This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbit: An Unexpected Story (2012)

Fun though annoyingly expansive, not just as a Tolkien fan but even as a plain fantasy adventure there are too many sidetracks and back stories.

Dirty Harry (1971)

"Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
    [walks out of the room]
    The Mayor: He's got a point."
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Comment

Cloud Atlas - 3 hrs of a poorly connected story.

Comment

Decent movie about the relationship of two brothers.

Comment

Boy Wonder (2010)

Very dark, but good.

Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)

Ken's kind of tough for one of the Godzilla movie kids. A flying sludge monster attacks and he knifes the sucker.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 01-06-2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Comment

The Raid: Redemption (2011)

"Now, where were we?"

Checked this out on suggestion from Tazer some time ago, in a previous incarnation of this thread.

20 cops infiltrate a drug lord's apartment complex to take him out, but get discovered and their exit cut off. They fight to complete the mission while being borderline butchered by dozens of enemies.

Pretty amazing fight scenes and overall excellent cinematography.

Miracle (2004)

"USA! USA! USA!"

Kurt Russell plays Herb Brooks, coaching an amateur team of U.S. hockey players with the goal of defeating the seemingly-invincible Soviet team at the 1980 Olympics.

This was a film that developed the characters very, very well. I really loved how much it made me care about these young men trying to get along not just as a team but as a family, all while shouldering the burden of needing to be far more than the sum of their parts for the sake of their nation. Brooks's character was also shown to be well-done, exploring why he was so driven to win and his ideology of hockey.

Highly recommend both films.
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

The Virgin Spring (1960)

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Boy Wonder (2010)

Very dark, but good.
                    Did they make a Robin movie at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leather Face (Texas Chainsaw 3) (1989 or 1991, can't renember )

Actualy a very good film, I've never seen the origional unfortuneteley, but I did se Texas Chainsaw 2 and thought it was ok, but a bit silly. (I've also seen the remake and prequel, those two were fantastic, and I think the prequel has to be one of the best horros I've ever seen). But Chainsaw 3 was actualy very good. I had a feeling it'd be a bit silly like the previous edition to the franchise, but I enjoyed it very much.
                    Originally posted by IonFan
                    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                    Originally posted by Quaker
                    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                      Did they make a Robin movie at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      If they explained the title, I missed it. I kept waiting for them to make a Batman-Robin reference.

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                      Leather Face (Texas Chainsaw 3) (1989 or 1991, can't renember )...
                      Actualy a very good film, I've never seen the origional unfortuneteley...
                      GO SEE IT! NOW.

Comment

Fascinating to say the least.

Comment

Dead Silence (2007)

Not bad.

MST3L: Mitchell

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post

Fascinating to say the least.
                          It was interesting, yes? Made me hungry ... and I wish I had a few thousand to spare for a trip to Tokyo and a really expensive meal.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 01-07-2013, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                If they explained the title, I missed it. I kept waiting for them to make a Batman-Robin reference.

GO SEE IT! NOW.
                                LOL, the lead looks more like green arrow than anything. Not too far off from Daminen as robin though.

Ok, just don't hurt me!

Texas Chainsaw: The Beggining (2006)
                                It was on again, so I watched it again. This is one of my favourite horros if not my favourite ever. It's action packed, it explains the origin storys so well. The Sherif was bad ass.
                                Originally posted by IonFan
                                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                                Originally posted by Quaker
                                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
                                X