeform. Gives me hope that New Warriors show won't completely suck...

~//V\\~

Comment

• There wasn't enough super hero stuff in the trailer. It feel like another teen drama series to me. That being said, I'll give it at least three episodes. But I'll probably watch the entire series given that I didn't give up on the horrible Iron Fist series.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
              There wasn't enough super hero stuff in the trailer. It feel like another teen drama series to me. That being said, I'll give it at least three episodes. But I'll probably watch the entire series given that I didn't give up on the horrible Iron Fist series.
              Like a lot of newer shows, it'd probably focus on them building up to getting their respective costumes [assuming they get them in some form] and becoming real heroes. I don't expect it to get good until halfway through. The fact the New Warriors will be on Freeform has my hopes up for another universe of heroes in a different light.

And in all seriousness, it's SUPPOSED to be a teen drama. If it's anything like the original comics drugs will play a factor in the series. And though there's a lot more acceptance for interracial couples nowadays, I'm sure that will play a factor in the series as well. I completely geeked when kid had a black sheet over him covering his head and teleported to the top of that building.

I know Squirrel Girl will be the leader or whatever in 'Warriors, but here's hoping the rest of the line up doesn't suck. I wonder if they can't use Inhumans or anything and this will be more separated than the other shows? Don't get me wrong, I love some C and D list heroes... I just wonder who might show up and what the angle will be in the end.

~//V\\~

Comment

• I know Cloak and Dagger is a teen drama as the characters are of that age. What I meant is that it looks like another run of the mill teen drama. Nothing in the trailer that really stood out that would make if feel like a show about super heroes or their powers. I mean, The Flash and the other CW shows make it a point to highlight it's a super hero show in their trailers.

BTW, here's the New Warriors roster.

Find out who made the cast of Marvel Television's first live action comedy and see custom comic art!

Characters clockwise from top: Zack Smith (Microbe), Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher), Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal),
                Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl), Deborah Fields (Debrii) and Robbie Baldwin (Speedball).

The following characters will be featured in the series:

Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl)
                Superpower: “The powers of a squirrel, the powers of a girl” (is acrobatic, strong, can fight, can talk to squirrels)
                Doreen is a totally empowered fangirl. She is a natural leader—confident and tough, but not innocent. Doreen is bouncy and energetic and her greatest quality is her optimism… She has faith in others and inspires people to believe in themselves. She also takes her pet squirrel, Tippy Toe, everywhere.

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
                Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
                The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
                Superpower: None
                Dwayne is a local celebrity “hero” with his very own YouTube channel. Brilliant, strong, noble, and maybe a bit full of himself, Dwayne is a shameless self-promoter and entrepreneur. But he also deeply believes in justice — at least his version of it. Dwayne hides the fact that he comes from a really rich family because he’s afraid he’ll lose his street cred.

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)
                Superpower: Can launch kinetic balls of energy
                Robbie grew up watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower and loves the idea of being a hero. He’s an impulsive and immature people-pleaser with a misplaced sense of confidence. Although you would think throwing kinetic balls of energy would be awesome and effective – his are completely out of control.

Zack Smith (Microbe)
                Superpower: Can talk to germs
                Zack is a shy hypochondriac whose ability nearly makes him a telepath — the germs tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and who you hung out with. It’s impossible to keep secrets around him. He’s a big sweet guy the team takes under their wing, and they help him find and grow his own confidence.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)
                Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
                Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.

Comment

• I'm.... surprisingly interested in this. And this will connect to the Disney/Marvel movies/shows?!? Even better. I knew Nova would be off limits due to the Nova Corps in GotG, Justice and Firestar are mutants so..., Scarlet Spider would be a no-go, but there were a couple D listers that weren't half bad and one or two Inhumans from the more recent series that could still work for the series.

The fact Mister Immortal is in this....

I love the Great Lakes Avengers. Was hoping the lineup would look something like the proposed roster from Ultimate Spiderman a couple seasons back...

If this crosses over with Cloak & Dagger after they're a little more superheroic it'll be GOLD. I'm probably more excited for this than the next season of Legends of Tomorrow... and I love that show despite it's gaping plot holes.

~//V\\~

Comment

• I would imagine that the New Warriors and Cloak and Dagger would cross-over at some point.

I'm not at all really familiar with any of these characters (aside from Squirrel Girl) so learning about them is one of the reasons I'll be checking about these character.

Comment

• Yo.

that.....doesn't look like any kinda of line-up I would think to be interesting in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM; shit, Ive never even heard of Debrii or Microbe. wtf dey from, or are they new creations?!??

regardless, I'll watch it anyways cuz I know we'll hafta review it. I just hope I don't choke on it.....
                      :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Microbe was a member of the New Warriors when they went reality show just before kickstarting the first Civil War among the heroes. Can't remember which version of Night Thrasher came first, but he's a pretty run of the mill rich vigilante. He/his bro often funded the teams and lead several incarnations. Speedball was another founder but it seems they've nerf'ed his powers. Mister Immortal is again... one of the D list Great Lakes Avengers. Only person I know nothing about is Debrii.

For that team to really shine they need a solid 7th member, and no I don't mean the squirrel. Darkhawk maybe? Alex Power? Some new iteration of Rage [since he was wasted in AoS]?

~//V\\~

Comment

• I had no idea who Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are as I've never seen any of their movies, but Kevin Feige says they have a great gasp on Carol Danvers and her hero's journey so this news neither further my excitement for Captain Marvel nor diminishes it.

I would think Carol Danvers will make her appearance in Infinity War.

Comment

• Tyler Bates To Score Marvel’s Netflix Series ‘The Punisher’

Tyler Bates has been hired to score Marvel’s upcoming Netflix original series The Punisher. The show is developed by Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal) based on the Marvel Comic character. The series revolves around Frank Castle, who after the murder of his family, is both haunted and hunted and becomes known as The Punisher in the criminal underworld. The Punisher is set to premiere later this year on Netflix. Bates’ latest project, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, is opening in theaters on May 5 with the score album being released today.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/04...-the-punisher/

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Working...
                              X