No announcement yet.

Jin's Custom Green Lantern Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incarcerated on his homeworld for a crime he did not commit, Rawlk was experimented upon by the ruling powers there in hopes to create the ultimate soldier. He was given regenerative properties that kept him alive as all his family and friends perished of old age. Instead of creating a soldier, they created a monster powered by decades of anger towards his captors.

This Red Lantern Corps member was made from a DCU Steppenwolf body, Aquaman forearms, SIC Kamen Rider hands, Resistance 2 Chimera head, and DCU Nite-Lik's collar. The energy mace was made from an acrylic star, drink stirrer, and the end of a comic Iron man's foot blast effect. His spikes and armor were done in a metallic red by basecoating them silver then using Tamiya clear red over that.

More pics here---> Red Lantern Rawlk

Comment

^ i saw that on your website. AWESOMEEEEE WORK

Comment

Cripes, Jin! These are awesome! I NEED to try something like that!

Comment

Every goddamn time you make a new custom it surpasses tha last one as a favorite! I needs this RL!!!!1

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

What did you use for the green bases on your customized rings.

Comment

Great figures

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                What did you use for the green bases on your customized rings.
                I think they were green shotglasses I picked up at the Dollar store? Or tea-light holders.

Comment

"Sinestro Corps Manhunters have small yellow Power Batteries inside them and after one was 'upgraded' with a sentient mind it was also given a yellow Power Ring. Now it is capable of self-recharging its ring and induces fear throughout the sectors. Jevax-01 was the mind behind it, or rather the program behind it. This cyborg can tap in to any programmable machine and 'download' its consciousness to make alterations on the fly. It's said that Jevax was written by Braniac himself but that could just be the android's ego talking."

This yellow Lantern Corps member was made from a Sinestro Corps Batman with Manhunter lower arms and lower legs. The head/collar is removable and you can attach Jevax's radio-dish type plates to his shoulder underneath via magnets. His construct armor attaches to his forearms the same way. Jevax's head came from an Eon Kid figure and the weapons were made from various clear acrylic sections.

More pics here---> Sinestro Corps Jevax-01

Comment

^ no way. I was gonna make one just like that. But I ran out of yellow Paint!

Comment

Originally posted by Jin Saotome View Post
                      "Sinestro Corps Manhunters have small yellow Power Batteries inside them and after one was 'upgraded' with a sentient mind it was also given a yellow Power Ring. Now it is capable of self-recharging its ring and induces fear throughout the sectors. Jevax-01 was the mind behind it, or rather the program behind it. This cyborg can tap in to any programmable machine and 'download' its consciousness to make alterations on the fly. It's said that Jevax was written by Braniac himself but that could just be the android's ego talking."

This yellow Lantern Corps member was made from a Sinestro Corps Batman with Manhunter lower arms and lower legs. The head/collar is removable and you can attach Jevax's radio-dish type plates to his shoulder underneath via magnets. His construct armor attaches to his forearms the same way. Jevax's head came from an Eon Kid figure and the weapons were made from various clear acrylic sections.

More pics here---> Sinestro Corps Jevax-01

I love it!

Mind if I use this character in my Sinestro Corps Recruits fan fic series?

Comment

Originally posted by William Tel of SU Delta View Post
                        I love it!

Mind if I use this character in my Sinestro Corps Recruits fan fic series?
                        By all means, go for it!
                        Originally posted by JonnyVu View Post
                        ^ no way. I was gonna make one just like that. But I ran out of yellow Paint!
                        No worries, snag some more and make him. Just because I did it doesn't mean nobody else can.

Comment

"Cast out of his clan for refusing to assassinate innocents, Shou-Jen was chosen by the "Ancient Jade Ring" the elders had locked away for centuries. The willpower to defy his elders that was once seen as weakness now grants him the power to create energy based weapons of his trade. Shou-Jen soon finds that the Power Ring brings him to Oa and a new destiny that awaits him."

Shou-Jen was made from any basic Green Lantern (or DCU) body, ML Hand Ninja modded head/tunic, Superman hands so he could hold things, and wrapped wrists/shins. His staff came from a Tron 2.0 figure, clear swords from some generic ninja toy and painted clear green.

More pics here---> Green Lantern Shou-Jen

---------------------------------------------------------

"Wrathael was chosen to become a Red Lantern for displaying the most rage out of his entire species, the Dolurian Marrowers. For centuries his kind was brutally hunted for their pelts and teeth by poachers around the galaxy. Wrathael now preys on those who once hunted him after receiving his red Power Ring, crushing his victim's bones to devour their marrow with his worm-like tongue."

Wrathael was made from the body of DCU Skallox, feet from Medphyll, mouth from a Generator Rex critter, mane from a SOTA Toys Werewolf, claws from a Ben 10 ghost-thing, worm tongue from an old toybiz Venom Phage figure, and swirly blood from an NECA Rhaziel accessory. Whew! He's angry, furry, and full of teeth. Oh, and the tail from a TMNT mutant future Donatello!

More pics here---> Red Lantern Wrathael

Comment

Do you ever make any figures out of DCD figures instead of DCUC?

Comment

Originally posted by bjread View Post
                              Do you ever make any figures out of DCD figures instead of DCUC?
                              I really, really, really try not to. The whole statue-esq approach the company takes bugs the crap out of me. T-style hips, no wrist swivels, it's like I'm holding a bigger version of the 80's toybiz figures. While I like their artist-specific sculpts and paint work, the articulation (and breakable clear acrylic joint pins/ball joints) kill it for me.

Comment

^ I agree.
                                Your so awesome Jin...I have a school girl crush on you

Comment

Working...
                                X