• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Animated & Gaming News Discussion Thread

Green Lantern Corps

* Bruce Timm's name was attached to it
    * Animated in CGI
    * Set for Fourth Quarter 2011. If true, this matches how Batman: The Brave and The Bold debuted in a November, as well.
    * Insider saw five minutes of footage of Hal Jordan in space.
    * If true, more serious in tone than Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Michael Jelenic is also involved from an interview done months ago when he hinted at working on a new series.

YEEAAAHHH

While that forum poster seemed to be in the know on the Young Justice series, its still unconfirmed talk.

Comment

This would be a cool series if this is indeed accurate, or indeed if this ever sees the light of day. The timing seems to be right, probably lining up nicely with the release of the movie on DVD.

Comment

If this happens, hopefully Timm will use the origins and backstories as in the books. As much as I want to see an animated series, I'd be a bit taken aback if they used "Green and Yellow elements."

Comment

I hope the style is done realistic in the attempt, like 'The Batman' series, G.I.Joe, The recent GL animated feature, etc.... you get the point. NOT "cutsie-toonized" such as Batman: B&B or Transformers Animated. That stuff seems geared toward toddlers and pisses me off (since I don't have a toddler, hehe - I want it for ME). I think the realistic is geared toward young and old alike. I would want it to be 2D with CGI elements preferably. If it is done only in CGI, I hope to god it doesn't end up as crappy as SW:Clone Wars.

Comment

I've always said GLC would look best if it were fashioned like Ghost in the Shell.

Comment

I hope this happens. A GLC toon is loooong overdue.Hope it's in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited style.

Comment

I...need new pants.

Comment

not suprising with the movie coming out .

Comment

omg!!! please be official

Comment

Yo.

Im hoping they dont make it about any particular Lanterns either........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I'll be excited with this as long as it has no connection to First Flight at all. If that were the case, then I could see much potential.

Comment

yea we really need a gl toon out on tv. im all for it if it gets green lit
                          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I also hope it's not based on the movie either. I know nothing has really been revealed about the movie and it could be absolutely fantastic but I want a toon based on the comic. Would be cool if Geoff Johns was some kind of story consultant too.

Comment

Originally posted by Weed Lantern View Post
                              I also hope it's not based on the movie either. I know nothing has really been revealed about the movie and it could be absolutely fantastic but I want a toon based on the comic. Would be cool if Geoff Johns was some kind of story consultant too.

yea i agree it should be seperate from the film. what they should do for the first episode is secrect orgins of hal than build it up from there. kinda make the toon itself a continuity like a comic mini
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                              X