Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or maybe the Reds have a BL held captive because they know they can negate their rings....just a thought
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• That's possible.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
        Or maybe the Reds have a BL held captive because they know they can negate their rings....just a thought
        oh god not black lanterns this early.

i know you were just stating a idea but i think thats just way to soon and would this show even do it because it is aimed at kids afterall and i dont know if dc would want kids at the age of 10 or lower hearing death is great or w/e
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post

i know you were just stating a idea but i think thats just way to soon and would this show even do it because it is aimed at kids afterall and i dont know if dc would want kids at the age of 10 or lower hearing death is great or w/e
          I think the "BL" he was referring to was "Blue Lanterns". Put the Jump to Conclusions Mat back in the closet

Comment

Actually, in context I'm pretty sure "BL" was meant to stand for "Blue Lantern" not "Black Lantern".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Actually, in context I'm pretty sure "BL" was meant to stand for "Blue Lantern" not "Black Lantern".
              sorry i did jump the gun anytime i see bl i always assume black lantern

Comment

• Green Lantern: The Animated Series Now Available on Smart Phones

Last week saw the (first) premiere of Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and quite of a few of you watched it live. If you aren't one of those people who like to sit in front of the tv, I have potentially great news for you. Courtesy of GL:TAS producer Giancarlo Volpe, we now know that Cartoon Network has made the series premiere hour long episode available on their smart phone app!

You do need to have a cable/satellite subscription to the network however, but at least its available at your leisure! Click here for the Cartoon Network iOS app and here for the Android app.
                W.West
                Last edited by W.West; 11-19-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                  Yea sure its a kids show just like Family Guy and American Dad and Beavis and Butthead and South Park
                  Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  well train times have changed man with this whole rating system.

and sorry but simpsons is no where near beavis and butthead
                  C'mon, guys; you're missing the point. South Park is terrible.

Originally posted by CYLON (13) View Post
                  To me, part of what makes the Star Wars show so cool is that they flesh out the clones. They are shown as individually minded, there's: Fives, Echo...I forget the rest right now.

Anyway gotta run, Star Wars RULES!
                  Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                  You see!? This is what I'm on about... they're CLONES. They shouldn't have personalities, they get shot and die, that's their personality.
                  SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR YESTERDAYS CLONE WARS EPISODE FOLLOW:

They sort of addressed this on yesterday's show. There was a Jedi General who kind of loses it. He's sending out clones to die without remorse.
                  When alone, the clones start questioning how far loyalty should go? One of them says something like, "we're clones not droids, we have the right to choose."
                  "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
                  "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
                  "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
                  "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
                  *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

• Originally posted by CYLON (13) View Post

SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR YESTERDAYS CLONE WARS EPISODE FOLLOW:

They sort of addressed this on yesterday's show. There was a Jedi General who kind of loses it. He's sending out clones to die without remorse.
                    When alone, the clones start questioning how far loyalty should go? One of them says something like, "we're clones not droids, we have the right to choose."
                    But see, that's the thing. They really shouldn't. Episode III demonstrated that, in fact, the clones ARE much like droids, in that they could ALL be programmed to obey an order to turn on and murder their Jedi allies, with no visible hesitation. Given that fact, it is difficult to picture them being designed (which they were) with the ability to choose to disobey.

Of course, if they were unfailingly obedient, that would make them far less interesting as characters, so I guess given the decision to make them a big component of the show, they had to go that route or risk boring us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      But see, that's the thing. They really shouldn't. Episode III demonstrated that, in fact, the clones ARE much like droids, in that they could ALL be programmed to obey an order to turn on and murder their Jedi allies, with no visible hesitation. Given that fact, it is difficult to picture them being designed (which they were) with the ability to choose to disobey.

Of course, if they were unfailingly obedient, that would make them far less interesting as characters, so I guess given the decision to make them a big component of the show, they had to go that route or risk boring us.
                      Lucas has said several times that Order 66 was not programming. The Clones serve Palpatine and the Republic, not the Jedi. There is no question about where their loyalties lie. If the order comes from the highest office, it is done.

Comment

• sorry wrong thread
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medphyll View Post
                          Lucas has said several times that Order 66 was not programming. The Clones serve Palpatine and the Republic, not the Jedi. There is no question about where their loyalties lie. If the order comes from the highest office, it is done.
                          i quit taking lucas seriously regarding what is what in star wars....

i mean after all he did have luke make out with his sister...

Comment

"Make out"? She kissed him once for a second. If that's making out to you, you really need to get out more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              "Make out"? She kissed him once for a second. If that's making out to you, you really need to get out more.
                              actually thats more then a second and yes that is making out.

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

So...you stopped "taking Lucas seriously" in 1983...?

Comment

Working...
                                X