X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sonic the Hedgehog" movie

Apparent redesign has surfaced:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/sonic-th...gn-photo-leak/

i for one need more pics before i can say it's better then what we got before

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

For once, I agree with IonFan. This looks a lot like what we had in the first trailer.

Comment

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

it does look better

IonFan says

Comment

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and here it is without Mr. H

IonFan says

Comment

^Definitely looks better.

But, I don't get why they can't just do a quality animated movie, especially in a property where the human character doesn't look like he's from the real-world. Why go through the stupid cliche of "now, he's in our world"?

Aren't we past the point of thinking of live action as the only legit movies? And what does "live action" mean when the main character and most of the effects are cartoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              And what does "live action" mean when the main character and most of the effects are cartoons?
              I kind of wondered the same thing when Disney decided to remake The Lion King in "live action". In what sense is it live action when pretty much all the characters are CGI?

Comment

+ YouTube Video

Comment

I think it looks a lot better, but I kind of hate the precedent this sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    I think it looks a lot better, but I kind of hate the precedent this sets.
                    You mean redesigning because of public backlash? True, but I suppose it’s not far from editing and reshooting due to the test screening. It is different (because that, at least, is done with the whole picture in view), but kind of an extension of that.

Comment

+ YouTube Video

and

+ YouTube Video

now as to the "precedent this sets" THIS IS A GOOD THING, no one was gonna see the sh!t show they were given us before, NOW people will see this

after all how many times has the "public backlash" been right about things (GhostBusters 2016, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Terminator: Dark Fate, Star Trek: Discovery ect., ect., ect.)

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                        now as to the "precedent this sets" THIS IS A GOOD THING, no one was gonna see the sh!t show they were given us before, NOW people will see this
                        I dunno... are there really millions of Sonic fans who played the games 30 years ago who would even see this, good or not? I'm not so sure.

Comment

Caught Joe Vargas's reaction to the remade trailer, Sonic finally looks like he should. The quality of the computer effects before was good, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that the character was too realistic-looking and had unnecessary changes (not wearing gloves, super-visible teeth, etc). Sonic has always had a cartoon quality to his design because he's not realistic by nature, so redesigning him to be accurate to his standard look isn't caving to fan pressure for no reason, it's getting the design right. If Batman was redesigned to not having a single thing bat-related, but still called Batman, anybody would be right to criticize it because the change from the template would be too much and therefore be a wholly different character.

This redesign looks great, the film still looks appealing (maybe cliche, sure, but entertaining. I even like that Sonic is still scatterbrained). I'm far more in the mood to see it now and really look forward to Jim Carrey as Robotnik (the dance scene looks hilarious).

As for an animated Sonic film, there was one in 1999, but it's hard as fuck to find, so good luck. Definitely worth it though, the animation was top-notch and the action was great.
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

^I liked the rubber-band museum gag.

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post

after all how many times has the "public backlash" been right about things (GhostBusters 2016, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Terminator: Dark Fate, Star Trek: Discovery ect., ect., ect.)
                              Impossible to say because personal taste is still a thing, and because a small but angry group will always be louder than a large complacent one. If 5% of the audience really hate a movie, 95% don't and you give in to the loud, passionate ones, you just lost 95% of your audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X