SDCC 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    i wouldnt know. i always wondered though is sdcc that great everyone makes it out to be or is it just over hyped? id love to go sometime but im always afraid people make it more than what it is
    It's definitely all it's cracked up to be and then some, but you have to be prepared and do your research as it can be overwhelming. Whenever I go, I always have a mental itinerary and a team, especially when it comes to exclusives and panels; planning ahead is the ONLY way SDCC will be a positive experience for you... unless you just want to cosplay all day and don't care to do anything else.

Last year, I did everything I wanted to do... well, except get that Green Ranger Flute dagger, but I wasn't sleeping in the grass for it, especially after spending bookoo bucks for the Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
      It's definitely all it's cracked up to be and then some, but you have to be prepared and do your research as it can be overwhelming. Whenever I go, I always have a mental itinerary and a team, especially when it comes to exclusives and panels; planning ahead is the ONLY way SDCC will be a positive experience for you... unless you just want to cosplay all day and don't care to do anything else.

Last year, I did everything I wanted to do... well, except get that Green Ranger Flute dagger, but I wasn't sleeping in the grass for it, especially after spending bookoo bucks for the Hotel.
      well the only thing id be paying for is airfare. i got family who live there and my cousin has a guy who hands out free tickets so yea.......... what kills me is he didnt know how much those can go for online so
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Hands out free tickets? LOL!

You can't really sell tickets online. Each individual badge has to be purchased and picked up with a valid ID. I suppose he could buy a badge, pick it up and then drop it off to a buyer, but that's the only way it'll work.

Comment

i wouldnt know. i always wondered though is sdcc that great everyone makes it out to be or is it just over hyped? id love to go sometime but im always afraid people make it more than what it is
          As I always say, it depends on what you make of it. I mean, I read blogs where people loved and were amazed by the event and others that complain about the over crowding and long lines, the hoops they have to jump through to get exclusives, the attitudes of the security personal, the overall management and handling of hosting an event this size, the ignorance of the volunteers when seeking information and other attendees.

Some people will be turned off by the crowds and longs lines, others might thrive on the chaos of getting exclusives as it's like shopping on "Black Friday" and so it's like getting a trophy for your efforts.

For me, I pretty much like everything about SDCC and that includes the crowds and the power tripping security staff. I think it's entertaining to watch hoards of people rush a booth for free swag, which most of it they'll end up throwing away. I also observe and witness the people that are truly enamored by the booth displays, celebrities, artists and writers. I thinks it's pretty awesome that the stars from movies and TV shows are on the main con floor signing autographs for a select few, while others crowd around to take pics of them, which generates a huge amount of buzz and excitement as you're only a few feet away from them. Other cons may have the celebrities and stars located in a designated area away from the main floor, which is very clinical and strategic and does really generate any excitement for the attendees as security is heavy and you won't be able to take a photo of the celebrity or much less a glimpse. I mean, I love when the Marvel booth roles out the stars from their TV shows and movies. Last year, the cast of Agents of SHIELD rolled off the stage and started taking photos with the fans.

Here are my pics of Chloe Bennett aka Skye taking selfies with the fans at the Marvel booth.

You can see Chloe hold up a cell phone and take a selfie in the phone's screen below.

I ran into a few celebrities just walking around the convention themselves. Seth Green blends in really well with the comic con crowd.

I love the cosplay around the event as well. For me, it's one of the highlights of the event.

Also, the Gaslamp Quarters across the convention center is a great place to hangout too. I ran into a couple of celebrities there. I've ran into quite a few celebrities in the hotels I stayed in.

Hopefully, you'll have the opportunity to attend SDCC and it will live up to the hype.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
            As I always say, it depends on what you make of it. I mean, I read blogs where people loved and were amazed by the event and others that complain about the over crowding and long lines, the hoops they have to jump through to get exclusives, the attitudes of the security personal, the overall management and handling of hosting an event this size, the ignorance of the volunteers when seeking information and other attendees.

Some people will be turned off by the crowds and longs lines, others might thrive on the chaos of getting exclusives as it's like shopping on "Black Friday" and so it's like getting a trophy for your efforts.

For me, I pretty much like everything about SDCC and that includes the crowds and the power tripping security staff. I think it's entertaining to watch hoards of people rush a booth for free swag, which most of it they'll end up throwing away. I also observe and witness the people that are truly enamored by the booth displays, celebrities, artists and writers. I thinks it's pretty awesome that the stars from movies and TV shows are on the main con floor signing autographs for a select few, while others crowd around to take pics of them, which generates a huge amount of buzz and excitement as you're only a few feet away from them. Other cons may have the celebrities and stars located in a designated area away from the main floor, which is very clinical and strategic and does really generate any excitement for the attendees as security is heavy and you won't be able to take a photo of the celebrity or much less a glimpse. I mean, I love when the Marvel booth roles out the stars from their TV shows and movies. Last year, the cast of Agents of SHIELD rolled off the stage and started taking photos with the fans.

Here are my pics of Chloe Bennett aka Skye taking selfies with the fans at the Marvel booth.

You can see Chloe hold up a cell phone and take a selfie in the phone's screen below.

I ran into a few celebrities just walking around the convention themselves. Seth Green blends in really well with the comic con crowd.

I love the cosplay around the event as well. For me, it's one of the highlights of the event.

Also, the Gaslamp Quarters across the convention center is a great place to hangout too. I ran into a couple of celebrities there. I've ran into quite a few celebrities in the hotels I stayed in.

Hopefully, you'll have the opportunity to attend SDCC and it will live up to the hype.

heh thats awesome about chloe. is she very hot in person?

Comment

There are so many points I want to make about SDCC, I dont even know where to start.

1. Going once was a "bucket list" item for me. I've now gone 8 years in a row and we (by we, I mean everyone I talk to. Sylent, Darth, facebook friends, other forum friends" all say the same thing.
              "Thats it. Im done. F this. Im not coming back next year"
              and then by next year, we are foaming at the mouth. There is really NOTHING like it.

2. Its more than just the convention building, the whole town gets transformed into, essentially, Nerdy Gras. there is about a 4x6 block radius in the gaslamp that you just cannot drive down because of the amount of people. Its just pointless to try.

3. You have to have one plan for each day. Because to complete your plan, you will have to get there early. And you will either complete it or get shut out and by then it's too late to try something else.

4. It's a great way to meet people. I'm glad I reached out and met Sylent,Darth, A-train. I've met many other online friends in person at SDCC. And its been a nice way to build lasting friendships.

Hope to see you guys in July

-Cory

Comment

Originally posted by CJF28 View Post
                4. It's a great way to meet people. I'm glad I reached out and met Sylent,Darth, A-train. I've met many other online friends in person at SDCC. And its been a nice way to build lasting friendships.
                This x10. Here! here!

If it wasn't for Cory and Jay, I wouldn't have been able to pick up all the exclusives I wanted for myself and for friends in a timely fashion.

Speaking of Jay, I think it's time for him to start making appearances now that SDCC season is coming around again. Maybe I should say his name three times.

Comment

Yeah out of all the fun I have at SDCC I think our meetup is easily one of if not my most favorite thing. It good times seeing everyone and having a couple drinks and sharing lots of laughs. It's really like having a real life GL Corps meeting at Warrior's Bar and Grill
                  I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                    Yeah out of all the fun I have at SDCC I think our meetup is easily one of if not my most favorite thing. It good times seeing everyone and having a couple drinks and sharing lots of laughs. It's really like having a real life GL Corps meeting at Warrior's Bar and Grill
                    see with me im really weird around people i admit. ive been working on it though so ill go out with some friends once or twice a week for lunch

Comment

Yes, it was awesome to meet everyone in person and talk about their experiences at SDCC that day and what exclusives there were able to snag.

But I don't say "This will be might last year at SDCC" because of overcrowding or negative feelings as I don't have any. I always end up have a great time. I say it might be my last year because there's no guarantee that I can get tickets for the next event and it's really expensive to attend. For a lot of people, it might be the only vacation they can take for the year.

heh thats awesome about chloe. is she very hot in person?
                      Yes, Chloe Bennett is very pretty in person and very charismatic. She was very energetic and seem to be feeding off the crowd and would do a little dance for the cheering fans. I'll try and post some of the pics I took at last year's event in the other thread.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Yes, Chloe Bennett is very pretty in person and very charismatic. She was very energetic and seem to be feeding off the crowd and would do a little dance for the cheering fans. I'll try and post some of the pics I took at last year's event in the other thread.
                        hmmm hopefully she comes to a chicago con since she is from the area. i also found out haley atwel will be her ein april so im hyped for that

Comment

Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn: Marvel Studios Skipping San Diego Comic-Con 2015

According to Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn, Marvel Studios won't be at San Diego Comic-Con this July.

Gunn was answering fan questions on Facebook this weekend when he made the following claim:

Disney did not respond to our request for confirmation, denial or comment on this at time of publish.

Marvel could always possibly attend Disney's own D23 Expo in August, WonderCon in April, or New York Comic Con in October instead.

So why would Marvel Studios sit out San Diego Comic-Con where it's arguably dominated the show for the last several years? We can only speculate, but two words come to mind: Star Wars.

In the realm of huge geek media entities and Hollywood egos, why would Marvel or Star Wars -- despite both being owned by Disney -- want to have to follow the other one at SDCC's Hall H? No one wants to "play" as the other one's opening act if you will. That or maybe Marvel thinks they won't have any announcements to be made or new footage ready to be shown.

Many others think Marvel Studios will probably start a trend of skipping SDCC as it's very expensive, they have to coordinate with many of the actors and film producers to make appearances and prepare footage, and share and compete for headlines.

If Marvel, WB, Lucasfilms and others pull out of Hall H/SDCC, could the event return to the state is was pre-Twilight? Would this make the event worth going to without all the hoopla? Meaning, it would be just like any other con without Hollywood stars or free swag from the major studios?

For me, probably not. It will probably be worth going 1 day if it's going to be like any other comic convention.

Comment

Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn: Marvel Studios Skipping San Diego Comic-Con 2015

Many others think Marvel Studios will probably start a trend of skipping SDCC as it's very expensive, they have to coordinate with many of the actors and film producers to make appearances and prepare footage, and share and compete for headlines.

If Marvel, WB, Lucasfilms and others pull out of Hall H/SDCC, could the event return to the state is was pre-Twilight? Would this make the event worth going to without all the hoopla? Meaning, it would be just like any other con without Hollywood stars or free swag from the major studios?

For me, probably not. It will probably be worth going 1 day if it's going to be like any other comic convention.
                            marvel comics will be there but not marvel studios

Comment

Yes, that's what I said.

Comment

Its cause its a D23 Expo year.

Marvel Studios skipped SDCC in 2011 because of D23 expo. Thats when they showed the first Avengers footage there.

In 2013 Marvel studios had presentations at both D23 expo and sdcc. Butt at d23 exoo they showed the same footage at sdcc and then some.

So I guess this year they're just gonna sit out sdcc and just go to d23 expo.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X