No announcement yet.

Kingdom Come Alan Scott?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan's Still in Checkmate?!? I didn't know that.

Comment

Yeah, I thought he turned in his Checkmate membership card a while ago. But I don't know... I don't read it (or have any inclination to do so).

Comment

he did...

Waller forced him out and he was replaced by Mr. Terrific who was his bishop. Terrific was replaced as bishop by the Thinker.

or thats what i know as 'current' anyway...

M

Comment

Good, I like Grandpa Scott right where he is, not in some shadow government organization. Every time I hear of Checkmate, it reminds me of the government sponsored secret super dudes in Invincible

Comment

Argh, this is the second time today that I find my info is outdated. :P

He's still used to just beating up on terrorists and Fifth Column nogoodniks though!

Comment

I believe Alan left Checkmate as of issue 5 - I stopped buying it when Alan stopped being the White King - goverment agency based on Chess is kind of retarded anyway
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Checkmate's pretty good if you like your superhero action with a little espionage and politics. I find it very well-written.

Comment

Originally posted by Tons T View Post
                  see i have a problem with this.... KC supes arrives on Earth in JSA, right? - but on that KC earth, there's already a red robin! and its Dick! .. they shouldnt touch KC deeper IMO. It makes a lot of things confusing. but still on the concept of Alan looking a lot like the KC GL, i dont have a problem with that, but i just dont want him to be going to the direction in becoming the KC GL..
                  I fail to see how the Red Robin thing is a "problem".

For one, we don't know if KC/JSA Superman has encountered Jason Robin yet. He ust got the costume in countdown. For all you know, in an issue or 4 of JSA he might say something about Red Robin.

The KC supplimental material mentioned Dick became Red Robin at Superman's bidding. So this KC future Superman or Dick could have came up with the idea based on JASON's costume.

it's really not a big deal and one easy enough to "explain" if needed.

W

Comment

I didn't really care for Kingdom Come I Can't Stand Alex Ross I really don't I can't stand him and his high and mightyness Not that I have anything against Mark Waid though

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
                      I didn't really care for Kingdom Come I Can't Stand Alex Ross I really don't I can't stand him and his high and mightyness Not that I have anything against Mark Waid though
                      I don't see how the story of Kingdom Come comes off as "high and mighty". It was a fun read.

As for Waid...he wrote that horrific "The Kingdom" which sucked beyond belief. Besides some really bad art...that "writting" kind of showed how needed Ross was to KC.

Comment

I never said that about the series I said that about Ross I think Ross is a high and Mighty prick

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                          Since we've been seeing alot of Kingdom Come references and changes lately in current comics. Ie: Jason becoming Red Robin, Roy becoming Red Arrow, Wally's daughter will most likely become Kid Flash eventually. When can we expect Alan Scott to start donning the Green Lantern armor that he has in KC?
                          I think the concept is pretty sweet, his battery is his suit, so he no longer wears a ring nor requires a charge. Similar how to when he became one with the Starheart and didn't need a ring or charge anymore. Maybe then he can start calling himself Sentinel again. Or something like Emerald Knight or Emerald Warrior.
                          Jason was not Red Robin in KC.

And "Sentinal"? Might as well call him "Generic Superguy #483" or something. I always hated that name. Plus there was a dorky Image character using it at the time....
                          remember this crap?

Comment

Right, Jason wasn't Red Robin in KC. But the character of RR was in it. I was noting the character being brought into the here and now, where Jason does become RR in Countdown.

I don't know what the red X is.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
                              I never said that about the series I said that about Ross I think Ross is a high and Mighty prick
                              ...Dude.

How can you Hate Alex Ross?! his Art is Amazing!!! is this something personal against him? is he a not so nice guy in person or did he break into your house and burn it down one day...cause he could prob burn mine down and I still love his work...hes jsut that good...
                              TorchBearer - BlueLantern Corps

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                                I believe Alan left Checkmate as of issue 5 - I stopped buying it when Alan stopped being the White King - goverment agency based on Chess is kind of retarded anyway
                                tbph Alan didnt fit in as he was written, similarly I think Mike *has* grown into that role.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                                X