No announcement yet.

2009 Convention Meet-ups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit WW Chicago every year...so if anyone wants to suit (meet) up...
    http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
    http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
    Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
    I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

I'm totally down for the NY con, my college is 3 hours away but my actual home is only one hour away
      Also, when it comes close someone needs to PM me to remind me. Because I will forget

Comment

There's a local Con coming up here in Syracuse. If there's any other Corps members out here I'd love to meet up with you. Nov 1 and 2 is the Syracuse Heroes Expo
        The Corpsman formerly known as JadeSkarab

Comment

Wizarld World Texas is coming up as well. 7-9 November 2008. Dalls-Ft. Worth area.

Comment

Originally posted by Showens View Post
            There's a local Con coming up here in Syracuse. If there's any other Corps members out here I'd love to meet up with you. Nov 1 and 2 is the Syracuse Heroes Expo
            Hmmm, maybe. I'm in Binghamton/Vestal NY right now and that isn't too far from me

Comment

NY Comic Con tickets are now officially on sale
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstBlueLantern View Post
                Hmmm, maybe. I'm in Binghamton/Vestal NY right now and that isn't too far from me
                check out the website:
                http://www.syracuseheroesexpo.com
                The Corpsman formerly known as JadeSkarab

Comment

I might be going to WonderCon in San Francisco, thiscoming February. Wouldn't mind meeting up with a few ringslingers.

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/

Comment

as long s the 501st and Rebel Legion will have a table and a local member can give me a ride, I should have no problem making it to WW Chicago.
                    Those that never take risks never know what could have been

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
                    1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
                    2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
                    3. Ultron (Marvel)
                    4. Metallo (DC)
                    5. Freddy Krueger

Comment

Well since I got the job in Tuscon Arizona and will be moving there at the end of the year I'm debating about going to SDCC since I will be only a couple of hours away from San Diego or if I should just hold out for WW Texas. I guess it would depend on the price of hotels near SDCC and how much to get into the Con itself.

Comment

Hotel pricing during SDCC is high..very fucking high. You need to reserve your room asap, if your actually going. And be sure to check on your reservation periodically because some places won't hesitate to kick you out for someone who offers a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fafara View Post
                          I might be going to WonderCon in San Francisco, thiscoming February. Wouldn't mind meeting up with a few ringslingers.

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/
                          I've gone for the 2007 and 2008 conventions, but I don't know about this year. Primarily, it's a matter of whether or not my thesis project (a five-minute comics-themed animated short) is going to allow me time to take a weekend off. But it's also partly a matter of events this year; I'm not really impressed with the Guest List as of this writing. But, we'll see.

Edit -- Another reason I may not attend is that last year, I was foolish to lug 20 lbs of hardcover geraphic novels in a backpack for most of the con. That set off a chain reaction of events that culminated in a bad back injury in March and of which I'm still feeling the repercussions.
                          JME2
                          Corps Honor Guard
                          Last edited by JME2; 11-15-2008, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I might go to NYCC this year. I missed out last year. It's the only one close to me that I wouldn't have to fly out to get there.

Comment

its a good time Jack i had a blast last year...let me know if your going maybe we can meet up
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Damn, we need some comic conventions in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X