Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
    I don't mean to brag but I am pretty good at fighting games. In mortal Kombat DC my rank was 1,347,buy time I turned the game off for the night I was ranked 364. So please believe me when I say it is not a question of skill. When somone screws up a move they should have to pay for it with the throw,that is the way of fighting games. I agree a patch could fix most of these problems. Some more characters,More stages,and a fix on the fighting mechanics. I,don't really see it happening though.

I will concede for a game that sucks so bad I am still playing it alot. So either there is a hiden beauty under all the ugly or I am such a Green Lantern nerd that I will take any bone DC throws me. This game reminds me of Justice League Task force. I know It is not great but I still feel the need to play it.

I see it as a stepping stone for a better, later MK game, but it has good points in its own respect. Patches and DLC are fairly possible. They already released one, to my knowledge. Others can take care of the issues, assuming the fans are bringing the problems to their attention. The team is waiting to see if the game is successful enough to warrant DLC, but they're confident it will, as all other MK games but Special Forces have been good sellers.

I play it because it's entertaining to me, very much so. Its the reason I play any game. I'd be playing it now, and trying online, but my new Neurologist is apparently a vampire, and had me give two more vials of blood to the four taken last week, for additional testing...@_@ Hard to think right at times right now.

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D

Comment

• When you get online you will see more of what I am talking about. I have beaten both story modes,and without the quest mode or the need for more coin I don't see much replay value there. Also the endings in Ardace mode arent wowing either so I have little desire to play that. I play online alot,I must admit Crushing Batman with 2 hammers is pretty damn fufilling.
      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
        When you get online you will see more of what I am talking about. I have beaten both story modes,and without the quest mode or the need for more coin I don't see much replay value there. Also the endings in Ardace mode arent wowing either so I have little desire to play that. I play online alot,I must admit Crushing Batman with 2 hammers is pretty damn fufilling.
        Well, I'll be sure to see, if my router finally decides to stay connected to my PS3. Not the most wowing, but maybe one day, we'll get back those FMV endings. Also, yeah, its satisfying. But, I like doing a two hit combo, to a hand slamming him into the ground, to three hammers. That's a pro-move I enjoy.

Comment

• Yeah, those little arcade endings are effing lame. You just get a little painted background with some text over it... I felt like I was playing, like, the original Mortal Kombat or something from 15 years ago.

For anyone interested, Green Lantern's ending, the painted background shows some Sinestro Corps members and the write-up talks about them a little bit.

Online's stats are still not working for me. I must have beaten about 20 more feebs last night (and lost about 5) ... yet every time I check my stats it's 0 wins, 0 losses, etc..

Do you think there's something I need to toggle, or is something just plain haywire?

---

One thing I just noticed. I knew going in that they were going to not have any of the DC people that wouldn't normally kill doing any Fatalities (though some argument could be made for Wonder Woman killing or Green Lantern)... but I guess I was assuming that all the Mortal Kombat regulars at least would still be doing their trademark Fatalities in all their glory.

Not so.

Anyone hoping to see Sub-Zero rip someone's skull and spine out or Baraka beheading someone will have to look to previous MK games instead. Remember the old SNES version of the original Mortal Kombat, way back? Remember how Nintendo made Midway change all the Fatalities, so like Sub-Zero would just freeze and break someone instead of ripping out spines and all that? Yeah, same story here.

Lame. One of those things that's like... if they had to neuter MK to this degree to be able to do a DC crossover... why even bother?

Comment

• They've been doing painted endings for Deadly Alliance and Deception *Armageddon, with so many characters, only had them doing Katas (the movements of their fighting stances) while telling them* Even with all the money they put in this game, they still didn't have the endings I'd like to see...still, hopefully, with a new guy in charge at Midway, they'll have an improved schedual for the next game (assuming they don't go bankrupt).

The GL ending sounds interesting. He'll definitely be my second to beat the arcade with (first was Scorpion). For Liu Kang, he did do that Arcade drop in a previous MK game. And Scorpion has his trademarked Toasty fatality, but I agree, I wanted to see more. Maybe they can talk DC into an M game for the future, or perhaps an M remake. Still, I like what they did with the gameplay, and hope they push it to further improvements for the next game.

Comment

• Doesn't really make much sense. You look at DC Comics, you've got Superboy-Prime and Black Adam running around ripping off arms and punching people's brains out through the face/skull... you would think allowing the Mortal Fucking Kombat cast to do their Fatalities would be no problem.

Comment

• Twisting Wonder Woman in half was entertaining on a fun sick level

Comment

• The best level of entertainment, lol. But, yeah, hopefully DC goes through the same realization Nintendo did when they had the first MK censored, and never did so again.

Comment

• I saw some of the endings on youtube. The endings really suck.

Comment

• Has anyone read the comic that came with the special edition? Is it good?

And I still can't attain any statistics in the damned game. It still has 0, 0, 0 ,0.

Comment

• Some people have had that glitch. Not sure what's wrong exactly. I've read the comic. Written by the MK writer John Vogel, and art by John Tobias, series Ko-Kreator. Most of it is Narrative by Dark Kahn, giving us an insight into the mind of the boss. After showing his creation, and some initial "issues", we hear him narrate events in the story, some we don't see, like Superman vs Sub-Zero, Kitana freaking out in Outworld, and even some characters not in the game make an appearance. Its not perfect narrative, but it works, for all intents and purposes, and the art's beautiful, in my view. Feels like Tobias put his heart into it.

Comment

• For anyone that cares, I've discovered that people going online on PS3 not getting credit in the statistics is a widespread problem. Basically, there's like a huge delay... it takes like 3-4 days for the game to register your victories/losses on any given day.

Comment

• The delay on stats seems to have been resolved.

Comment

• Sonya Blade : Green Lantern?

"Sonya Blade's ending in the video game Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe depicts her becoming the Green Lantern of Earthrealm after finding the ring of an unnamed Corps member who died offscreen during the game's Story Mode."

Taken from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ns#Sonya_Blade

Comment

• Interesting. Haven't bothered to complete her story, but now I probably ought to. Not really clear on how an unnamed dead GL from our universe would have any bearing on going to a person from another dimension/universe, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X