The Green Lantern by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
    I have a feeling the "non-GL" GL book is a reference to the "between seasons" issues while Sharp takes a break so that the Morrison/Sharp book can seem like an unbroken run. (and can also be collected together without the fill-in issues)
    Yeah, I'm okay with that and prefer it to some stupid filler.

Comment

• But if he really renames the book, what is it going to be? Hal Jordan: Blackstar?

Comment

• maybe they'll fix the art while their/there/they're at it........... ya know in time for next "season"

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Nothing to fix, bro.

Comment

• I love the art. Gorgeous and timeless. Nothing trendy or "now" about it.

Comment

• ^Yeah, the way he managed to capture Neal Adams style, but make it his own in #8 was amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                maybe they'll fix the art while their/there/they're at it........... ya know in time for next "season"
                Can you explain what you don't like about it?

I don't mean to put you on the spot, but it is interesting to hear why people like or don't like certain art, and a lot of the time they don't really tell why. It's often "I love this," or "I hate this," and you don't really know why they feel that way. That said, I understand that explaining feelings about art might not be the easiest thing to do all the time.
                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

• Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                  Can you explain what you don't like about it?

I don't mean to put you on the spot, but it is interesting to hear why people like or don't like certain art, and a lot of the time they don't really tell why. It's often "I love this," or "I hate this," and you don't really know why they feel that way. That said, I understand that explaining feelings about art might not be the easiest thing to do all the time.
                  art is in the eye of the beholder, i know what I like and i know what I am willing to pay for and the art in GL TOO ME isn't worth the paper it's on I WOULDN'T EVEN USE IT TO WIPE MY @$$ WITH (ie )

IonFan says

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    art is in the eye of the beholder, i know what I like and i know what I am willing to pay for and the art in GL TOO ME isn't worth the paper it's on I WOULDN'T EVEN USE IT TO WIPE MY @$$ WITH (ie )
                    I see. It's just bad because it's bad. That didn't really offer us any new insight, but I expected as much.
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                        I see. It's just bad because it's bad. That didn't really offer us any new insight, but I expected as much.
                        i do know what you want, you want me to explain a feeling i have and i can't, you want me to explain why sh!t looks like sh!t to me and i can't, all i know is what I like and I don't like the art in GL and I won't pay for sh!t I don't like

IonFan says

Comment

• Generally when a comic book line only lasts 12 issues it's still seen as a "failure", just not a "pull the money out, this one is down the drain" type failure.

As far as plot, I'm actually more interested in the current Wonder Twins storyline "Scrambled".

I'm getting fatigue from the boom-bust comic book cycle here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                            Generally when a comic book line only lasts 12 issues it's still seen as a "failure", just not a "pull the money out, this one is down the drain" type failure.

As far as plot, I'm actually more interested in the current Wonder Twins storyline "Scrambled".

I'm getting fatigue from the boom-bust comic book cycle here.
                            Did it get canceled?
                            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                              Did it get canceled?
                              Yeah, waittaminute. What did I miss?

I mean, sales have been at record highs, haven't they? If it's a shakeup it's not a sales-related one, right?

Comment

• If we're talking about The Green Lantern, I think the creators are taking a break because they want to take a break. They'll probably resume again when they're ready, which makes sense.

Putting out nonstop content every month (20 pages of content, that is) is a really stupid way to do things creatively. It pretty much guarantees the creators will get burned out and the quality will suffer, which I believe contributes to comics being a niche thing. The creative quality of them is often so slipshod, and they seem to rarely ever be approached as serious creative endeavors the way other media, like games, movies, and novels often are. Comics are often approached creatively as low cost throwaway stuff, but they now have these massive price tags on them for what they are.

People will be more drawn in by gripping content and quality comics over comics coming out all the time. People are willing to wait for novels, movies, video games, and television shows. They will wait for comics, too, if the comics are great.
                                Star-Lantern
                                Weaponer of Qward
                                Last edited by Star-Lantern; 07-26-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X