Opinions on Sinestrollax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Sinestrollax

Haven't read much of the new stuff aside from flipping through a book on the shelf, what's the word on Thaal's time spent as Parallax. Is it good in the new GLC comic, was it around just before then too? And does it ever mention Parallax controlling Sin like he does everyone else, or does Sinestro actually control him?

I'm also still trying to get used to it not being colored the same as green Hal Parallax....

~M~

IIRC, he had Parallax confined before the new arc, but he only merged to fix himself when he was depleted and aged after saving earth from the Pale Bishop.

It's been alright. They've retconned the usual possesion-qualities of the entity, but that seems to be on purpose to prove Sinestro had it in control.

Comment

Originally posted by -M- View Post
      Haven't read much of the new stuff aside from flipping through a book on the shelf, what's the word on Thaal's time spent as Parallax. Is it good in the new GLC comic, was it around just before then too? And does it ever mention Parallax controlling Sin like he does everyone else, or does Sinestro actually control him?
      I'm also still trying to get used to it not being colored the same as green Hal Parallax....

~M~
      Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      IIRC, he had Parallax confined before the new arc, but he only merged to fix himself when he was depleted and aged after saving earth from the Pale Bishop.

It's been alright. They've retconned the usual possesion-qualities of the entity, but that seems to be on purpose to prove Sinestro had it in control.
      I can't remember if it was in the Godhead crossover or one of the other Sinestro issues, but Thaal made it clear that he and Parallax had butted heads on more than one occasion with Sinny proving to be the mentally stronger (I'm assuming) of the two. Likewise, in Parallax's latest GLC appearance, Sinny was in obvious control of Parallax before taking possession of Parallax's energy and after they merged once again. Parallax doesn't seem particularly thrilled with the arrangement.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

What's the status on Parallax these days? Still in Sinestro? No, right?

Comment

He's separate, but was enslaved by Sinestro. He was last seen battling Superman and Sinestro was part of that.

Comment

Hopefully the parallax concept gets a good LONG vacation. With how overexposed the same concepts have been in the GL mythos the last dozen years, I welcome them being put in the mothballs for a few years. If not forever.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Ion return and be a thing. There was something kind of cool about Sodam Yat having it, and him being like this nuclear missile sitting in the back. They never really did much to wholly realize this value, though.

Or give it to John Stewart and get back to that "Will exceeds limits of the ring" thing. And see what he can do. Maybe bring back Xanshi and all life on it so he can shut up about it?

Comment

Right now Sinestro is in JLA with his Ultraviolet Power Ring. No word about Parallax.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                  Right now Sinestro is in JLA with his Ultraviolet Power Ring. No word about Parallax.
                  I forget, did they go so far as to introduce an Ultraviolet Entity? I hope not.

EDIT: Ugh, I looked it up, and I guess they have. Umbrax. Sigh.
                  Mister Ed
                  Horse of a Different Color
                  Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-15-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

So... what's so great or particularly special about an Ultraviolet ring?

Comment

As far as I can tell, it's just EEEEEEEEE-VIL!!! I seem to recall something about it being part of an "invisible emotional spectrum", so if we're unlucky we may someday have to put up with Infra-Red Lanterns, or X-ray Lanterns or some such nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        So... what's so great or particularly special about an Ultraviolet ring?
                        Supposedly Ultraviolet runs on the user's "shame". So naturally Sinestro, master of fear, can control "use of shame (of failure)". But they try to say every ring-slinger out there has "shame of failure" (think John Stewart and a certain exploded star system), so Sinestro can control them, as well.

I can see where the writers were coming from, it still stinks to high heaven. This bending-over effort to make the "underside" of the 52 universes was bad enough with the Metal arc, the current arc is just pathetic to make "Totality" stay relevant in the current storylines.

The best thing to do is wipe away the "underside" universe, re-seal the Source Wall, and forever banish the Ultraviolet spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                          ...The best thing to do is wipe away the "underside" universe, re-seal the Source Wall, and forever banish the Ultraviolet spectrum.
                          That is what I want.

Comment

It's really very baffling. There was clearly a moratorium about, "Hey, fans have gotten real sick of the emotional spectrum stuff, we're retiring it all for now" and for good reason... so some random JL hacky writer decides to invent a whole different "invisible" emotional spectrum complete with its own rings? Does editorial even do anything, serve any purpose at all anymore?

Comment

said it before and i'll say it again, i like Sin better when he was

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                              X