No announcement yet.

So what's going on with Alan Scott now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's going on with Alan Scott now?

Is he still a thing on the post-Rebirth Earth-2 or whatever?

Yes, but that book finished (with the characters creating a new earth after theirs was destroyed and the relocated to another planet) and is waiting for a supposed JSA reboot.

Comment

In an attempt to make the universe more like the pre New52 universe, it would appear the JSA characters of the mainstream Earth were wiped from existence and only a few people remember them. So far we've seen Jay Garrick try and escape the Speed Force, and Johnny Thunder in an asylum trying to get the Thunderbolt to work again.

Trey seems to think this JSA will get plucked from the 1950's, but Jay already knows Barry so I don't think it's the case. I'm interested to see if WW also forgot the JSA and was a member of the team during WWII or not since her movie was such a successful interpretation and she's like a good mix of Capt. America and Thor.

When it comes to Alan specifically... we haven't got anything yet aside from the promise of the JSA returning. Earth 2 still happened, but it isn't THE Society. The one returning is tied to WWII again....

~//V\\~

Comment

I am hoping for an Alan appearance sort of like Gerard Jones did during his run. Where an apparition of Alan was reaching out to Hal, John and Guy telling them to look for him. Sort of like they are doing with Jay. I remember that issue got me hyped about a potential return of the JSA, especially if the GLC was involved. Unfortunately when it finally did happen, it had nothing to do with that story thread or the GLC. That being said as long as it is Geoff John's Alan or even Roy Thomas' I am cool because I loved those interpretations of the character.

Comment

I would love for them to do the return of the real Earth 2's JSA, which we haven't seen since Roy Thomas' Last Days of the Justice Society special in 1986. Bring THAT team back and ignore everything that was done after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
            I would love for them to do the return of the real Earth 2's JSA, which we haven't seen since Roy Thomas' Last Days of the Justice Society special in 1986. Bring THAT team back and ignore everything that was done after that.
            That's what they're doing, isn't it?

The problem is that they'e dragged it out for two years, and now most people have lost interest in Rebirth. Later for the endless, melodramatic buildup. Just get it rolling and tell the damned stories!
            Trey Strain
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-14-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              That's what they're doing, isn't it?
              The flashbacks make it look that way except for one not knowing what the PTB's feelings are about crowded earth, AND Rebirth seems to be about returning to the best selling most recognizable version of the franchise (the anti-Marvel route) and I actually think the John's run on the Justice Society was that so not sure yet.

Comment

"Jim and Dan" proposed two years ago that the JSA be brought to the present day as fish out of water. It should have happened by last summer at the latest, while people were still excited about Rebirth. There was no need for all this slow stage-setting, doing it in endless dribs and drabs. That stuff is a nuisance. It kills the audience's interest. The sales bump from Rebirth is gone, except in a few titles.

DC can go on and on about Doctor Manhattan all it wants to, but most people are past caring.
                Trey Strain
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-15-2017, 01:41 AM.

Comment

So basically... anybody and everybody who supported the post-New52 Earth-2 books got bamboozled?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    So basically... anybody and everybody who supported the post-New52 Earth-2 books got bamboozled?
                    As well they SHOULD! A deserved swift kick in the arse!

Comment

Working...
                    X