Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
    That looks like a bargain bin toyline.
    Yeah it definitely reminds me of a toy brand. I'm not a fan of the current Detective Comics take on Batman anyways. I think it should read more like an hard crime adult mystery title (something DC will never do), not a hook for the Bat-Family concept.
    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Like the Rucka era after NML? Or even harder? Back then, we had Gotham Knights to fill the Bat-family niche, but that got cancelled eventually.

Comment

• I did like No Man's Land and Rucka, but I'm thinking something darker, something like they are trying to do with the black label; no bat penis necessary though. Batman deals with murderers, rapist, cereal killers; the stories should reflect some of that darkness to a degree. Something along the lines of Seven or True Detective that might read better to a more sophisticated audience who grew up reading Batman into their adult years and might want something more hard broiled from a title with "detective" in it. It should read like a true crime story.

Comment

• We'll see how much Batman Damned sells after the penis controversy. I hope there's a market for HBO Batman.

Comment

• Well, there was a market for HBO Spawn...
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
              Well, there was a market for HBO Spawn...
              ...and I loved it. I'm a huge Spawn fan though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                Well, there was a market for HBO Spawn...
                Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                ...and I loved it. I'm a huge Spawn fan though.
                I used to like how MacFalane would do this little intros (or outros?) to the show like Rod Serling.

Comment

• They come off as a little corny now when I re-watch them, but I thought the basement intro was a nice way to set up the atmosphere before getting into the story.

I'm really thinking more in funnybook terms though for a harder edged Detective Comics, one that reads like Mindhunter or something along those lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                    They come off as a little corny now when I re-watch them...
                    Yeah, probably. I honestly haven't seen them since they were still on the air, though I would be willing to pick up a collection on DVD or BD if I ever saw it for a good price.

Comment

• Ork-style Batman/Batmobile (large pic)

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Yeah, probably. I honestly haven't seen them since they were still on the air, though I would be willing to pick up a collection on DVD or BD if I ever saw it for a good price.
                        I picked them up off of Amazon. The biggest disappointment is that it feels like the story ends very abruptly; they were setting things up for later that just never happened. I wonder if the new movie will drum up interest in a new Spawn animated series on HBO. That'd be pretty rad.

In Batman related news I've been thinking about what Zack Snyder said about Batman killing; I don't lean that far into the "murder Batman" theory, but I don't have a problem with him allowing someone to die, or refusing to rescue someone, or crippling him or her for life. I wouldn't want a straight up Punisher-esque Batman like Grim Knight; but I don't think Bruce Wayne would lose sleep if he brutally maims some criminal who later dies on the hospital bed or something.

Comment

• Mark Hamill as The Joker, by Jose Luis Molestina

Comment

• Bleeding Cool: Rumour – Tom King Taken Off Batman? Last Issue Will Be #85?

Comment

• I wish. But it still sells a lot of copies.

Comment

• It's probably in the mid 80k, but the book is not gaining any readers. They might be doing this preemptively, because those sales will only continue to drop and they don't want the embarrassment of not having a top selling Batman book. The forecast for the sales by the time issue 85 hits probably aren't very rosy.

Comment

Working...
                                X