X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
    Because it sucks
    Word. Saw a pretty apt description of it the other day: high concept, bad execution, zero consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      Sorta like Green Lantern.
      disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        Word. Saw a pretty apt description of it the other day: high concept, bad execution, zero consequences.
        Wow. That's actually...dead on.

Comment

• When it launched the New 52, DC proclaimed, for no good reason, that there had been super-heroes on Earth for only about 10 years. But then the Society comic tanked, and Dan and Jim came up with the idea (ha, ha!) to bring the real JSA intact to the present day from 1951.

To make that happen, they really did come up with an idea, and an awful one. Or, more likely, Geoff Johns came up with it. It turns out that everyone's memories had been fucked with, so that nobody remembered those old super-heroes! Whoa!

But guess what? Marvel decided not to play along with that! So now what?

http://screenrant.com/marvel-prehist...engers-legacy/
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-30-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• What exactly are you using as proof to back up that theory? Cause Jay Garrick already knew Barry Allen post-Rebirth... and I don't think that works if you're plucked from 1951.

As far as the world forgetting about the JSA, which was teased in DCU Rebirth #1, that's about the only thing anybody ACTUALLY knows for sure. My money is on Wonder Woman being a part of the forgotten JSA now and JL in present day.

And who cares about Marvel's Prehistoric Avengers. Legacy was supposed to fix their universe, doesn't really look like it's gonna play out that way with Mammoth Rider there...

~//V\\~

Comment

• I suspect that the 10-year specification was Geoff's idea too. He tends to build nice, neat, hard little boxes and interconnections for everything, which in the long run have a strangling effect because stuff does need to be changed occasionally. You shouldn't make something utterly rigid unless you're going to make it utterly perfect, which is impossible. His is the kind of neat-freak approach that Felix Unger would take.

It might please readers who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder, but it does NOT generate good stories.

In saying this, I'm also acknowledging the positive contributions that Geoff has made to DC in terms of helping the company sell comics.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-30-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Dark Nights: Metal #1 Variant by Joe Benitez

Batman: The Red Death #1 Cover by Jason Fabok

Batman: The Murder Machine #1 Cover by Jason Fabok

Hypo
                Lil' Leaguer
                Last edited by Hypo; 08-06-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                  Dark Nights: Metal #1 Variant by Joe Benitez

I smell new maquettes and action figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                    Ha, wouldn't be surprised.

Looks like Hal is going to lose an arm as part of this event.

Comment

• More like Dark Nights: Victorian England.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• These covers are going to be better than the actual book.

Comment

• He may lose an arm there, but will it even be mentioned in the GL titles? I thought they didn't have any real connection anymore? DC seemed to give up on continuity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            Well, I'd take the Zatanna figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              Well, I'd take the Zatanna figure.
                              It's hard to not have a soft spot for Zatanna.

Comment

• Tom King has pitched a Sgt. Rock story.

Comment

Working...
                                X