Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action Figure Collector tips, tricks, and Q and A thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great tip !!! Thank you !!!

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
    Securing DCD Power Battery Handles

This is something that used to go hand and hand with Action figure suicide for me. that is until I saw a post by a member here ( if you were that member i will credit you here after a PM)

While the DCD Power batteries are great they have one flaw, the handle can be lost rather easily. in my early days of collection one or more lantern figures would take a dive from my shelf and I would almost always have to look for either the battery or the handle itself.

The member post I saw recommended putting adhesive putty (either handi tak or Loctite fun tak will do the trick)

1. getting started.

2. A small amount of adhesive will work here.

3. Roll the adhesive into a line.

4. insert adhesive into the side of Handle hole on the battery

5. Tear off the unneeded extra amount. both sides should look like this

6. Insert Handle and squeeze both ends together until excess adhesive comes out.

7. then use your larger amount of adhesive to pull off the excess.

8. The Final result

the Handle will still be able to turn but not as freely as before. however you should no longer have the Handle separation in the event of a untimely shelf dive by a battery holding figure.

Comment

For the batteries to stay in the hand of the specific figure I currently utilize a twist tie (typically that holds the figure in the packaging) and use that to help out.
      Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
      Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

Originally posted by TMarcumUSN View Post
        For the batteries to stay in the hand of the specific figure I currently utilize a twist tie (typically that holds the figure in the packaging) and use that to help out.
        another good tip is to keep the clear bands that come with DCUC figures... they do come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by JerzeyJ View Post
          Go to Bed Bath and Beyond, they sell these things that I can best describe as bleacher steps, I have no idea what they are used for. You can easily fit 10~12 guys on it. This enables you to see the figures in the rear very clearly. I use these plus a bit of something called "sticky max", it is like soft waxy stuff you just dip the feet into and it does a good job of keeping guys upright. The Star Sapphire figure is just a big pain in the ass.
          I went to BB&B over the weekend with my wife looking for something like a clear step display and couldn't find anything. We went to Michael's as well and the only thing that was comparable was their Acrylic Doll display cases which were pretty pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
            another good tip is to keep the clear bands that come with DCUC figures... they do come in handy.

another way is to put a drop of superglue in the tips on the handle...let it dry and then attach...

works like a charm.

Comment

Ive done that, Ricky. Like I said in my earlier post the twist tie is for keeping the Lanterns in the hands of the figure itself.

Also, another good tip, is the compressed air canisters typically used to clean computer keyboards, are great to dust off figures. Only press the trigger down half way if the figure is standing, but I really dont suggest to do it while its standing (for obvious reasons).

Comment

anyone know any good cheap place to buy level risers ?.. I want some thing for my minimates display ...

ebay has them but nothing cheap specially when you add in the shipping costs

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-LAYER-CLEAR-AC...item518f1ad2b2

Comment

$23 for those actually isn't that bad but the $35 shipping that kills it.

Comment

Shipping always gets me when it comes to sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Godmera View Post
                      $23 for those actually isn't that bad but the $35 shipping that kills it.
                      yup like I said in my post ... very annoying too cause these I Think would work perfectly for mini mates ... I could buy an entire CASE of minimates though for what it ends up costing me so screw that

Comment

My DCD EVS Hal from Sup/Bat last night broke. Super glue is needed. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Synch View Post
                          yup like I said in my post ... very annoying too cause these I Think would work perfectly for mini mates ... I could buy an entire CASE of minimates though for what it ends up costing me so screw that
                          If they sold clear plastic layers, I would build my own display. I've been to Bed Bath & Beyond, JoAnn, Michaels, Target and Walmart and nobody has anything similar. The only place I haven't tried is Home Depot/Lowes.

Comment

Does anyone have any ways to make cheap Flight bases? The Matty ones are okay, a bit pricey but okay. I mainly concerned with making adjustable heights.
                            I'm commenting on the internet, Facts hold no sway with me.

Comment

Hello from Bend! My best friend is from Bend.

There is no easy way, none that I've seen thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
                                Does anyone have any ways to make cheap Flight bases? The Matty ones are okay, a bit pricey but okay. I mainly concerned with making adjustable heights.
                                whippy super pose are great but like 11.00 a piece from china now... they used to be cheap until the guy wised up and raised prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X