Hey, how's everyone doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, how's everyone doing?

I've not posted here in quite a while, I sense activity on the forum's decreased too.

I thought I'd update you all with what's going on in my life, although really not much has happened. The biggest thing is I left my art course, took half the qualification instead, I couldn't be in that class for yet another year, fell out with everyone and even before that the course I felt really wasn't right for me. Initially I wanted to find a political course, but I opted to do film & TV instead. I'm not that great, I have very little experience with film & TV, but that's what education's for I suppose, maybe I should have done politics instead but oh well, what's done is done. If nothing else it's an improvement over art, plus as this is a two year course I've basically brought myself another year before I need to think about what I'm doing after education and well...with my life in general.

Other than that I'll be honest, practically nothing's happened. I mentioned above I fell out with everyone in my class, meanwhile the best friends I had following that have either gone to uni, moved away or were already long distance. I talk to a few people in my new class, they seem ok, I don't really go out socially as much as I used to though. With that in consideration my personal life's not particularly interesting.

These days I'm not as in with geekdom as days gone by, I think I've mentioned this on here before but I've stopped picking up comicbooks quite a while back now, I've not seen a few of the latest comicbook movies. I am however a regular watcher of the DC CW shows (no spoilers, we're behind you yanks in the UK ), Arrow seems to have picked up from the last two seasons. I listen to a lot of music, gotten into quite a few new musicians now. And then there's my fashion I'm still keen on, I keep an Instagram as almost a fashion journal.

Yeah that sums up my life right now really, not too interesting but I thought I'd update you guys. Hope you're all doing well, and if I don't get back to you lot soon then Merry Christmas and happy new year!
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

This is like the Christmas letters I get from some family.

Go pick up some good comics.

Comment

Welcome back.

I only read trades now. Monthly comics just got way to hard to keep up with, plus I like having six or so issues to read at once rather than waiting on monthlies. The only thing I'm still keep up with monthly is Star Wars.

I just recently came back to the board myself after a bit of a hiatus.

Comment

Good to hear from you! Hope you and your family have a merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          This is like the Christmas letters I get from some family.

Go pick up some good comics.
          Yep, this is basically a Christmas letter

Any recommendations? I'm a bit behind with what's good and what isn't lately.
          Originally posted by myuserid View Post
          Welcome back.

I only read trades now. Monthly comics just got way to hard to keep up with, plus I like having six or so issues to read at once rather than waiting on monthlies. The only thing I'm still keep up with monthly is Star Wars.

I just recently came back to the board myself after a bit of a hiatus.
          Cheers.

Yeah I get you, plus it's gotta be a lot cheaper with trades too, not to mention easier to store.
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
          Good to hear from you! Hope you and your family have a merry Christmas!
          Thanks, and you!
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
            Yep, this is basically a Christmas letter

Any recommendations? I'm a bit behind with what's good and what isn't lately.
            Well, I was thinking more in general (as in pick up where you left off), but in terms of Green Lantern, the current Hal Jordan book is better than Green Lanterns.

In trades, I'd say check out Saga and Klaus.

Comment

Saga rocks!

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll think about checking some of those out at some point

Comment

Hey, is your mom ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Hey, is your mom ok?
                    Oui

Comment

Are you looking forward to a Moffetless Doctor Who
                      Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

Welcome back Deadpool. Glad to see you're doing well. It seems like it's been forever since you last posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
                          Are you looking forward to a Moffetless Doctor Who
                          Oh most definitely, it's just a shame we have to wait another series yet. I admit I've preferred series' 8 and 9 to his previous series, but I'm still looking forward to his departure, the Christmas episode's not looking too hopeful this year. I don't want Capaldi to go, but by the end of a third series with him who knows how I'll feel.
                          Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                          Welcome back Deadpool. Glad to see you're doing well. It seems like it's been forever since you last posted here.
                          Cheers. It has been a while to be honest, not really had much cause to come here as often as I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                            Oui
                            That good, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                              That good, huh?
                              Yusss sir

Comment

Working...
                              X