No announcement yet.

Invincible Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna crack Most Wanted sometime this week. Its gonna be a better read than the first arc right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
      No, no, no, no, no, kick him off now!
      Agreed.

I wouldn't mind Jimenez.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Gonna crack Most Wanted sometime this week. Its gonna be a better read than the first arc right?
        Yes.

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
        Agreed.

I wouldn't mind Jimenez.
        Sure, but he's busy on Astonishing.
        The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

If only Steve Mcniven could keep up with a monthly then I would say him. Why not Simone Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
            If only Steve Mcniven could keep up with a monthly then I would say him. Why not Simone Bianchi
            Either of those would be great. McNiven is working on a Millar project. And Bianchi is working on a mini.

Comment

A very ballsy move by Fraction in Invincible Iron Man #20, devoting 6 pages to a Tony Stark monologue. And though it was just half a dozen pages of Tony Stark sitting on a chair and talking, it managed to be the most compelling part of the issue.

Comment

I also liked the subtle shift from being a "Dark Reign story" to being very much an "Iron Man story", with Osborn washing his hands of Stark, leaving it for Iron Man villains Madame Masque and Ghost to take the reins as prime antagonists.

Comment

Yes, good stuff. Larroca.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                    A very ballsy move by Fraction in Invincible Iron Man #20, devoting 6 pages to a Tony Stark monologue. And though it was just half a dozen pages of Tony Stark sitting on a chair and talking, it managed to be the most compelling part of the issue.
                    I thought the same thing when I started reading. But Fraction pulls it off flawlessly.

Excellent issue.
                    myuserid
                    Lantern Hex
                    Last edited by myuserid; 11-27-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

i think its because he might have a little more slack on the leash from Marvel. i'm a big fan of Fraction's Iron Man and like others have said in 5 Nightmares and WMW he gets stark but only in small sparks here and there. in that single monologue however Fraction owns Stark and it was a perfect read!

i'm also looking forward to the dream sequences as they could kick total ass.

Comment

Yeah, I want to know what's going on in those dream sequences too.

I'm sure it has something to do with him coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                          Yeah, I want to know what's going on in those dream sequences too.

I'm sure it has something to do with him coming back.
                          thats the thing. we've been speculating over at advancediron.org that it may not be all that it seems.
                          see its sort of been spoiled that Strange is going to come in to try and bring Tony back but Tony doesnt want to come back. so some AI members have speculated that the constructs seen in his dream sequence may be his conscience kicking in. we know hes digging up the iron man armor with the help of his mom and dad but what for? and what does it really represent?

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
                            thats the thing. we've been speculating over at advancediron.org that it may not be all that it seems.
                            see its sort of been spoiled that Strange is going to come in to try and bring Tony back but Tony doesnt want to come back. so some AI members have speculated that the constructs seen in his dream sequence may be his conscience kicking in. we know hes digging up the iron man armor with the help of his mom and dad but what for? and what does it really represent?
                            That's an interesting theory.

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
                              How is advancediron.org, anyway? I stumbled across it once, while searching for a good Iron Man fan community, but I was put off by the general hostility displayed towards the work of Fraction, the Knaufs, or any other modern depiction of Iron Man, making me fear that it was populated entirely by jaded old curmudgeons who want the Layton years back and hate Iron Man now for "going mainstream". Or did I just happen upon a particularly negative thread?

Comment

How is advancediron.org, anyway? I stumbled across it once, while searching for a good Iron Man fan community, but I was put off by the general hostility displayed towards the work of Fraction, the Knaufs, or any other modern depiction of Iron Man, making me fear that it was populated entirely by jaded old curmudgeons who want the Layton years back and hate Iron Man now for "going mainstream". Or did I just happen upon a particularly negative thread?
                                its an awesome community with a lot of disgrunted fans because either:
                                1) Iron Man has been shiat on for the past 3 years by Marvel and their not fixing it fast enough
                                2) Invincible is more about talking and drama than actual Iron Man kicking butt.

it saddens me thats its that way right now because i really do enjoy the IM discussion when its actually being discussed. and most are still on the fence about Fraction. they know he gets Tony but the two above points have stopped them from liking the book as much as us new guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X