Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a prototype for GLAS Hal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Universe-...item27c63a91bc

I was on Ebay today and came across this. It can't be a JLU figure because that whole holiday special debocile,plus look at his arms,No Justice League figure had ball articulation.

This caught me be suprise because I have been hearing that due to a lack of Sucess on behalf of the movie line that Mattel Refused to do a animated GL line.

Did they maybe have a change of heart and this is a prototype for the upcoming line? Or is it a prototype for a figure that they were going to do before they made the decision no more Green Lantern? Or maybe is it just a fake.

What do you guys think?
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Sure looks like it. Interesting...

Comment

most likely is a prototype

i remember back in the day they would do the same with star wars figures and certain lines and they usually are from china
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Right, but the point is Mattel has said they never planned on making toys from the show, so either they sis at one point and scrapped the idea, or they changed their minds and are going forward. Most likely the former since they just canceled the YJ, BtB&B, and JLU lines and seem to be shying away from animated figures.

Comment

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/f...tes_145131.asp

My new guess is that this Hal will be a Matty Toy Collector exclusive. Wich means I will refuse to buy it.

Comment

From my experience, the guys at Matty are idiots and assholes.
            [center]

Originally posted by W.West
            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

On other toy collecting forums Mattel has flat out said there were no plans to release a GLA series of toys and no GL figures were planed for 2012. If the show does well maybe 2013 would be a good year for GL fans. Shortly after saying this Hal and Atroticus prototypes showed up on eBay. Mattel still swore they were not real but collectors have them in hand. Sounds like they planned a whole series of figures and when the movie toys bombed retailers said no.

Comment

I have not seen the Atroticus prototype. What you are saying makes sense though.

Mattel only has it's self to blame with the lack of sucess with both the Green Lantern figure lines. There were some highlights like the Power Battery blaster,but most of the line was a let down. The distribution was a freaking joke too.

And the Classics line probably would have done better if they would have picked more popular characters to make.

Mattel always puts out statments saying they have learned from past mistakes,yet they never do.

Comment

Their biggest missed opportunity, aside from not making 6" Lantern leaders in DCUC and GLC, was not using the 4" line to spearhead a new highly articulated line to compete with Hasbro. They clearly had a lot of budget for all the movie toys, the sculpts were great, the constructs were great, but the artic sucked balls. If they had done even 12-14 POA, collectors would have gobbled these up and they could have used the line to expand into a DCU-wide line. But they insisted on doing 5 POA POS's and then flooded the market with them hoping the movie would be a hit and the toys would sell.

They made the same mistake with the Young Justice 4" line. JLU was great while it lasted, but it had already died at retail, forced out by the better value of MU figs. Instead of retreading both JLU and GL lines, both of which failed, they should have taken the budget and gone for more artic. Again, collectors and kids both would have bitten.

Comment

I keep hoping Matty will get its head out of its ass, and they keep disappointing me....
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I am not huge on points of articulation. I prefer more accessories or bigger figures. Some ofmy most played with figures as a child had verry few.

I don't think the goal should be to compete with Hasbro's Marvel line, I think it should just be putting out quality toys at a fair price. I collected the movie line but for what they were they were over priced.

I want more Green Lantern toys. But I want the good stuff,and If I don't get if from them then DCD is more then willing to give me Great looking GL figures that I can buy half price at comic conventions.

Comment

GLAS Kilowog

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Universe-...item2a1cd93aaa
                        I'm commenting on the internet, Facts hold no sway with me.

Comment

You may not be big on articulation, but I'd wager that most consumers are. If you see a YJ fig next to an MU fig, it's pretty embarrassing that they're the same price. Maybe if the YJ fig was $5, but honestly for $10 it's worth the better playability for most kids and collectors. And the proof is in the pudding - MU, SW and GIJoe are going strong and YJ was cancelled after 6 months. And I'm sure the same problem is what doomed Infinite Heroes - that and the sculpts and details and accessories were terrible.

Honesty, I don't see why competing with Hasbro in this area ISN'T a priority for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
                            You may not be big on articulation, but I'd wager that most consumers are. If you see a YJ fig next to an MU fig, it's pretty embarrassing that they're the same price. Maybe if the YJ fig was $5, but honestly for $10 it's worth the better playability for most kids and collectors. And the proof is in the pudding - MU, SW and GIJoe are going strong and YJ was cancelled after 6 months. And I'm sure the same problem is what doomed Infinite Heroes - that and the sculpts and details and accessories were terrible.
                            My kids couldn't care less about articulation. I know I didn't care when I was a kid. Collectors like it, because they like to pose their figs. Most kids I've seen play with figs don't waste time posing them other than to a.) point a gun or other weapon, or b.) put hands over their head to "fly". Neither of those require great articulation.

The problem is, with the prices they put on figs these days, kids don't even seem to be the primary target market. I think prices are absurd, personally. With prices the way they are, it is possible that those BUYING the figs (adult collectors or parents, since a lot of kids won't be able to afford to buy many for themselves) like the articulation because it makes the fig LOOK more expensive, so the prices seem less absurd. But all that hyper-articulation doesn't really seem, from what I've seen, to make the figs any more FUN for the kids. (And in extreme cases it seems, to me at least, to make them look UGLY.)

The only time lack of articulation bugs me is when the figs come "pre-posed" in some way, so the articulation can't actually be USED because they have permanently bent elbows or knees that only look sensible in one configuration.
                            Mister Ed
                            Horse of a Different Color
                            Last edited by Mister Ed; 05-03-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              My kids couldn't care less about articulation. I know I didn't care when I was a kid. Collectors like it, because they like to pose their figs. Most kids I've seen play with figs don't waste time posing them other than to a.) point a gun or other weapon, or b.) put hands over their head to "fly". Neither of those require great articulation.

The problem is, with the prices they put on figs these days, kids don't even seem to be the primary target market. I think prices are absurd, personally. With prices the way they are, it is possible that those BUYING the figs (adult collectors or parents, since a lot of kids won't be able to afford to buy many for themselves) like the articulation because it makes the fig LOOK more expensive, so the prices seem less absurd. But all that hyper-articulation doesn't really seem, from what I've seen, to make the figs any more FUN for the kids. (And in extreme cases it seems, to me at least, to make them look UGLY.)

The only time lack of articulation bugs me is when the figs come "pre-posed" in some way, so the articulation can't actually be USED because they have permanently bent elbows or knees that only look sensible in one configuration.
                              ^
                              Took the words from my mouth. Kids are not huge on articulation,they like action features,or so the market research has told them. But that can change, as hasbro found out with The SW AOTC line. I think the problem is size and Price and quality. Seriously why pay 10 bucks for a Mattel YJ figure whan you can get one the same size and Quality with a Happy meal and it has a action feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X