This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Trey you bet your backside it will. Geoff owes Hal for making him the big shot he is today. He had some success before but Rebirth and the Sinestro Corps War (as well as his constant excellence on JSA) are what made Geoff the Superstar he is today. Someone posted a really well thought out post of how Hal was more responsible for Geoff's success than Geoff is for Hal's.
    Johns' JSA run (the FIRST run, not the second one) is still one of my favorite comic book runs ever. Dipped in mother fucking gold, it was.

Comment

• Has anyone seen the trailer for "Powerless?" Of note is a little gag (perhaps a Seinfeld reference) where one character says to another, "He's NOT Green Lantern!" regarding a hunky coworker with glasses. The girl goes to prove it by demolishing him with a chair from behind. OF NOTE is the fact that the guy they're wondering about it a white guy with brown hair.... (slight chance they're thinking Kyle, but they've said before this show actually takes place in the DCCU so...(yes, just more wishful thinking - they've only given us crumbs when it comes to GL info!))

Comment

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
        Has anyone seen the trailer for "Powerless?"
        This this thread at the bottom of the page: http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...=23589&page=58
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Everything in Rebirth was exactly what HEAT wanted Geoff to write, down to the smallest detail.

But let me tell you some more about this movie. It's going to be about Hal valiantly leading a rebellion against the "evil" Guardians, then leading the GLC in a war against the Black Lanterns. All the other Corps of the emotional spectrum will appear on-screen too.

The cost for the CGI to put all those gobbledy-gookers on camera will blow the budget into the next galaxy, but DC will cough up the money.

And it won't pay off.

Why? Mainly because the general public isn't yet even enthralled by the idea of one Corps, let alone seven.

Remember who told you about this YEARS ahead of time.
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-19-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
            True, but looking at this situation from a far and by Johns comments of the films needing "hope and optimism" is at odd with Snyder's vision. I mean, if you read Snyder's comments defending his controversial decisions on Man of Steel, he says something like having Superman fight is not fun and it has disastrous consequences. Not only did he want the character to feel that, but the audience as well.

Back in 2008, here's Snyder's vision of Batman:

Here are some more recent quotes from Zack Snyder:

The three quotes above, show that Snyder was more concerned about conveying the consequences of being Superman than the benefits or the reasons why he's Superman, which is directly stated by him:

Here are some quotes by Snyder on his vision of Superman:

That Empire podcast in June of 2013 is also where Snyder explains that the goal was to make the audience less sure about Superman as they had known him:

So instead of making Superman the DCEU version of Captain America, Snyder wanted push Superman into committing horrible stuff or at the very least want the audience to feel that Superman was capable of horrible stuff.

So, Snyder compared Superman to the First Order.

Grant Morrison thinks Snyder's Wonder Woman is wrong too.

Snyder's vision for the DC Trinity is at odds with many of the creators.
            Snyder certainly embraces the grim and gritty viewpoint but considering that:
            • All these guys already have a good working relationship with each other
            • Terrio said before BvS was even released that Justice League would be lighter in tone

I have a hard time seeing the situation devolving into them straight up being at odds with each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              If Geoff is running the films division, then it'll get made and it'll be about Hal.
              The quality potential is still debatable of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                Snyder certainly embraces the grim and gritty viewpoint but considering that:
                • All these guys already have a good working relationship with each other
                • Terrio said before BvS was even released that Justice League would be lighter in tone

I have a hard time seeing the situation devolving into them straight up being at odds with each other.
                Hopefully, you're right and the team works together and makes a better film.

However, I didn't think the grim and gritty tone was the problem with Batman v. Superman. I mean, Marvel's Netflix series (i.e. Daredevil and Jessica Jones) have a grim and gritty tone, which have received praises from both critics and fans. Moreover, Tony Stark's character in Captain America: Civil War is far removed from the Tony Stark of the original Iron Man film as he was pretty moody and wasn't all that funny. I think what was missing from Snyder's films is having character defining moments/interactions that honors 75 years of the characters' heritage, but instead, Snyder wants to break those ideals and push the characters in a direction that contradicts them.

This image posted by Iggy pretty much summarizes Snyder's take on the character:
                Originally posted by Marvelous Iggy View Post
                Snyder is more about the powers and consequences of the character, rather than what makes the character endearing.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                  The quality potential is still debatable of course.
                  Good point. I want it to star Hal Jordan, but if WB are incapable of making a good superhero movie, then it doesn't matter.

Comment

• Its starring Hal is not an issue. Hal's deposing the Guardians and leading the GLC is not a good set-up, and the emotional spectrum sucks.

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                        Good point. I want it to star Hal Jordan, but if WB are incapable of making a good superhero movie, then it doesn't matter.
                        They just need to sort things out. Management seems to be a really mess at Warner Brothers right now.

Comment

• Well I hope in the GLC movie they don't do anything close to that crap with the Guardians being evil and needing to be taken down.

That was a mistake in the comics that they STILL haven't fixed. Oa needs to come back too (again).

Comment

Well I hope in the GLC movie they don't do anything close to that crap with the Guardians being evil and needing to be taken down.

That was a mistake in the comics that they STILL haven't fixed. Oa needs to come back too (again).
                            Of course that will happen. Is Geoff going to make a movie that says anything different from that?

Comment

• It was SO bad. One of the worst things done to the GL mythos...and they've done a LOT of stupid things to the GL mythos in 57 years.

Comment

BBL...the last 4 years of his GL run were the drizzling shits. Admit it.
                                Well, Blackest Night is my all-time favorite DC story, so I'm guessing we differ a little on GJ's final years. He wasn't perfect, of course, but it didn't take me long to want him back once he left.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                                If Geoff is running the films division, then it'll get made and it'll be about Hal.
                                Hal will be the centerpiece, but I'm pretty sure it will included most or all of the human Lanterns.

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                                They just need to sort things out. Management seems to be a really mess at Warner Brothers right now.
                                WB never seems to have a clear vision of what to do with DC outside of Batman. They're really late to the party, yet things are still in flux.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                                Of course that will happen. Is Geoff going to make a movie that says anything different from that?
                                The turncoat GotU doesn't seem like something that would be a good fit for the start the DCEU. WB would have to invest plenty of screen time in them to make audiences shocked when they eventually betray the GLC. Something like that would only be considered if the JL and GLC films are all moneymakers and WB is considering stories for something like GLC 3 in 2026. There are many, many variables there.
                                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                                X